Why do we all hate Noob's?

• Thread starter DeletedUser27700
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Nobody should hate noobs. Its not there fault that there inexperenced, everyone was at one stage. Me as a leader I like to have a mix of noobs and experenced players. It can get a bit anoying when you have to repeat the basics again, and again to people, but if you did'nt then that player would stay a noob, until he /she got advice from somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11965

Nobody should hate noobs. Its not there fault that there inexperenced, everyone was at one stage. Me as a leader I like to have a mix of noobs and experenced players. It can get a bit anoying when you have to repeat the basics again, and again to people, but if you did'nt then that player would stay a noob, until he /she got advice from somewhere else.

I came and play like a boss first day; I attack someone with 300 swords and got 12 BP ^.^

DeletedUser

I came and play like a boss first day; I attack someone with 300 swords and got 12 BP ^.^
haha, when i first started i used to think there was no advantage for attack or defense. eg attack with 100 swords kill 100 swords haha
yes i was the games biggest NOOB.
and proud of it lol

DeletedUser

I absolutely hate noobs in any game. That said, I agree with Lady Arachne and Horus above. There is a big difference between newbs and noobs. New players are ones who are still learning the game. Noobs are ones who refuse to. "Why shouldn't I build all my resource fields and the Senate to their maximum level before I start working on City walls and soldiers - I'll play the way I want to!" Followed by "why are you attacking me, what did I ever do to you?" Err, got to change that. I don't hate them, I love them. Find us more noobs!

DeletedUser

Are you sure Wandle was a noob? Pretty sure he was a Pro Venom/OoC player.
the name sounds familiar, i'm pretty sure wandle was PV (although, that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't a noob :p)

DeletedUser

the name sounds familiar, i'm pretty sure wandle was PV (although, that doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't a noob :p)

he will hate me for calling him a noob ;) Nah, he was not that bad, lol, actually, he was pretty good (which was why he was recruited) but regardless, its our running joke with him :)

But my point still stands, he, and I, and you all learnt at some point. Its a matter of finding the good gems amongst the worst players. If no-one had taken the time to teach us something, at some point, most of us would not be here today.

DeletedUser15240

If you mean new players, they are not hated, just picked on for being easy targets.

As for alliances rejecting news players to join their alliance, these will never be long lasting strong alliances. They will most likely collapse after a month or two, because they are so unwilling to recruit any players that as their member base slowly quits they will have nothing to back up on at all. If you look at the current top alliances of grepolis, probably all of them will, if they were there at the start, recruited new players into their alliance, or later on recruited them. Project Venom did this in xi, got accused of being an MRA, but it worked. They breeded some awesome players, like milos as pyth said, among many others.

So to answer your question, no people do not hate newbs, they hate noobs :p.

DeletedUser

Well i'm surprised at these findings thus far. Almost every player I've come across in-Game has picked of any new player they find.
Maybe we are just desensitized from being so used to hearing people use the word Noob in a bad manner. I have not played long relative to most people here, but i enjoy passing on what i have figured out myself and learned from others.
I am glad i'm not alone.

There is a distinction between 'picking off new players' (farming and conquering them) and loathing their very existence. The former doesn't necessarily require hate, the latter doesn't necessarily require knowledge of gameplay or experience.

DeletedUser

As said before, newbs are attacked because they are easy targets but that's a way to motivate them, after getting conquered some throw in the towel and give up on the game. Those are the noobs, but the good players are the ones that come back after being conquered looking for revenge and finding a way to improve. Most people get conquered on their first world because so many large alliances will take an easy city over a potentially great member but after being conquered several times you finally start to learn the game you will get into a good alliance with people that can teach you the game.

