When will 1.0 worlds be upgraded to version 2.0 : Discussion

DeletedUser

Hello players,

Hello Players and Forum Goers,

We are receiving a lot of questions about when the 1.0 worlds will eventually be upgraded to 2.0 and to what extent. I would like to provide some clarification with this post.

When will the 1.0 worlds be upgraded?
Currently as some of you may have noticed, we are vigorously improving the 2.0 version and weeding out bugs. Of courses we are still modifying some game mechanics and features as well. Once we feel the 2.0 version is a stable platform, we may consider upgrading the 1.0 worlds. An exact date may not be released for us yet. Once we know more we will of course let you know with an announcement.

To what extent will the 1.0 worlds be upgraded?

If the worlds will be updated we will have to proceed very carefully with the implementation. We know you have been working very hard on building your empires, and we do not want to change the game mechanics too much. It is our goal to add to the existing game, and not change it. However, some change with an update is unavoidable. I know the farming system is a debated issue and we will have to come up with a strategy that works for most of our players.

This community has been fantastic in the last few months. Most of our game and bug improvements have come from the community and we thank you for your dedication and passion for the game. We have to, once again, ask you to be patient as our 2.0 implementation plans on the 1.0 worlds will be revealed in the future.

Please leave your feedback about the upgrade process here

Thank you for being part of the community,

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

So what 2.0 feature would you like to see in the 1.0 world update? Hades, Wonders, the farming system, everything? Please leave your opinions here.

P.S: Please do not ask for an update date, as we cannot provide you with one. Every time a person asks for an update time, a mighty spartan dies a gruesome death on the battlefield ;)

DeletedUser14367

Hello players,

Hello Players and Forum Goers,

We are receiving a lot of questions about when the 1.0 worlds will eventually be upgraded to 2.0 and to what extent. I would like to provide some clarification with this post.

When will the 1.0 worlds be upgraded?
Currently as some of you may have noticed, we are vigorously improving the 2.0 version and weeding out bugs. Of courses we are still modifying some game mechanics and features as well. Once we feel the 2.0 version is a stable platform, we may consider upgrading the 1.0 worlds. An exact date may not be released for us yet. Once we know more we will of course let you know with an announcement.

If the worlds will be updated we will have to proceed very carefully with the implementation. We know you have been working very hard on building your empires, and we do not want to change the game mechanics too much. It is our goal to add to the existing game, and not change it. However, some change with an update is unavoidable. I know the farming system is a debated issue and we will have to come up with a strategy that works for most of our players.

This community has been fantastic in the last few months. Most of our game and bug improvements have come from the community and we thank you for your dedication and passion for the game. We have to, once again, ask you to be patient as our 2.0 implementation plans on the 1.0 worlds will be revealed in the future.

Please leave your feedback about the upgrade process here

Thank you for being part of the community,

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

So what 2.0 feature would you like to see in the 1.0 world update? Hades, Wonders, the farming system, everything? Please leave your opinions here.

P.S: Please do not ask for an update date, as we cannot provide you with one. Every time a person asks for an update time, a mighty spartan dies a gruesome death on the battlefield ;)

Subject: Hades
Verdict: Yes
Reason:It would be very fun and interesting to have an evil new god in the game apart from the basic 4 gods.

Subject:Farms
Reason: It is annoying sending out farming attacks when you get more than 10 cities.

Subject: Wonders
Verdict: Yes!
Reason: This has been what everybody in epsilon has been waiting for in the 2.0 worlds and we would truly be sad if they did not come. The only thing we do not want is to have it so that when we get 4 wonders the game ends. We have worked so hard with many of us playing for over a year now on the same world and would hate to lose all of our kingdom.

Subject: Graphics
Verdict: No
Reason: View my thread in the ideas forum here

DeletedUser345

No just no never touch the precious 1.26 worlds they are in short supply.

Reason: 4 Gods is fine it works well plus the myth units are rubbish.

Reason: @ jarograv have you ever tried farming on the 2.0 system? Its awful your required there every 5 mins.

Reason: The worlds are fine leave 1 alliance to conquer the world like tribal wars, if you want to end the world then get rid of culture.

Reason: Not neccessary and is bad for phones/iPods etc.

DeletedUser

-Achilles- took my very words and more we need our 1.x worlds preserved

DeletedUser

Reason: I would add more gods if possible, add more to the equation by all means

Reason: when i heard of the new system i was glad, finally a solution to those with 20+ cities , when i played it i was a bit disapponted, it wasnt what i expacted but then again its better that not farming at all (if you have 40
+ cities),more work on it would be nice but ill take it anyway.

Reason: I still dont belive you will "End" the worlds when those are built - thats just an urbean myth- right? RIGHT??:eek:.

Reason: its very nice and gives a new look and feel, can see more of the map which is helpful

DeletedUser

Reason: @ jarograv have you ever tried farming on the 2.0 system? Its awful your required there every 5 mins.

I'm looking at the 2.04 changelog... the farming times and so change. I don't know how much by or so, but still, just a hint.

