What the heck is Devine Envoy

DeletedUser

An update hit this am and suddenly a new unit emerges? How the heck do we deal with game changes 9 months into it, with new units, without any notice.

The unit is not listed on any help or wiki, nor in any help forums.

Decided to build some and didn't notice they cost favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23986

There was an announcement made by the community manager, so it didn't emerged suddenly without notice

DeletedUser

I resemble the above post completely!!!! Why not an explanation somewhere about what this new unit is? When You stop making major structural changes to the game, I may spend some more money. I was lucky, I noticed just by accident that the new unit required Favor.

And where was this Announcement??

DeletedUser

I resemble the above post completely!!!! Why not an explanation somewhere about what this new unit is? When You stop making major structural changes to the game, I may spend some more money. I was lucky, I noticed just by accident that the new unit required Favor.

And where -o-where is this announcement you allude to??

DeletedUser

And where -o-where is this announcement you allude to??

Hello ~

There was an announcement made on 12-16-12 stating there would be a NEW mythical emerging to the game. Last time I checked mythicals took favor. Not to mention there was also an in-game announcement stating the EXACT same thing.

Before building something that is new..I'd suggest reading the stats on the unit. ;)

The announcement can be found here.

Thank you,
Lane

DeletedUser

Hello ~

There was an announcement made on 12-16-12 stating there would be a NEW mythical emerging to the game. Last time I checked mythicals took favor. Not to mention there was also an in-game announcement stating the EXACT same thing.

Before building something that is new..I'd suggest reading the stats on the unit. ;)

The announcement can be found here.

Thank you,
Lane

I don't think I ever saw this announcement. Also, click on help, units. Nothing there about it. I would expect documentation to be updated as well. This is mid game and very amateur in terms of roll out.

DeletedUser

I saw and read the announcement. It was plainly and clearly presented to anyone who took the time to read it. It wasn't a surprise at all.

The only questions were about farm space, rez, att/def and favor which you can plainly see now. Don't understand the shock.

Good point about the help though. An update should include updates to the reference portions of the game as well, as no doubt there will be many who want to refer to them as aids for dealing with the changes.

DeletedUser

I saw the announcement. I saw a notice that there was to be an update, so I read the changes in the update. In the changes list the unit was called "Godsent," but that was changed to match what it's called in-game, "Divine Envoy."

The login page has the update notice and a link to here:
http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?41554-Update-to-version-2-33

Not bothering to check for news or read about the updates is a personal problem. The stats for the unit are listed in-game, and are pretty straight-forward. Building a bunch of units without checking costs is user error. I don't believe the wiki is maintained by the developers, so I'm not surprised the new unit isn't present yet.

If you can't deal with new units rolled out mid-game, I don't know that there is help for you. How do you deal with new units gained from research or buildings in-game? Perhaps apply the same approach. :shrug:

I see them as an option for speed 1 worlds where resources are slow to accumulate. You can build Divine Envoys for your armies and reserve your resources for ships and buildings. I'm not seeing a real issue with their presence.

DeletedUser

Clearly you are British, Lane is clearly american therefore you should know American's turn their date round the other way.

Americans - mm/dd/yyyy

British - dd/mm/yyyy

DeletedUser

British? I am ENGLISH thank you.

All and sundry with a passport can claim to be british !

DeletedUser

There was an announcement made by the community manager, so it didn't emerged suddenly without notice

SO you never answered the question about what the devine envoy does!! supports the gods is VERY vague How? specifics would be great

DeletedUser

Hmm..I don't know how to tell it much easier...December 16, 2012...Is that good enough?

Ah the 16th of December 2012, or 16/12/12 ( as used by most people).
You americans really should try harder ;)

DeletedUser

SO you never answered the question about what the devine envoy does!! supports the gods is VERY vague How? specifics would be great

Where did you read "supports the gods"?

If you actually READ the link that's been posted at least twice now, and look at the stats shown in-game, you'd have all the info you need.

Ah the 16th of December 2012, or 16/12/12 ( as used by most people).
You americans really should try harder ;)

Is there a :facepalm: smiley?

DeletedUser27700

Its just another unit. We are trying to figure out uses in a constructive way here.

Please check it out, and maybe help?

DeletedUser

Its really not a surprise...its not unfair...its a new unit and it was ALMOST named after me. Play with the Simulator youll find a few fun ways to apply this Myths skills.

Regarding the above supports the gods thing... you read the memo wrong it was the story line for the Myth... Sometimes the gods can choose a warrior whos weapons will do their bidding or something to the like.... So call him Hercules and get over it lol

I think it a cool twist thanks Grepolis - GT

DeletedUser

So if you switch gods does this unit go away like all the other mythical units or does it stay?

Don't know if this unit is any good at all just wondering.

DeletedUser

So if you switch gods does this unit go away like all the other mythical units or does it stay?

Don't know if this unit is any good at all just wondering.

thats a very good question, as well as if envoys that came from different cities (different gods worshipped) can support the same city?