Who is Better

DeletedUser5061

2> The cheapest tactic I see being employed here is your feeble attempt to spin the server against Nemesis, and your ludicrous efforts in making yourself to be enlightened in any way to the rest of us or try to get a rise out of us.

I am not trying to spin the server against Nemesis, I am pretty sure being number one in DBP with 50 players means you are on that path already. And not praising Nemesis everytime I post hardly constitutes as trolling. If you read my posts during the first week of XI, I was actually very positive about Namesis and it's leadership but after seeing first hand how your leader's words don't hold any weight and in the manner how you go about doing things, I just don't see how you guys in the same light as everyone else.

No I don't see Nemesis as enemies I see them as our competition just like the other top alliance that are not in our ocean like CS. We wanted to take out Kurb before he quits the server but we are hardly gonna change your entire strategy just to go after Nemesis. If you think an alliance the size of Project Venom needs to turn a entire server against you to come after you than than you are the ones who are pretty full of yourselves and we have your answer to this thread ;)

Yes I do know people in Nemesis but I would hardly insult them by going around fishing for information let alone try use them as spies. We knew you had spy because of Kurb PM's wishing Asth good luck as we started preparing for the op.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Are you dizzy blud? this aint a war, we are not trying to fight for freedom and save lives here. This is a war GAME and daizan's pretty good at it compared to yo noob friend Sun Tzu who wouldn't even know how to turn the computer let alone be able to log in and play grepolis...
...Sun Tzu probably had thousands of women raped and children killed, I don't you think you should be reverting back to him and adepting everything he said into your everyday life.

Curiously, Sun Wu's (or Tzu depending on scholar) is used in everyday life. From marketeers to insiders, to basic 'games' and modern military units. (It is required reading in the U.S. General Staff College, and officers must post reports on the book to superiors. This is especially true of the Marine Corp. Dozens of armies all over the world use it as base-text.)

Calling Sun Tzu a 'noob'... would get you laughed out of any army staff on the face of this planet.

DeletedUser

Curiously, Sun Wu's (or Tzu depending on scholar) is used in everyday life. From marketeers to insiders, to basic 'games' and modern military units. (It is required reading in the U.S. General Staff College, and officers must post reports on the book to superiors. This is especially true of the Marine Corp. Dozens of armies all over the world use it as base-text.)

Calling Sun Tzu a 'noob'... would get you laughed out of any army staff on the face of this planet.

Daizan was talking about games, which you clearly misunderstood. Stop comparing wars and armies to in-game wars and armies -.-''

DeletedUser8969

i've read Sun Tzu's The Art of War. It is an excellent primer on elemental strategy. People try to transpose it on real life but any such transpositions are artificial at best. i particularly like the section on recommendations for force multipliers.

greatkhan. i believe those passages you quoted are better translated as scouts than as spies.

DeletedUser5061

I am sure Sun Tzu's book is like the bible for the ex-military people some of whom are in project venom but the closest I have come to it is watching Mulan, so if I have offended anyone by calling Sun Tzu a noob sorry about that :D

DeletedUser

Daizan was talking about games, which you clearly misunderstood. Stop comparing wars and armies to in-game wars and armies -.-''

I think you clearly misunderstood.
Every War Game Department of any corporate boardroom uses Sun Tzu. Both in the design of the game, and to promote their companies health and expansion.
Why on earth do you think his writings are quoted everyday, in journals on health, management classes, etc, etc, etc. It's everywhere you look.

Sun Tzu's writings tend to be universal. Calling him a 'noob' in a warGAME, shows not only a lack of basic respect, but from a leader of an alliance in Grepolis...

:eek:

Edit: And thanks Daizan... yeah, apology accepted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Skully was saying this is a war game and how it shouldn't be compared to Sun Tzu. Afterall this only a war game and it is not RL so please stop talking about Sun Tzu and get back on topic as this has nothing to do with this thread.

DeletedUser

...Again it's just my opinion but I feel with the caliber of players Nemesis have they don't need to be using spies...

I agree. We didn't need a spy to know a CS was on the way and we didn't need a spy to decide that sniping was the best option. It's obvious. So...since we do have high caliber players that know sniping is the best option we weren't going to just dash our support off straight away anyway...as any decent player knows that putting your support in front of clearing runs is daft at best...wasteful at worst.

So...we didn't actually need a spy to foil that attempt. Yay for us!

next?