Why the silence?

DeletedUser

Things have been quiet on the boards for the past day or two.

My theory - no Devils. Without him, there is no one to create summaries or point out other new developments.

We miss him already.

Please allow me to try and fill the enormous spot left open in his absence. Things in this world remain interesting and should be open for comment.

------------------------------------------

A few developments.

It appears that Yo Serious has destroyed the Empire. It didn't take long. When their leaders disappeared, it was clear they were doomed. One For All was merely the icing on the cake.

There are only a few true big alliances left. Will there be a big war? Or, will the big alliances simply eat the noobs?

News from the MRA's (in my opinion):

Open Source Government split into two. When an alliance will accept anyone, they quickly find that they fill all available slots (250) with members.

Aegis absorbed Aegis II. Didn't take them long to fill those 42 inactive slots that 123Koan emptied from their ranks.

Is there any big news that I am missing?

DeletedUser

I think you just about covered it. With the YS (ofa) vs TE part, it is almost over entirely. We just finished recruiting a few promising players but i'm sure our leaders are working on fresh targets for us, 055 still needs a good clean up, and OfA were helping us to do this.

DeletedUser11191

A few developments.

It appears that Yo Serious has destroyed the Empire. It didn't take long. When their leaders disappeared, it was clear they were doomed. One For All was merely the icing on the cake. Funny it looked more like, One for All let Yo Serious soften them up for nearly a month before getting involved.

There are only a few true big alliances left. Will there be a big war? Or, will the big alliances simply eat the noobs?To be or not to be ... this is your question?
Its depends solely on who Dominates the Oceans.

Open Source Government split into two. When an alliance will accept anyone, they quickly find that they fill all available slots (250) with members.

Aegis absorbed Aegis II. Didn't take them long to fill those 42 inactive slots that 123Koan emptied from their ranks.

hey someone has to goad the community into responding at some point. Might as well be me.

:pro:

DeletedUser11191

I think you just about covered it. With the YS (ofa) vs TE part, it is almost over entirely. We just finished recruiting a few promising players but i'm sure our leaders are working on fresh targets for us, 055 still needs a good clean up, and OfA were helping us to do this.

I know I'll hear about this later but hey for the first 9 months I have stayed clear of the community boards ... its all good clean fun any way right?:D

DeletedUser

My theory - no Devils. Without him, there is no one to create summaries or point out other new developments.

We miss him already.

Please allow me to try and fill the enormous spot left open in his absence. Things in this world remain interesting and should be open for comment.

------------------------------------------

A few developments.

It appears that Yo Serious has destroyed the Empire. It didn't take long. When their leaders disappeared, it was clear they were doomed. One For All was merely the icing on the cake.

There are only a few true big alliances left. Will there be a big war? Or, will the big alliances simply eat the noobs?

Aegis absorbed Aegis II. Didn't take them long to fill those 42 inactive slots that 123Koan emptied from their ranks. We took so many in because we wont throw everyone out in the dirt to fend for themselves but we aren't keeping people who do nothing but plat sim city. but i still don't get why people have a grudge against us, because it seems that way.

answer in bold

DeletedUser

I predict that TR will be the next big alliance to fall.

DeletedUser

A few developments.
I think you got all of your headline news there but what fills the pages is what people want to see or pictures...
Aegis absorbed Aegis II. Didn't take them long to fill those 42 inactive slots that 123Koan emptied from their ranks. We took so many in because we wont throw everyone out in the dirt to fend for themselves but we aren't keeping people who do nothing but plat sim city. but i still don't get why people have a grudge against us, because it seems that way.
Sparkz it is admirable to defend your allaince and it not that we have a grudge it more cause you don't attract much respect... It is interesting to see an allaince to move towards the center then an allaince to race to the rim... which would you respect more... Making sure you know this is a war game...

DeletedUser

We miss him already.

Im still on the forums.. just not playing so I cant really get a good view on things.. I will comment when I feel I can answer :)

DeletedUser

There is a little War or two that have been missed.... But nevermind :p

DeletedUser

I heard about The Empire splitting.. but not anything else..