DeletedUser

Reason: The more Gods/spells we have, the funnier it is

Reason: Unless they don't add a mass farming button. Farming with horses is annoying,but farming every 10 min ... lets say, its boring

Verdict: N/E
Reason: Havent see their influence ingame yet, so can't really say if they'll be good or bad

Reason: I don't like the new one. I like simple things and the old one was simple enough for me

DeletedUser

Reason: would give some new (balanced) features. if it comes to gods the more the merrier

Reason: it might be easier to farm, but i really dont like the fact that if u farm the others on ur isle they can still farm as well as u. so what is the point in farming them??

Reason: wonders would be cool but it would suck if the world would close

Reason: we gotta make sure the 1.0 feeling stays

DeletedUser

Hello players,

To start off I think it is a great thing that inno always asks for the communities opinions, it allows to help improve the product that we pay for.

I believe that in order to bring some of the 2.0 changes into our beloved 1x it is imperative that we don't drastically alter the current system already in place.

Meaning that things such as wonders and the new the farming system are not put into place. World wonders would be too large of an impact on the servers, some of these worlds have been open for a year already. There is no reason to change the dynamics of them. The new farmings system which I enjoy is good but once again should not be introduced into the 1x servers players have managed to thrive on the system this far. Of course it would benefit some players, but I think it would have a larger negative impact.

On the flip side I would love to see Hades put into effect on the 1x servers. The reasons being it actually does make the game more interesting. Plus it never hurts to have another god that allows you to cast spells on your attacks! The attack planner would also be a nice feature to add into the game.

But I think before any changes are introduced that inno should send a mail to all of the players in the 1x server that has a link to a poll where the players will be able to vote the major things that could be introduced.

Edit: When will this be implemented?

/me hates Spartans :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If this is Grepolis' only way to kill MRA's here we go.

When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready? When is the update ready?

Now, another 67.888888888888881 million more spartans to kill.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
DO NOT change the 1.26 worlds to 2.0... Many players like myself prefer the 1.26 version than the new version. I dislike 2.0 and tbh, IMO I think it has ruined grepolis. I dislike the several windows that pop up. I dislike the farming & I dislike the world wonders.

I and many other players do not want to see the old grepolis worlds change into 2.0. If it does, then I won't play much longer. I'm sure many people like 2.0 but there are others who dislike it.

I think we should make a poll about this, if 1.26 worlds should be changed. I definitely think that will be a good idea!

DeletedUser

yes, the majority who play the old worlds do not want the change, specially farming and word wonders (you can change setting to make it 1 window only).

I think if the old world are to change, only add Hades and the attack planner.

There is a motion to make 1 1.26 wolrd per every 5 2.0 wolrds, and many many are in favour of that motion in the Ideas forum, so if people want 1.26 wolrds to be open with out any changes, I think that shows that users of 1.26 don´t want the change.
And seriously, if you want to play 2.0 join a 2.0 wolrd

DeletedUser

honestly with the way the game is set-up there is no point in playing a 1.26 world, you cannot possible win, as culture limits to being able to take a city every so often. If you want the 1.26 worlds to stay 1.26 then inno games needs to kill culture. There is no other realistic way of winning a 1.26 world

DeletedUser

Te point of grepolis is not to win, if you read the game´s description they have on the home page and on the wiki it said so. The aspect of a never ending world is what makes it interesting for many.
There are similar games with endings out there, you can play those if you want

DeletedUser

whats the point of playing a never ending game? if you didn't notice there are a good group of people on 1.26 worlds who do want 2.0, and who do want an ending to their game.

DeletedUser

whats the point of playing a never ending game? if you didn't notice there are a good group of people on 1.26 worlds who do want 2.0, and who do want an ending to their game.
Well too bad for them cause others don't.
If you want to play a 2.0 world then join one, I like it the way it is, in my opinion complication is a bad thing.

DeletedUser2795

I personally do not think that 1.26 worlds should be changed, maybe Hades and attack planner could be added, but nothing else.

DeletedUser

Hades - No not really. People have cities already set up around four gods, adding a fifth might cause some restructuring.

Farming - I'm in indifferent here. I still might do very little farming because I'm lazy :p

Wonders - NO! I know even my alliance has made them but I do not want the work to end that quickly. It might just be me as a TW player but I feel that the 1.26 worlds should end via domination, not through world wonders. I mean seriously, back then countries didn't settle disputes by seeing who could build a building the fastest. If the did you would see quite a rise in the birth rate and China would have conquered the world. :D

Graphics - I'm indifferent. I don't mind playing with the same graphics. but to please both sides, why not make an option to switch between the two? There are no game changing consequences in either version, so doing this would appease both sides of this argument. Just a thought, and might need to be developed further in the ideas section (if it hasn't already)

And yes I did play the test server a bit.

DeletedUser

I'd prefer leaving the old worlds as they are. If I want to play 2.0 then I'll go to one of the new worlds.

DeletedUser

New farming system - Not upon none 2.0 worlds, it will take to much rearranging to get used to it heros world yes as we know this will happen and can adjust under a new world.

Hades - Yes, easy to rearrange or perhaps when you take a new city to worship hades rather than any other.

Wonders - Yes, every game need an end game no point having 10 players in one world. :D

Last edited by a moderator: