World Epsilon - what do you want to see?

What setting do you want for Epsilon?

• Speed 2

Votes: 110 61.8%
  • Night Bonus

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Alliance cap

Votes: 52 29.2%
  • Ten days beginner protection

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As I can see, 3x speed is much wanted among us... And we are right... Grepolis is so unbalanced that only players that actually spend like 30$ or more per month will be playing on these servers for more than 3 or months after they open. Sure there will be more players playing but the ones paying will overrun all the non premium players. I believe it is not fair that when you have the money, you can build more in less time, gain extra resources, extra favor and both your land, ocean and myth creatures can fight 20% stronger... I wonder how many nerds will be paying tons of money to play this game like you guys want us to play it. Sure they'll be a lot... But this game will never be as successful as tribal wars because premium here makes the game go highly unbalanced. I know that complaining about premium features isn't going to make them change or be removed but I am sure that, unless the developers only want the money, these premium features will eventually be changed once everyone starts complaining about them.

Now, about the speed 3 again... It would be awesome but the premium user will still have a huge advantage on non premium even with speed 3. Other thing is that Delta was launched like 1 week ago... Opening a speed 2 world will make Delta go undead. Opening a speed 3 world will mos definitely kill it and take half of the other worlds with it. So I'm not quite sure about a speed 3 world right now. But people posting that they expect a speed 3 world should be a conscience call to the developers. You guys are winning easy money because this game is new and addictive but this will most likely change. Now the problem is that now there are being opened several country worlds like in TW so... Meh... You will still gain loads of money and leave the game unbalanced like it is right now. Which is sad because this game had the potential to beat TW. But with this premium features, it will never beat TW.

DeletedUser

Higher speed, but if you really want higher speed than x2, why not already make a freakin' speed world. :p

One thing that I WANT, is a change in alliance member list. Although, it cannot be made yet, it should be considered.

If you've played Tribal Wars before and you've been a duke or a baron, you should remember than there you could actually see members' activeness. Red, Yellow and Green circle. Yellow was some 3 days inactive and Red was 7 days. If the staff could make such modifications, it would make much better.
If that's not possible, alliance member cap would be great. Maximum 100 members.

So yeah, these are the adjustments I would like to see:

World Speed: x2.5 - x4
Alliance Member Cap: 50-100
"Signs" of Activity/Inactivity

One more thing:
SITTING ACCOUNT

I remember that when I first registered, I was mad about no ability to place a sitter on my account. And the vacation mode was quite confusing and badly built.

That are my opinions!

Drym Shyuan

PS! And as Ancestral pointed out, please reduce the effect of premium things...!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5

We are only asking for suggestions to the new world. Settings, not changes to the actual game, there is a place for that.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure, but i remember a forum mod saying early on that account sitting will never be implemented in grepolis.

Could be false memory though.

DeletedUser

I, like many others, just can't do a speed 1 world. I started on Alpha and it was mind-numbingly slow to build, to the point where I honestly didn't think the time invested gave me any real sense of acomplishment.

Gamma, in my mind, is the right speed for a basic server. Players individually (except for one or two completely mental people) don't grow massively fast, yet fast enough to make conquering a reasonable objective within the first couple of months.

Personally, I would say speed would be a defining factor in people joining a new server. A speed equal to Gamma's though would kill off Delta, and a speed greater than Gamma's would likely kill off every other world (apart from perhaps Gamma). I think releasing a speed2 world so soon was perhaps not the greatest decision but hey, whats done is done.

The one thing I would like to see is a member limit, preferably 50, ideally sub-30, for alliances.

DeletedUser345

I agree with all those who said x3 it is not an option but it would be more a lot more fun. Member cap should be 20-50 and in the rankings there should be average member count ranking to. Night Bonus, no way hugely unfair to those players from certain areas in the world. Longer BP, well apart from the noobs who would want that impanted! :p

As for the unbalanced premium it needs to be sorted out.

DeletedUser

Honestly, i cannot stand the x1 speed.. its way to slow! x2 gamma is much better!

The preferable outcome for me is a x4 world with a 20 member alliance cap. Now that would be awesome!

