When will 1.0 worlds be upgraded to version 2.0 : Discussion

DeletedUser

Subject: Hades
Verdict: Yes
Reason: I like the idea in an extra god

Subject: Farms
Verdict: N/A
Reason: Honestly I forget to use them half the time so they don't really matter to me though the 2.0 way of doing it is nice.

Subject: Wonders
Verdict: N/A
Reason: Haven't dealt with them have no idea what their purpose is.

Subject: Graphics
Reason: As people I know on gamma listen to me complain about wanting the graphics from sigma. I really love that map. That is what I would want the most. It is so much bigger and nicer and frankly easier. Love the map.

DeletedUser

i only think we really need hades and maybe the harbour trader guy

DeletedUser8362

mango, have you played beyond one city with the 2.x farming system?

no... but i like grepolis the way it is, and i find that it doesnt need fancy graphics, new gods & multi windows to make it a good game. If anything it destroys it for someone who plays it seriously (like myself), as it slows down loading times and other important aspects of timing attacks... The only one i would like is the farming, as that need as serious redo and anything is better than what it was originally.

DeletedUser

anything is better than what it was originally.
Well, if you said yourself that you haven´t played it, how do you know is better than the original?

DeletedUser8362

Well, if you said yourself that you haven´t played it, how do you know is better than the original?

ive played it, just not with more than one city... if it is hard to time attacks with one city, how would attacks be easier to time with 2 or more cities?

DeletedUser

the opinion of Eventine in an idea to have a 1.26 world come out every now and then :) (the following is not my opinion in any way)

1.26 words are superior to 2.0 worlds in almost every way. I will explain why because there have been several posts that dont seem to understand the differences properly, or how they affect NON PREMIUM players. If you dont like reading text walls I suggest you look away now and please accept my apologies, but I think this needs said.

1) Farming system: In 1.26 farming is essentially only useful for beginners and those who need lots of resources = just use the market or your other cities to trade, easier with less clicking.

So, these changes in 2.0 hailed as being an improvement are not an improvement, they are a way to keep you clicking on the farming villages more, ergo you need to be online more in order to be successfull. The game is set up more to benefit from the farming... to keep you online more. Fine, Im online all the time anyway, but what about less casual gamers. Basically I dont appreciate being made to click things a million times.

2) Window system: an excellent idea, I see no down side to it at all, it took time to get used to but I now know my way around.

3) Map interface: Awful! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the map interface in 1.26... why they have changed this is totally beyond me. You cannot see as much in the zoomed out version, and for a number of reasons it is more difficult to navigate around. Having a clear picture of where you and everyone else is seems to be far more difficult.

Switching between map views does not work well either.

I do however like the pop up menu for cities, taking you to the screen you want, god power, attack, info etc.

4) Reloading: in 1.26 this was simple, you just clicked on 'city overview' and the whole game reloaded... not so in 2.0, its a total faff, with lots of clicking needed to try and get the thing to reload. There are other problems of this nature as well, the way you interact with the world is just not as user friendly.

5) Attacking/Defending: Now we come to the real crux of the matter. 2.0 seems to have been designed more with the premium player in mind. Fine, you want to look after your income base. But I will never pay, unless I get a serious increase in wages. I am the same as a great many Grepolis players, we think this is one of the best online games out there of this type... but we wont pay the vast amounts needed to keep all premium features activated. I would consider paying something like a flat yearly subscription at the right price. But nothing like the total sum needed to keep all premium features on at the moment.

So, what does this mean? It means premium players have a huge and unassailable advantage over the non premium player. Similar to 1.26 I hear you say... NO, not so. In 1.26 you gain advantages sure, I have activated them so know what they offer. But you can still mix it with the premium players, particularly once you get a few cities yourself, using your tactics/timing/knowledge/alliance etc. In 2.0 premium players have accelerated beyond everyone else far too fast.

Most importantly, the way you can attack and defend has changed with premium, it is easier to manage and easier to plan... so non premium players are at even more of a dissadvantage, as if premium players needed any more help! (I was speaking to a premium player recently, he didnt realise non premium folks didnt even get the attack planner lol).

