World wonders

DeletedUser

So the world wonders race has kicked off. As expected everyone is taking part even those who claimed they'd never do it because they were warriors not simmers (*coughs*).

My amusement stems from the fact that OTC (the few, the proud, the brave, the warriors) are attempting 2. Despite all assertions Harbs about not being interested they have 4 on the go.

DoA are in the race with 4 on the go and naturally HUNs are giving it a go with 3 which means I am watching with great interest given the diplomacy flying around delta currently.

With a few other alliances aiming for one or two things will be interesting for a long time to come.

DeletedUser15049

So the world wonders race has kicked off. As expected everyone is taking part even those who claimed they'd never do it because they were warriors not simmers (*coughs*).

My amusement stems from the fact that OTC (the few, the proud, the brave, the warriors) are attempting 2. Despite all assertions Harbs about not being interested they have 4 on the go.

DoA are in the race with 4 on the go and naturally HUNs are giving it a go with 3 which means I am watching with great interest given the diplomacy flying around delta currently.

With a few other alliances aiming for one or two things will be interesting for a long time to come.

What alliance said they would not build any wonders? Not my alliance. We did say you simmer types who developed a grand strategy of getting every alliance under the sun to join your 'family' (a family where they demand you bow down before DoA) can go get excited about their wonders and we will focus on our warring. Building a wonder or 4 doesn't change that.

Yes we are the few, the brave, the warriors. Thanks for the recognition. After all you have managed to recruit or merge or subject over 600 players under the Ares banner. You have the Huns leader urging players to join DoA and kicking out all opposition including someone he had made the joint leader. You have enslaved EotD. You have CE. You have the Ares Onions. You have IoA. You have IWA. In fact there must be nigh on the whole server under your banner...

But never us. NEVER.

DeletedUser

*Yawn* It's like listening to a recording on permanent loop. There are plenty of threads you can moan about how our diplomacy is superior than yours.

DeletedUser15049

I'm sorry but weren't you the one who raised this thread?

All I did was address your own words.

Again...thanks for the recognition.

:)

DeletedUser

It is interesting to me, badnight, that you refrained from mentioning asylum, even though we have consistently been in the top three as far as wonders go. I am curious.

DeletedUser5270

It is interesting to me, badnight, that you refrained from mentioning asylum, even though we have consistently been in the top three as far as wonders go. I am curious.

I am sure no slight was meant. Asylum are performing admirably in the world wonder stakes.

The question for all alliances will become, can you defend your wonders and that is when things will get interesting. I can see certain players being massively targeted. Especially those presumed to be weak links or those thought to have not logged in for a couple of days.

Of course the interesting thing isn't who can complete a wonder first, but who can successfully defend 3 completed wonders long enough to complete a 4th wonder and that will prove a challenge.

DeletedUser

I was curious, not because I felt slighted by being left out, but because I was genuinely interested in hearing if there were specific reasons that asylum would not be in the running, or not worth mentioning.
As a small alliance I myself wonder if we can continue to compete as the resource demands increase. But as I see it, even if asylum ends up only winning one wonder, we may have something that can keep the game exciting, as (like you said imperica) others will attempt to take that which we have built.

DeletedUser18613

we may not of had any interest in these wonders, but yet they are here....... so we must adapt! even if the adapting is more about stopping others from getting the wonders :p

DeletedUser

I was trying to conceal it, but I am tired of his jabbering. And to be honest, in the grand scheme of things we know that Asylum is as much of a factor as anyone in the areas that matter, but it would be hard for you to win by wonders. I for one dont think you should be able to win this game after so long just by building some outdated buildings...
But all in all you know I have a great respect for your alliance. I only hope that the wonders arent completed as fast as it appears they will be. I still have a thing or two to accomplish.

DeletedUser3288

as I said, phil, asylums goal is not to build them all, but simply to build enough to annoy the rest of you. don't be at all surprised if asylum decides who wins in delta.
and also if imperica is not heterosexual, (which I doubt, but for the sake of argument) good for him. It is hardly something worth mentioning. what is your point?

how would you do that?

You build say pyramid to max ye, and both harbs and DOA for example have 3.

Both DOA and Harbs can build theirs to 1 level below max, but you cant transfer your wonder to another alliances, if any1 from your alliances on that island leaves, yours goes down a level, and doa and harbs will have to race to finish.

All you can do is hold the wonder, you cant transfer it to anyone else. So in no way can your alliance shacked up in 1 ocean decide who wins delta.

DeletedUser

He is definitely not one of the people I love hearing from here. I suppose there should be a section of the forums for posting by only the pertinent people.

DeletedUser

as I said, phil, asylums goal is not to build them all, but simply to build enough to annoy the rest of you. don't be at all surprised if asylum decides who wins in delta.
and also if imperica is not heterosexual, (which I doubt, but for the sake of argument) good for him. It is hardly something worth mentioning. what is your point?

Wonders can be completed. This means that is Alliances X, Y, and Z are building Wonder A, only one of those alliances can complete Wonder A. The remaining alliances can build theirs up to Level 9, but no further.

Very good point Atva, the challange remains for all alliances to attempt to build thus preventing ONE alliance gaining all 4 or all 7.

Those that felt the game was over could not have been further from the truth, as once the stand off comes, that will come, Wonder Islands are going to be the target of allainces :)

Delta is FAR from dead.

DeletedUser

Hmmmm....optimism.... I suppose your thesis has the potential of realization, and since Harbs are working towards it, I will get behind you and hope you are right. Lock up the wonders!!!!! Bring back the war

DeletedUser5270

Hmmmm....optimism.... I suppose your thesis has the potential of realization, and since Harbs are working towards it, I will get behind you and hope you are right. Lock up the wonders!!!!! Bring back the war

You can go to war whenever you want. Just attack someone. If you are not attacking people then it is your own choice. We aren't forcing you to build wonders.

DeletedUser18613

You can go to war whenever you want. Just attack someone. If you are not attacking people then it is your own choice. We aren't forcing you to build wonders.

thank you for pointing this out! now i will be able to attack again. i actually thought i wasnt allowed now there are wonders, didnt know what i was going to do with all my attack troops for a minute then

DeletedUser3288

I say on a pyramid once.... Wasn't that comfortable, bit pointy... got a bit violated...

True story.

DeletedUser18613

I say on a pyramid once.... Wasn't that comfortable, bit pointy... got a bit violated...

True story.

did the same thing....... wasnt that bad to tell you the truth. was made of big square blocks so kinda like just sitting on a square block

DeletedUser

@ Atva. When I first started the thread I think I counted Asylum as one of the other players as at the time your guys had 2 wonders on the go and both were at lvl 1 (or something like that). My view, right or wrong, is that unless the big alliances go head to head (directly or by proxies) then the smaller alliances would struggle to match the resource production of the top 4.