Who is Better

DeletedUser

The top two alliances in XI are Project Venom and Nemesis.

I think that Project Venom is very underrated and Nemesis is Exaggerated.

I posted this thread to know what everyone else thinks.

Who is the strongest in XI and please explain why. DO not just say that one is better because they have a higher average or more points.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Well I will most probably be Biased here...

I am in project venom but I will give my opinion on both alliances.

PV: Excellent leadership, very organised and very active. Number 1 in ranking and in total BP. But that doesn't mean we're better. PV have about 100 players and all of them are very active and most are highly experienced players from previous worlds coming together to form one great alliance Hence the reason of success. PV stick to one Ocean and that is Ocean 54 which is looking like it will be conquered by PV. For a long time they will stay Number 1 in the rankings. Also when conquests started rolling in, PV managed to conquer a city from Nemesis and hold it during the siege even though there were many attacks on it which failed.

Nemesis: Great leadership however the downside to MetalCore is he plays 3 other worlds and leads 3 other powerful alliances, he cannot give his full potential if he leads many alliances. However Nemesis like PV, has highly experienced and active players who form a great team and will be one day a big threat to PV in the near future. There first colonization was a loss though. But they have the best average and Excellent BP. Nemesis has half the members of PV but there still there a good alliance. They will probably start to rise through the rankings and might get up to the top 3 soon if they keep it up. Good luck to them. They stick to one Ocean as well, Ocean 55.

That's my opinion. I would say who's better but I am in PV so it's a bit obvious I will be biased lol.

James

Last edited:

DeletedUser

well all i can say that only war decide who is better and who is not.
as for the opinion from my personal view .
Nemesis: has a lot of Experienced players from other world so they are doing great at the initial point even with low member count. also as for the Leader. I have Worked under him in another world AND I must say he is Great leader. Truly Calm and composed.and that is a very important quality for being a great Leader.

PROJECT VENOM: well every body were saying "THEY ARE MRA" in the beginning . but i would like to say what is the Problem to Recruit Large amount of Players if all are GOOD AND EAGER TO LEARN. Why are you guys not seeing from the way that having a large no player in an alliance means difficult to handle all of them. well i must salute their Leader duo "tommyknight and Daizen(though he refuses to be labeled as Leader :p..... is the leader word a jinx??? :p)" for efficiently managing the whole alliance.

DeletedUser2663

Now that the world has had some time to settle it is a dam close call. Basically if you want quality per member Nemesis is the best, if you are looking for overall firepower PV is the place to go.

Thats my main distiction between the two. Nemesis holds the top avgs while PV holds the Rank 1's.

DeletedUser

as I have seen at this point of the game PVs strategy of having more members wins out, however if nemesis can survive for a long time (im talking till average points are in the hundred thousands) then the smaller alliance strategy is best, because by then they are a tight knit group willing to help each other till the end

DeletedUser5061

I think the question asked should have been who is better? Project Venom, Nemesis or Confederate States.

Project Alice -- I can't judge til we've had our first real war because by the time conquest came around it was 100 snakes vs. 10 shiners so you can't really call that a were. With shine gone the rest of the ocean are all noobs and turtles so we don't get to hit many horses :( when we attack people and I think the lack of easy ABP will become more telling in the coming weeks.

Nemesissies -- I thought they would be more like mad melons, bs and tck and liven up the forums and make it interesting being in the same world as my lot but they are all serious all the time :rolleyes: anywho all their top player are coming off Kappa or their name is Vork so this speed must be a breeze for them which is good for Nemesis bad for the rest of us. But they are starting to show cracks I won't point them out here but might do to their enemies for the right amount of resources ;)

Con Feds - Everyone underrated them in Kappa and everyone is doing it here. An alliance like more like pro venom than Nemesis but they have more competition in their ocean and that will only add to their BP.

Conclusion: Undeceive on who has the advantage at this stage, pro are limited by their early success, nemesis are nemesis but have all their eggs in one basket and CS just need to secure their ocean but everything is easier said than done.

A week ago I would have including Catharsis but I don't think it's fair to the above three alliances to add Cathy on guest list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I quite like Nemesis's smaller size and ABP whoring, but I also like PV's sheer firepower.

But who's best?

imagesCAG3DQ3F.jpg

I bet only the Brits will get that.

DeletedUser

All three alliances have solid leadership.

All three have players willing to play as a team and help out when asked.

All three realize that consolidation is the key to future success.

So who is the best? IMO it is still way to early to tell, but from the looks of things it will be more challenging for Nemesis to rise as the alliances in 55 seem to be a bit more organized than in other oceans (besides the leading alliance). This should prove useful fo rdeveloping a warriors spirit in membership and keeping the game interesting while raising BP.

PV's growth will be mostly unhindered due to the lack of any significant opposing force in their ocean (44) - boring, which is probably why Daizan has increased his spam lately..

CS's growth will be steady but I don't know anything about the other alliances in 45.

Seems there is a power vacumn in 54?

so:

If I were an unbiased observer I would probably vote for Confederate States due to their ability to work under the radar, dedicate time and effort to one another, and not bother spending too much time on external forums posting their thoughts on meaningless things (like all of us) and more of it doing what needs to be done in game. I can respect this.

DeletedUser

imagesCAG3DQ3F.jpg

I bet only the Brits will get that.