My rant is over, I dont feel I have explained things as well as I could.

I hope this gives you just some of the reasons that 1.26 is basically a more user friendly game, an easier game to interact with and above all, a FAIRER game.

Long live 1.26.

E

DeletedUser

Subject:Hades (god)
Verdict:Yes
Reason:Hades to me looks like the opposite of Hera instead of helping resource production in cities he can decimate them, this gives players a chance for the attacker to rebuild his forces faster than the defender.

Subject:Farming
Verdict:Neither
Reason:The farming system essentially the same except in 2.0 they give you set resources but give each resource at the same amount, but then again you have to level it up.

Subject:Wonders
Verdict:N/A
Reason:Not here yet therefore cannot make a verdict.

Subject:Graphics
Verdict:N/A
Reason:To me both worlds are okay for the graphics not too majorly different except the pop-ups but i think that's it.

I just think that we should have the new units and new god might make it a little harder for every player.

DeletedUser

ive been playing delta for a while now and i joined sigma for a short while, but i like the old version better and i quit sigma. so i know how both version function and this is how i feel about the upgrade:

Verdict: No
Reason: although it would be more interesting for new players, i think that the older ones would freak out reconstructing their cities (and losing all mythical units they have etc.)

Verdict: DEFINITLY!
Reason: anyone who answers ´no´ to this question either has less than 5 cities or doesnt care enough. i like the earlier posted idea of a ´mass farm button´ lol. but, no, seriously, i have to say that im not crazy about the 2.0 farming sistem (like in sigma), but there has to be a way to make it easier. i know that this slow way makes a distinction between the active and hard core devoted players and those who arent like that, but maybe if we could at least click on the farm and select our horses to regroup (25-25-25) by themselves and farm with one button? i dont know, but yeah, it needs a change asap!

Verdict: YES!
Reason: wonders will bring a new motivation to old players! it wont nececarily put an accent on defense, cause you will have some cities on wonder islands, and still some that are not on wonder islands. it will just bring diversity to the game. and to those who say that it will be imposible for new players to ever beat the ones who are already over their heads in wonders - whats the difference? its just like now: new players/alliances are constantly comming to the game and if they fight, they can reach the stronger players. if they have the will to come in the game now with 175pts in the same world where there are ppl who have 60 cities, why wouldnt they try to get into a better alliance and build up to match the ones with wonders?
But i agree that the world shouldnt end once the quest is complete.

Reason: If it slows down the game for some players, than thats not good. Plus i like the oldscool look.

DeletedUser

I have been playing this game actively for over a year, most of that time as a premium player. I left Theta to give 2.0 a chance but after a couple of months of playing have returned to the older style. I would like to see many of the new features added to existing worlds when they are stable.

People are different and enjoy the game for different reasons, this is part of the charm of this game, after all if everyone played the game in exactly the same way it would be boring. I understand this. My personal opinions are just that... opinions.

The big drawbacks for me right now are:

A/ the rush to prepare for World Wonders has taken over game play
B/ bugginess of game play. (lagging notifications/error messages)

Individual aspects:

Subject: Hades (or other Gods)
Verdict: Absolutely
I think that Gods add a lot to the game, though personally I rarely bother with Mythical units. I do appreciate the spells and advantages that Gods Favor add to peoples strategy. I really believe this aspect of the game enhances the game by increasing diversity.

Verdict: As it currently works, NO

Both systems are awful.But the new system levels the playing field too much. People who are willing to put in the extra time to farm efficiently/consistantly should be able to benefit from that effort. I can see the advantages of this system later in the game, when you have many cities and don't need to farm as often (having 50+ cities producing full capacity resourses pretty much eliminates the need for farming except occassionaly when you need some extra for rebuilding/training)

Being able to upgrade farms is a plus, but the need to 'conquer' the villages after each new city aquisition is ridiculous, You should inherit the farms already owned by the previous owner. I don't build troops in every city. Let alone the numbers of troops needed to take those last few cities on each island.

