will grepolympics ruin this server?

DeletedUser

okay - this is obviously not something the mods can catch if the person makes the account on another computer. but like Eguzon more subtly implied, what other explanation is there for "top" players all finding ghost cities on core islands during bp?

DeletedUser

okay - this is obviously not something the mods can catch if the person makes the account on another computer. but like Eguzon more subtly implied, what other explanation is there for "top" players all finding ghost cities on core islands during bp?

It's IP based, a different computer wouldn't do much but show up as a Multi-Account. You would need a different network all together.

Besides, I wouldn't worry too much about Multi-accounting, they do a great job holding people accountable and keeping tabs on this.

Also as far as the Olympics goes, a little gold could go a long way. Especially at the beginning of the world. If you're able to take advantage of the event, you should. As for hard gold spenders, they are only in this for the short run and the initial milestones, they quickly become uninterested and tend to be withdrawn from team-play, eventually changing alliances several times, causing turmoil everywhere and then finally ghosting.

Spend a little, earn a lot.

Give yeh a hint, I'm top 5 for the Olympics in Sestos, if you use the following ratio 1:3:1 on the hoplite race you will take top place. Early on it is best for you to us everything on strength.

Well good luck!
I'll be checking the Apollonia forum from time to time!
Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have a question regarding the reward bought by laurel, can they be stored for later use like those from island quest?

DeletedUser

It is clearly just a matter of money. "PLAY THE GAME FOR FREE" has become a hoax. Shamefull to have these things organized.
Many players just buy their success, and no need to be a good gamer anymore, all a matter on how much money you put in.

Very disappointed in innogames' initiative for money. Instead of playing, I consider to buy shares.

DeletedUser19042

It is clearly just a matter of money. "PLAY THE GAME FOR FREE" has become a hoax. Shamefull to have these things organized.
Many players just buy their success, and no need to be a good gamer anymore, all a matter on how much money you put in.

Very disappointed in innogames' initiative for money. Instead of playing, I consider to buy shares.

Wait..You hate it that people spend money on innogames..But you also want to invest in innogames (by buying shares)?
Sounds illogical to me?

DeletedUser

Honestly, at its very nature, the MMORTS genre is entirely unfair. Why? Because activity can play such a large role and, just like money, that is a resource - some people have it, some don't. It is the exact same concept. If anything, I would suggest that gold bridges the gap between younger people who often have fewer time-consuming commitments than the average working adult, who may have a little disposable income but not the luxury to play for six hours after school, at the weekend or in those excessively long holiday periods. Remember that most adults don't get the length of a Summer holiday across the whole year.

Of course, there will be exceptions to this, but I would argue that for the most part, gold is not abused. If someone is using a lot of gold, they get called on it and all things considered, the complaints about it are minuscule in comparison to the amount of users to play and post in each world.

On another note, InnoGames is a business and a professional one at that. If there were other ways of funding maintenance and further development of their products that did not impact free players negatively, I think it's pretty obvious that they would have been utilised. That said, gold users are what keep this game alive so that others may have the privilege - it's not a right - to play the game for free.

All of the above views are my own and I do not represent - or necessarily reflect the views of - InnoGames. Yada, yada.

DeletedUser17561

I don't think the money is really the issue - we all work because someone hands us money to do so. Everybody gets that this is a business.

The issue is one of a level playing field - you cannot join a world where everybody has the same capabilities because the gold spend is uncapped and the benefits significant.

I would gladly join a world on a subscription model where everyone was equal. Alternatively, they could correct stats for gold spend although I don't see this as likely.

DeletedUser

Wait..You hate it that people spend money on innogames..But you also want to invest in innogames (by buying shares)?
Sounds illogical to me?

Hmm... What would make players buy shares in innogames? :eek: Eureka! I know! If innogames replace Archery with something a bit more fun like ...say... mod. hurling then we would all pay gold to play grepolympics. You betcha. :D