words of wisdom from the experianced players

DeletedUser5554

so anyone who has played a world or 2 undoubtably has something to say to a new forum goer that might make their experiance a little easier by avoiding the pitfalls you fell into.

my words of wisdom is be active activity = success in this game

DeletedUser

Lol I advise you think things through before going ahead with whatever it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Be aggressive. If you won't attack, go play sim city.

Being respectful in PMs will get you far.

DeletedUser8396

Never, EVER turtle unless it is absolutely necessary and even then, dont do it....unless you have to.

DeletedUser5554

^ i enjoyed that one now they will be confused haha but you may need to explain turtling as they are less experianced :)

DeletedUser

Above all else, have a plan, and stick to it. Many players start this game without a clear strategy in mind, and ultimately end up being farmed or rimmed by a more experienced player. Do not let the first experience be a means to give up, keep at it until you get where you want to be.

DeletedUser3613

Always remember to pack a spare pair of pants !! cant stress this enough people !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5554

horus is right i started my grepolis experiance going 0-2 in conquests personally. haven't been conquered while active since.

DeletedUser

Umm participate in your alliance's Forum, and if they don't participate and you are the only one in your Forum. Run.

Some organized alliance will come and beat you hard with a stick. Get out and find yourself a good proper alliance that communicates.

Varun

Strategos
Give me your city! :D

@Sj: Come on man, not the obvious ones..... :D

@nodcrush: Grow strategically and its okay to get attacked. When I started Grepo as a newb, I got attacked almost every week. Today, my attackers have perished while I remain (They became inactives, of course :) )

DeletedUser

Umm participate in your alliance's Forum, and if they don't participate and you are the only one in your Forum. Run.

Some organized alliance will come and beat you hard with a stick. Get out and find yourself a good proper alliance that communicates.

I cannot stress the latter point enough myself, while grepolis is a war game, it is a social one at that. I'll take an average-skilled player who has the right attitude any day over a highly-skilled, anti-social, lone wolf. The former you can train up, the latter has already made his choice and sometimes they wont budge when you try to approach them.

DeletedUser20429

I cannot stress the latter point enough myself, while grepolis is a war game, it is a social one at that. I'll take an average-skilled player who has the right attitude any day over a highly-skilled, anti-social, lone wolf. The former you can train up, the latter has already made his choice and sometimes they wont budge when you try to approach them.

Exactly. Some alliances will litterally beg to have an experienced player in their alliance. Even if he/she is a lone wolf. But still communication is important and even vital especially when your attacking and defending. In wars its VERY VERY VITAL. or VVV lol

DeletedUser

Lol you guys are just teeming with wisdom, with a dash of humor. Although I don't think Sjs's last one was wisdom lol.

DeletedUser5554

from the guy who makes a living of creating top 12 alliances take it from horus he has the right idea an average or even below average skilled player with a good attitude will always win.

remember the basic rules of grepolis kids.
coordination, determination, persperation, negotiation, and anihalation
coordination with your team will make your prosper, along with determination you will become a force to be reconed with, persperation means you are working hard which will make you prevail, negotiation is vital to building relationships in that world AND possibly other worlds, and all of these togeather will avoid anihalation!!!

DeletedUser

*cough cough*

My alliances would pwn Horus' all day long! :)

DeletedUser

For all who think grepolis is only 100% activity they are wrong. It is 50% activity 50% skills so never be afraid to try new stuff. Who knows maybe you can discover the next big thing.

DeletedUser

Don't listen to sharky and you'll be pretty good. Be aggressive, active, and find a good alliance, this game can be sooo much fun with the right alliance. Timing is key, if you can't time, well umm. That's all I'll say for now.

DeletedUser8790

Quickest way to BP is to build defense sim for a bit, then find the aggressive players in your ocean and smack them in the mouth. The BP will rain down like mana from heaven. works everytime.