Yes it is irritating to strengthen the villages only to have your neighbor beat them down, before your troops can get there. But everyone is entitled to play their own way. You can overcome anything in the old system if you are aware of your surroundings.

I think finding a way to combine the best of both systems is the solution.

Verdict: No opinion.

Haven't played to this stage. I think anything that adds interest to the game is a good thing. If it leads some players to move on to "hero worlds' this puts a little added spice to the game, just not sure that it needs to 'end' a world that has not reached its capacity. I think that it is too early in this aspect of the new style worlds to determine how it will effect gameplay. I think at this stage people are too intent on seeing how it plays out and not busy enough developing their world. Only time will tell. I for one am content to wait and see how the first worlds play out before coming to a decision.

Verdict: As they are now, I would have to say NO

Reason: I love the bigger maps, new islands and improved graphics, but most of the new graphics are not actually adding anything to game play but problems. They are pretty, but a lot of the problems are caused by 'fluff' that is just 'cool' for its own sake. (the counters are a good example of this) The little ICON notifications are another, positively intolerable. The lagging. late notifications and need to constantly refresh the screen are awful.

The Phoenician Merchant
Verdict: ABSOLUTELY

Allows extra trading opportunities.

DeletedUser

hades - yes
wonders - yes
Graphics - meh

FARMING - Can i get a Heck NO!!

New farming system sucks i played rho and left due to continous hitting the demand button every 5 mins... and the ratio for hrs+ sucked so you either click every 5 mins or lose out huge on resources.

If the farming system comes to 1.0 i honestly think i will be done with this game and i know a few others that feel the same way.

DeletedUser17523

I feel you Meat I would leave too.

Hades - yes

Wonders - yes, but maybe incease amount needed to win (5-6?)

Graphics - Does this mean the multiple pages - NO NO NO

Farming - Absolutely not. You used to need experiance and skill to be able to effecively get resources from farming villages, but now all you need is time to hit a button every 5 min.

We need to keep Age 1 developing too. Many players favor it. Not to trow similar games here, just supporting with examples: evony - They developed Age 2 a year or 2 ago but never stopped creating Age 1 worlds.

DeletedUser

Reason:More gods more fun :)

Subject:Farms
Reason: Boring terrible!

Verdict: Yes!
Reason: add fun twisty to game. Hero worlds??????? What are they??? But sound fun.

Reason: Lags

DeletedUser

P.S: Please do not ask for an update date, as we cannot provide you with one. Every time a person asks for an update time, a mighty spartan dies a gruesome death on the battlefield ;)

just follow the "Duke Nukem Forever" way: pick an early date, delay it again and again and eventually people won't be expecting it anymore, and all of a sudden (15 years later? :p) you do the update ^^

DeletedUser

Reason: It allows players to be able to change their style of game play to adapt to him, keeping things fresh for players who are getting bored. Many existing players will have to incorporate Hades into their current style and this really will be interesting for many players to undertake. He's a good god who balances out the other gods and will fit in nicely.

Subject: Farming System
Reason: It requires even more time having to be spent farming (and by the time you have 35 cities in a speed 3 world, you just can't be bothered). Not worth it, just requires more effort.

Subject: World Wonders
Reason: Although many people have said no, I'm gonna say yes. The reason is, it is exciting, alliances will have fun trying to use some of their useless cities deep in their core to build wonders. The alliance who wins will enjoy bragging rights. Many people seem to think the world will end: 4 WONDERS DOESN'T MEAN THE WORLD ENDS! It means that a new world opens in addition to the current world where players will get a chance to play like they did in the early days against players on the other side of the world (with the same allies) if they wish.

It will just bring a new dimension to the game and keep things fresh. However I recommend making sure the resources needed is extremely high, so that it takes weeks, even months to upgrade it one level.

Verdict: No/Yes
Reason: Too annoying to use sometimes, plus I don't see the benefit. Maybe the picture quality could be improved, but the different windows is a big NO.