Fill me in on the "A Summary" Topic

DeletedUser

The Enlightened have absorbed some of Renegades 2 and Renegades 2 has disbanded.

DeletedUser

The Enlightened have absorbed some of Renegades 2 and Renegades 2 has disbanded.

Knew that already, I made sure that went ahead before leaving :p

Good players, nice to have them in TE

DeletedUser

There is a little War or two that have been missed.... But nevermind :p

Please, let us know what wars I missed. I am primarily in Ocean 74 and though my membership in OFA (not a leader) provides me with some rough ideas of what is happening I do not know about much beyond my horizon.

I hoped to start a new thread to summarize the developments of the past week or two - which seem to have been rather profound.

------------------------------------------------------------

As a non-leader, anything that I say about other alliances is only my opinion and should not be interpreted as anything more.

I am not a hater of OSG or Aegis, but I do not have respect for either. This is simply a question of my experience in the game. Please indulge me while I explain.

When I started, I joined SERBIA simply because they asked me within a day or two of joining. They were useless and I quickly left.

I looked for and joined a small local alliance - IRON FIST. There, I obtained a leadership position (almost all was internal; I did not invovle myself in any diplomacy) and was very happy with my alliance mates - who were very good people.

After a time, as happens with any alliance, IRON FIST sought to grow. As part of this growth, it began a massive recruitment and merger drive. Our membership swelled and we quickly grew in points BUT we lost any drive. Every war or operation would have the same few participants while the vast majority sat on the sidelines.

When some leaders attempted to create rules for maintaining membership, many members complained and threatened that they would leave (I wanted them to leave); some other leaders did not like these requirements. This lead to a split and my, as well as others, leaving to join OFA.

It is no secret that OFA members march at the point of a spear. If we are not productive, we will be eaten by our comrades. I prefer this.

Though it was nice to be a member of an alliance with 'pals', this game is not about making friends - that is what the forums here are for - rather, the games is about conquering. One cannot conquer and remain friends.

I do not understand the playing style that requires one to pledge absolute loyalty (to a point of absurdity) to one's online friends.

As I know from my experience in IRON FIST, most people join alliances for their protection and rely - almost entirely - on their alliance mates to save them. By not demanding anything of these alliance members (or demanding very little), an alliance sets itself up for failure - an attack will pop the alliance like a balloon. Players will flee for their own safety; something that those playing for 'friendship' do not understand and view as improper. Nevertheless, that is how the game is played and that is what happens. Look at what has happened in nearly every major war in Epsilon.

DeletedUser

As a non-leader, anything that I say about other alliances is only my opinion and should not be interpreted as anything more.

I am not a hater of OSG or Aegis, but I do not have respect for either. This is simply a question of my experience in the game. Please indulge me while I explain.

By not demanding anything of these alliance members (or demanding very little), an alliance sets itself up for failure - an attack will pop the alliance like a balloon. Players will flee for their own safety; something that those playing for 'friendship' do not understand and view as improper. Nevertheless, that is how the game is played and that is what happens. Look at what has happened in nearly every major war in Epsilon.

Try attacking OSG or Aegis and see if they "pop". ;)

DeletedUser

I thought about pointing that out -

OFA vs. OSG; or

OFA vs. Aegis

BUT, I see no point in having this hypothetical discussion since it could be interpreted as aggressive against them.

Nevertheless, I think grepostats speaks for the results - look at comparable battle points.

DeletedUser

I think aegis are a bit busy with the corcyran (I dont know how to spell it)
But then aegis and OSG combined wouldnt stand up to OFA for very long. But then neither alliance are overly close to the bulk of OFA. Also from what I heard from the insides of Aegis and OSG is that they had diplomatic ties? I havent checked lately on that but word had it that they did for one reason or another.

DeletedUser

The thing is, when you attacks OSG, you attack all their friends. ;)

But they have a Pact anyway so it doesn't matter.

And Corcyran are getting pounded by Aegis and The Renegades.

DeletedUser

OFA will fall will soon, if i am right. Or later on in about less then 1,2,3,4, or 5 months?

It is ether OFA or ??. You try to find out who is under the '?'s. ;)