However, I highly doubt that that would happen so early into Grepolis so I will just be happy with any speed over 2. The alliance cap does'nt really bother me as it just means that I will join an alliance that is not an MRA and can then freely attack all MRA alliances :)

DeletedUser

Fwiw

I think they are all good things to change.

I can tell you this, the two biggest drawbacks playing this and TW are the speed of the game and the sizes of the alliances.

I voted for alliance cap, but it was not easy.

Alliances get too big too fast and we end up with a very small handful of practically invincible alliances we have to deal with. They quickly get big and set a floor on points to join which means within a week or two the biggest alliances are essentially set and nearly impossible to compete with simply due to size, not skill or strategy.

I'd like to see smaller alliances so we have to THINK.

DeletedUser

Fail. Increase unit speed, and make building speed faster, not just - more servers = more gold.

DeletedUser

for this world I would say speed 2x or even 3x and alliance cap, without changing anything to beginner protection. If someone new would get into the game, pick the newest world (I would) and is wiped out within two days, they would leave. Alliance cap because reasons mentioned before by others (f.i. rankings), and the argument that increasing speed here would kill world delta is not important IMO, as it is a clear signal of "we do not need yet another speed 1 world'.

I would like to point out that for quite a few (future) players, me being one of them, speed 1x is the only real way to be able to keep up with the others (except for those using premium, which has such ridiculous benefits that we might eventually all leave>there, I said it). Im just to busy with everyday live to be able to keep up with higher speeds. So I say, for those who are dedicated to the game, speed 2 or 3, but keep the speed 1 worlds too, its another group of people who would bail out if the speed would go way up. and to round of;

epsilon:
speed 2 (or 3 if thats possible), & alliance cap.

DeletedUser3303

Settings

Keeping thing short,
I would like the settings to have no night bonus( to keep thing fair)
A alliance limit of 40 or 60 ( so alliances dont mass recruit evryong which ruins the game)
I would like to see things move along a little quicker so a higher speed will be good.,
Also account sitting setting will be good, so player that either go on holiday or have computer troubles, dont ruin there game.

DeletedUser

Agreed, world gamma is really better than others because of build speed, about unit speed, I'm not sure, it'll make the world smaller :)

hmm.. 10 days protection with high speed training means first attack with quarter full nuke?
It's an international server, then night mode may be unfair...

DeletedUser

I don't see how alliances with huge numbers of members will/can ruin the game... All the MRA's in Alpha have pretty much been splattered all over the place... And an alliance like TW-S with many members would likely just create wings or something.

DeletedUser

Echoing many others' comments I'd say speed 2 minimum and 3 or 4 would be good.

Alliance cap would be good too. As someone else said the MRA's don't really succeed but they distort the rankings.

But I think the real pain of MRAs is that the new player is seduced by them and as a result legitimate(i.e small!) alliances are ignored. So a cap would encourage alliances to be focussed and hence local.

I know this is a poll and we are all digressing into suggestions, but "hey, why not?"...

I'd like to see some slowing of the build time increase for buildings from one level to the next - they hit the 4 or 5 hours level much too early. Also some tuning of the progression of speed for senate, barracks, harbor and especially temple. I level up these buildings because they are pre-requisites for something else, not because they get better at each level. Upgrading the senate a few levels to get a build time reduction so small that you don't notice it is crazy - it should be something like adding a level or 2 to the senate makes a building level build time take the time of the step below - in other words my farm level 20 building time is the same as its level 19 time if I upgrade the senate in between.

favor steps for each temple level are too small to make it worth upgrading I think they should be at least double what they are.

DeletedUser

Double speed and no Begginers Protection would make the world good for war-lords unlike the other worlds.

DeletedUser

I voted for the alliance cap so we could really see just how good an alliance really is. And I hate to say it but you guys are not thinking quite right if you think it kills mass recruiters and giant alliances. Ever hear of a family tribe on tribal wars. Like me so it to you this way. Take UAR, an alliance cap would have no effect on us other than making UAR1, UAR2, UAR3, UAR4... and if they put in the alliance cap they might also put in the shared forum. You would see giant families instead of giant alliances, but a family fights as one, so their really is not much difference.

DeletedUser

How about fixing the current worlds before opening new ones? *grunt grunt*

Status
Not open for further replies.