Subject: Attack Planner/Phoenician Merchant
Reason: Both ideas are good, the first is very useful in the 1.26 worlds which are developed and players have lots of cities. The second, also good, although not that useful there is no harm in putting it in.

DeletedUser

Reason: gods are always good for grepolis. give you bonuses that help your cities.

Subject: Farming System
Verdict: ABSOLUTELY NO
Reason: ughhh its just terrible!! Having to hit demand button every 5 minutes and only getting a few resources, which is a rip-off. Where as in 1.0, you cna send your troops to a village to get way more resources, with no losses. If this comes to 1.0, I think I may be done. Imight try to work with it but..

Subject: World wonders
Verdict: Maybe
Reason: I personally like world wonders, its just it take MUCH to many resorces to construct one! If you guys at innogames could lower it, Id be cool with it.

Verdict: no
Reason: Too slow

So if it comes dont add farming system and the too many windows thing.

DeletedUser

Reason:I think it is useful to have another god and would be interesting to see current players change their styles to adopt him

Subject:Farms
Reason: Every time I choose 5 minute farming I die a little inside, also with the changes to the loot feature it means you have to be doing a 5 minute clickathon to grow fast, I imagine it could be useful just doing a day long farming and trading resources when you have 10 cities or more. but you have to get there first and most people quit as they can't face the tedium of clicking every 5 minutes on several islands

Verdict: Yes!
Reason: A great idea to have an end to the game but still keep playing afterwards, it makes control of the core very important and I can't wait to see the results when the first 2.0 world enters the age of wonders.

Reason: they are nice but makes the game far too laggy, I wouldn't call myself a Vet but I prefer the feel of the old system. also on 2.0 if you press the go to current city button it closes all windows on screen. also the alliance chat feature is useless

DeletedUser2950

Please, oh please, DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!! Anyone that wants to play 2.0 can simply play one of the new worlds. Many of us do NOT like 2.0, so why change the existing servers? You're guaranteed to lose many loyal players, & their premium $ with them.

DeletedUser4013

Please, oh please, DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING!! Anyone that wants to play 2.0 can simply play one of the new worlds. Many of us do NOT like 2.0, so why change the existing servers? You're guaranteed to lose many loyal players, & their premium $ with them.

While many share your sentiments, it was always planned that some of the features from 2.x would be incorporated into 1.x worlds. Not everything, just some of the main features. Rest assured, Inno will take all of this into consideration before implementing those changes. They listened when they introduced Morale to the worlds, so have faith that they will listen again :)

DeletedUser14786

Hades-- No opinion
I wouldn't mind another god, but I don't see how it would necessarily make a more enjoyable gaming experience.

Farming-- No.
Clicking every 5 (or 10) minutes takes way too much of my life, and if I wanted to spend that much time in grepolis I would join a faster speed world. The 2.0 farming system, as is, has sped up the game (at least in its early stages).

Wonders-- No.
I agree that this game is set up to be an indefinite game. That is, the point is not to conquer the entire world but rather to enjoy a very social experience. If one wishes an endgame be introduced then culture limits on new city slots can be lowered, as this is the only thing truly limiting the best-run alliances from taking over their worlds. Besides, if the wonders give certain bonuses (as I've heard they do) this penalizes any late starting alliances (that come about after the construction of the wonders) who never get a chance to build them and never get to enjoy any of their bonuses.

Graphics--No.
I dislike not being able to have multiple windows open simultaneously in the 2.0 system, as it makes it more difficult to organize an alliance and to transfer information around an alliance forum. This game leaves so much to the imagination anyhow (in terms of battles and graphics) that I don't see how new island shapes or sea and land textures add to the experience. Additionally, the free-ranging screen in it's present state can make it difficult to tell where in a particular ocean you are viewing.

Attack Planner/Phoenecian Merchant--Yes.
Seem useful and would add an interesting element to the game. I see no harm in either, seeing as other people have already created various scripts for attack planners.

While upgrading the old worlds to 2.0 might breathe new life into them, I fear that you'll chase out many of the veterans that have chosen to hang on to them for so long.