DeletedUser

I absolutely hate noobs in any game. That said, I agree with Lady Arachne and Horus above. There is a big difference between newbs and noobs. New players are ones who are still learning the game. Noobs are ones who refuse to. "Why shouldn't I build all my resource fields and the Senate to their maximum level before I start working on City walls and soldiers - I'll play the way I want to!" Followed by "why are you attacking me, what did I ever do to you?" Err, got to change that. I don't hate them, I love them. Find us more noobs!
I agree with you on the difference between the newb and noob.
Recently i witnessed a LS nuke from a player who is at the top 50 of the world am playing.
He is supposed to be good yeah?NOT!lol!
He attacked with 166 LS using the spell "Myrmidon Attack" with it.
Gold user noob?YES!!!
Thats why we love noobs,but respect newbs! :pro:

DeletedUser27700

Maybe hate was a bad word to choose.

It is nice to see that there are teachers out there willing to share knowledge of this game. I started Grepolis in Ithaca on an island of people who all quit playing within the month. I had no on to teach me anything so i learned for myself and that stunted my growth.
If there was one person in the area at the time to show me and my allies some things maybe i would be bigger now and my friends woudn't have quit.

So keep teaching and learning everyone :)

DeletedUser

Below is what i believe to be a complete list of all the players who have conquered cities under the banner of Project Venom. These are the people who made Project Venom what it was and what it is. Some contributions were larger than others but not even the smallest should be ignored..

Wandle

(P.S there's a few players missing, I'm guessing he's one of the smaller contributions :p.)

DeletedUser

P.S there's a few players missing
who's missing? soc took all the names directly from the (comprehensive) conquests tab, so i'd be pretty surprised if somebody who conquered a city for PV wasn't on the list :(

DeletedUser

Maybe hate was a bad word to choose.

It is nice to see that there are teachers out there willing to share knowledge of this game. I started Grepolis in Ithaca on an island of people who all quit playing within the month. I had no on to teach me anything so i learned for myself and that stunted my growth.
If there was one person in the area at the time to show me and my allies some things maybe i would be bigger now and my friends woudn't have quit.

So keep teaching and learning everyone :)

Training is the paramount duty of all officers, except when actively engaged in combat. If your recruits don't know it's the pointy end of the stick that goes in your opponent when combat hits, you've failed in your duty.

DeletedUser

While training is important, the purpose of this game isn't to be everyone's protege and team mate... which is why some people learn the hard way. Leaving this game because you were put in a 'sink or swim' situation is a pretty redundant decision to make, especially since most strategy games, browser or not, have this as part of gameplay. Without it, this wouldn't even be close to resembling a war game.

Most people like to be the one winning, not the one being rimmed. Learn from your mistakes and don't complain that an easy ride hasn't been handed to you on a silver platter, either find another player to teach you, or actually spend some time reading guides and experimenting in-game. If you play your cards right, you will go far.

DeletedUser29371

we hate noobs because they are noobs... when i started playing grepolis i read 90% of forum guides and 90% of posts on forum that were not older than 72h.

Then i started playing and now i am 2nd Attacker on Olympia (my first world)

So i was a noob and now im very good... those who cannot achieve similar lvls of improvements are noobs/newbs and we destroy them which is correct!

And why because they lack motivation to be good, they dont care, and so noone else shoudl care, no initiative and dedication = noob 99.9999999999999999999999%

DeletedUser

Fist Of The North Star says:
You want to learn to play grepo? you want to stick around and get the last laugh? well learning the hard way is most definitely the best way. So i say pwn as many noobs as you see and want to, if they are destined for awesomeness they will stick around and beast up in skill

I couldn't have said it better myself. If a noob approaches me with respect and an intelligent question, I'll give them the time of day. Unfortunately that's a rare occasion, so let em learn the hard way! There are plenty of online resources if you care about this game. Lord knows we all spend enough time demanding resources, so why not read a wiki or two while you twiddle your thumbs? I see such ignorance and it amazes me that three months into Olympia people are making incredibly stupid mistakes. How can one put so much time into an account and not know the first thing about the battle system? It's really frustrating and makes for a hollow victory when you take out a noob, but hey, they gotta learn and I gotta grow.

That said, I also pick hard targets to ease the burden of my fellow alliance members and spice up the game. Going after the big boys always stirs up a forum!

DeletedUser27700

The Wiki's do not really teach you everything. There is no substitute for a mentor.