What the heck is Devine Envoy

DeletedUser

I made a bunch of envoys, I don't want to lose them if I switch gods.

DeletedUser32498

I find the devine envoys are a waste of population space. They take 3 population space. I find if you use devine envoys it should only be to defend since they are 20 defence at sharp, blunt, and distance weapons. For attacking I'll use horsemen. Horsemen also take the same amount of population space. Horsemen have more blunt attack strength (55) compared to the devine envoy (35). The good thing I like about the devine envoy is that they cost no resources except favors, but I usually keep the favors for spells that may come in handy.

DeletedUser

Iced is correct, I guess there is a first time for everything ;)

And Dave, I can imagine that they would be good units early game considering they have a very fast movement speed and cost favor. Since you can now get the temple earlier I would have thought these would be quite useful.

DeletedUser32498

And Dave, I can imagine that they would be good units early game considering they have a very fast movement speed and cost favor. Since you can now get the temple earlier I would have thought these would be quite useful.

Very true. Later on in the game i would scrap the devine envoys, but they are useful early on for farming villages, and defending. Also resource production early on isn't that great and devine envoys cost no resources! :)