words of wisdom from the experianced players

DeletedUser

*cough cough*

My alliances would pwn Horus' all day long! :)

I'd actually like to see that happen... :D

When you're done simming on that morale world you play, come join the core of the next world I'm in.

DeletedUser18825

Set short term goals (like major buildings, amount of troops, and other shizzle). Try to farm all of your island. Get the farming villages as fast as you can...

19528660.jpg

DeletedUser

@nodcrush: Grow strategically and its okay to get attacked. When I started Grepo as a newb, I got attacked almost every week. Today, my attackers have perished while I remain (They became inactives, of course :) )

lol varun,nodcrush isn't asking for teachings for himself :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For all who think grepolis is only 100% activity they are wrong. It is 50% activity 50% skills so never be afraid to try new stuff. Who knows maybe you can discover the next big thing.

Getting to the top 12 requires activity. Staying in the top 12 requires skill and activity. As it is, being a top player is 70% activity and 30% skill. Being an okay player is more 50/50. Honestly now, even the best Grepolis player ever can't do anything if he doesn't log on at least once a day, and won't reach the top easily, if at all, without spending hours on this game per day. Nay, it's not all activity, someone on 24/7 with no skill is worse than someone on 5/7 with plenty of skill. But it's not 50/50 in terms of skill/activity either, it leans heavily in favor of activity, but skill is needed to be the best.

So basically, newbies, be prepared to spend way too much time on this game. And don't listen to sharky. Ever.

DeletedUser5554

another tip i have...if you play a revolt world....start LOTS of revolts for no reason its really fun watching people freak out sometime ^.^

DeletedUser

another tip i have...if you play a revolt world....start LOTS of revolts for no reason its really fun watching people freak out sometime ^.^

To add on this one,send every attack as revolt to keep your enemies on toes and to avoid dodging

DeletedUser5554

i always let them get used to revolts...when i send the cs not nearly as many people respond...if i even send while they are online :)

DeletedUser12667

Never, EVER turtle unless it is absolutely necessary and even then, dont do it....unless you have to.

Well there goes my strategy out the window:(

Give me your city! :D

Ok

Quickest way to BP is to build defense sim for a bit, then find the aggressive players in your ocean and smack them in the mouth. The BP will rain down like mana from heaven. works everytime.

Yup a good strategy if you are the underdog. Gain lots of DBP which opens lots of slots, then capotolize on it:) But the downfall is you have to wait for someone to attack(that is where smacktalk helps lol). Whereas if you are offensive you decide when you attack

Don't be a noob.

That explains why I am loosing. I forgot to play like a pro:(

But honestly, I would say that we need to remember this is just a game, your life doesnt depend on winning here. We need to play the way that makes it fun for the player. One player may like to take cities from enemy alliances, while another may just like to attack for fun. There is alot of smack talk here, but if you enjoy playing just the opposite of what someone thinks you should play, then so be it. Our diferent opinions are what make us unique individual(ex. my favorite color is dark blue, but you like yellow. So who am I to say you are wrong)

DeletedUser

^ my fav color is orange....

RL always comes before the game for me, even if I miss supporting my friends siege, he can live. I was living my life not wasting my time playing the most addicting game ever :p

DeletedUser5554

^ agreed but the most addicting game ever would probably be runescape haha if you don't believe me check out urbandictionary that place is like an AA meeting.

but in all seriousness if you have a chance to go to a party or get conqueror and attacker of the day...or even rim your enemy alliance's leader...take the party cuz at the end of the day nobody cared about the awards besides yourself and if youre lucky a few grepolis friends. and rimming your enemy isn't big either theres always chances to do that. however theres only so many parties, dates, or even days of your life don't blow them off for a computer.

DeletedUser30767

but in all seriousness if you have a chance to go to a party or get conqueror and attacker of the day...or even rim your enemy alliance's leader...take the party cuz at the end of the day nobody cared about the awards besides yourself and if youre lucky a few grepolis friends. and rimming your enemy isn't big either theres always chances to do that. however theres only so many parties, dates, or even days of your life don't blow them off for a computer.

Really nice advice .. and applies for me ... but whos sharky??(everyone is saying dont take advice from him) ????

DeletedUser

be active. everything else you will learn about, specially by your mistakes or advice given by experienced players who are willing to give you some knowledge and hints, will be given to you over time. even the most experienced players are useless if inactive :)

DeletedUser

Rooster Rule #4. - Never Let an LS Nuke Sleep.

Whenever a player attacks you with with a large number of offensive Light ships... what experienced players (and me) call an "LS Nuke"... target the city that Nuke came from. Especially if the majority of the enemy LS survived the attack on your city.

Target it NOW. Target it often. tell your teammates to target it too. Never let an LS Nuke sleep.

If you can, try to snipe the LS nuke on its return to port. A snipe means you hit the target just as or just after they land. It doesn't have to be a large attack, even a couple dozen of your own Ls will decimate an enemy LS nuke and pile on the sweet sweet sweet offensive BP (battle points).

Do THAT successfully a couple times, and I guarantee your enemy will go find someone else to attack.

DeletedUser8396

Rooster Rule #4. - Never Let an LS Nuke Sleep.

Whenever a player attacks you with with a large number of offensive Light ships... what experienced players (and me) call an "LS Nuke"... target the city that Nuke came from. Especially if the majority of the enemy LS survived the attack on your city.

Target it NOW. Target it often. tell your teammates to target it too. Never let an LS Nuke sleep.

If you can, try to snipe the LS nuke on its return to port. A snipe means you hit the target just as or just after they land. It doesn't have to be a large attack, even a couple dozen of your own Ls will decimate an enemy LS nuke and pile on the sweet sweet sweet offensive BP (battle points).

Do THAT successfully a couple times, and I guarantee your enemy will go find someone else to attack.

Probably some of the best advice right there.