LOL (not just the brits some irish too :p)
Its too early in the game to write them off and its the same to judge them. TBH i didn't know con-feds but they're doing great likewise with Nemesis and PV.

DeletedUser

Well, we (CS) do have quite a few very formidable opponents in O45 - Gotcha, The Jr. Illuminati, EOW, Spartan Phalanx Elite and Grand Greek Order just to name a few..
Aside from the possible threats we also have ongoing war with Titanus et Ares and Blood Hounds.. Chiavarone Famiglia already packed their bags, so we can cross them out.
I'd say things get interesting when the core alliances start invading other oceans, until then it's pretty much the main alliances picking off the smaller one's one-by-one, unless something really dramatic happens.

As for Nemesis vs. PV I'd say it's very hard to assess it, as they are quite different alliances, one small, the other large, as far as a possible war between those two would go, right now my money would go on PV, just because of the size, early on, the number of members can make a huge difference, but if Nemesis can gobble up their ocean and become strong with lesser number of players, it's anybody's game.

DeletedUser5061

Can someone with leader rights at Nemesis please change the part of the profile where it says...

The Light Cant Hide You Now
All Fall To The Reaper.

to "WARNING: Do Not Feed The Monster" or just change it to "The Dark Cant Hide You Now" and forget the reaper part altogether. The absurdity of your current quote makes me cringe everytime I have to read it and no I don't know what word means but you get what I am saying so...

DeletedUser345

Can someone with leader rights at Nemesis please change the part of the profile where it says...

to "WARNING: Do Not Feed The Monster" or just change it to "The Dark Cant Hide You Now" and forget the reaper part altogether. The absurdity of your current quote makes me cringe everytime I have to read it and no I don't know what word means but you get what I am saying so...

Reaper is like the grim reaper, death basically. Its to do with their old pic.

DeletedUser

we might have changed it.. but for you I dunno.. might have to keep it ;)

DeletedUser6810

Dunno, makes me think of the idealism behind the line " Hiding in plain sight".

As for who is better, after being in both alliances i can honestly say that PV at this moment in time, if they went against Nemesis, they would take them down because of the numbers behind them. A few months down the line i believe nemesis will get the upperhand.

But both alliances need strong leadership otherwise they will struggle to suvive, i think daizan, representing PV, is doing a better job than Metalcore atm.

DeletedUser

My non-biased opinion.
PV: It seems to be lead by daizan :p but probably not. Excellent leader ship and right now is going strong the on player page, and on BP. I think they are a well run alliance
Nemesis: SCARY! Metalcore is an amazing leader but seems preoccupied. They are just below PV in BP. (Rhymes!)

That is my short non-biased opinion.

DeletedUser

Initially I wrote a whole story on Moaning about Xi threads, different theme and title but same content etc.

I then deleted the whole thing and decided to participate instead

P.V = great

Nemesis = great

confed = great

Message me when something new comes to the forum, failing that happening i will settle for something interesting

DeletedUser

Nemesis is doing great (small size with very organized members, willing to cooperate and keep the alliance running at all costs): And they have solid competition in O55 which will add to their brutality and drive. They could become the NaTaRaJa of Xi.

PV is also doing great (Many members, most of which are very cooperative and active, will ensure the alliance runs continuously/ and awesome leadership by Daizan and Tommy :)): But a lack of opposition in O54 is a double edged sword:

Unhindered growth-massive growth for PV firepower and strength V.S.
Lowering number of available cities to take and space-lowering of opposition might lead to a slowing down of activity later on in the game; and a decrease in the massive participation of members:..Kind of like Noxious Immortals on Mu..Growing fat and secure off of acquired power ;)

As to who would be the best in the long run: PV for now, definitely..
Nemesis is having its methods tested and is constantly fighting, and will constantly be fighting...Perhaps Nemesis in the long run.

But again, its down to participation of members, and what happens in the long run :)

P.S. Change the Nemesis profile back to the original reaper: it was much more impressive!

DeletedUser

*grins and slurps an ever-present ale*

It's a total toss-up.

PV has great leadership, a ton of active players.
CS has great leadership, a ton of active players. (but a lot less than PV)

All the rest 'large-number alliance' leaders need to kick some grunt-butt, and get their less active players into high gear. But so many alliances have great players, that one never knows what will happen in the next month.
A lot of the top-notch players in high recruitment alliances will be important as time passes. If these players survive the destruction of their present alliance, and then join the right alliance, they may turn the scales. They could also remove their dead weight, make the right NAPs, and become instrumental small-group powerhouses.

Semi-premade small groups like the Killer Wabbits and Illuminati (not to be confused with Jr. Illuminati who needs to kick non-actives into high gear), composed of great players, will also have their impact. Nemesis is a small group as well, the biggest baddest 'small-group' in the playground.

Naming just two alliances (Nemesis/ProVen) isn't good enough... too many good players in this world.

This world is a total mess, and playing here is as fun as (the old saying goes)...
...being a tornado in a trailor park.

DeletedUser

Thanks for your feedback.

In my opinion I think PV is the strongest in this world. great leadership, good players, and an alliance forum which is much better than any alliance I joined in other wolds.
I only wished I was more active on the first week while I was with them, but then I guess that makes my judgment very biased.