World wonders

DeletedUser

Tell me, how does building the wonders mean you have won?

Does the screen change and a message pop up saying "The End, DOA are the Winners"

No it doesnt..... The server carries on, and as hero worlds are still in beta, getting 4 wonders wont even open up a new world.

All that building wonders means is.... You get the bonus, that is it, nothing more, nothing less.

Actually yes it does mean the tribe that builds 4 wonders is the 'winner' of the world.

From the Wiki:
Victory Conditions

When one alliance completely builds up and controls 4 of the 7 World Wonders then they will have 'won' that world. The alliance that does so will recieve the Master of X award, and also be given a 10% increase in their favour cap on Hero Worlds. An alliance can then go on to complete the remaining Wonders to achieve the Ruler of X award.
So yes I would expect some sort of message to that effect to all on the world.

Plus I'm pretty sure it was said at some point that a world would end at some point after an alliance 'won'. I think 6 months was mooted, but I can't find any refrance to that now, so it may have changed.

So yes, building 4 wonders is now the way to 'officially' win a world. If you guys want to claim that whoever builds 4 wonders didn't really 'win', because they don't meet your personal opinion of what the 'Victory Conditions' are, then that will just be your personal opinion, nothing else.

Oliana

DeletedUser

ok then, how about I make absolutely sure that no alliance can take 4 wonders....will than make my opinion valid????????

DeletedUser3288

Actually yes it does mean the tribe that builds 4 wonders is the 'winner' of the world.

From the Wiki:

So yes I would expect some sort of message to that effect to all on the world.

Plus I'm pretty sure it was said at some point that a world would end at some point after an alliance 'won'. I think 6 months was mooted, but I can't find any refrance to that now, so it may have changed.

So yes, building 4 wonders is now the way to 'officially' win a world. If you guys want to claim that whoever builds 4 wonders didn't really 'win', because they don't meet your personal opinion of what the 'Victory Conditions' are, then that will just be your personal opinion, nothing else.

Oliana

Isnt that written by a forum mod? Not a developer?

DeletedUser

Well yes I guess it's actully writen by the forum people, but surely the developers check the Wiki to make sure it's correct.

And anyway, are you claiming you know what the developers are thinking better than the forum mods do?

Oliana

DeletedUser

Well yes I guess it's actully writen by the forum people, but surely the developers check the Wiki to make sure it's correct.

And anyway, are you claiming you know what the developers are thinking better than the forum mods do?

Oliana

Yes he is. That sounds like exactly what he is claiming and seems like something he would be foolish enough to claim.

DeletedUser15049

The 4 wonders will have to be fought for. That is how it is looking. So whoever has the 3 becomes the focus of war. Unless you don't want to win. So we may see those eotd left become focus further down the line and by their own 'family'.

In terms of wikis. The same wiki claimed ABC and none of it happened. We were told one thing then the other by the developers. They are winging much of it.

I happen to believe the world will still be decided by war. No alliance is going to win the race for 4 wonders straight away. DoA looked likely to do it until we took out one. As long as the others do their thing it should lead to more war in order for a winner to be declared.

In short. If everyone used the head this world has a lot of play in it yet. Alliances who face demands to send resources to others should understand they have leverage. Those who threaten them would be having to use resources to war with them. That means they have less resources to send. Which slows them down. Ares won't want that. So if you get the mails tell them you won't send resources and say you'd rather fight. They won't fight. Not in their interest.

DeletedUser15049

Oli

I wish I shared your enthusiasm for the wonders. I personally have had enough of the whole silly show re wonders although it was a buzz to plan that op to take out DoA. That aside, I think it just rewards people who do not show face in the fight. I think dani is likely to be same minded as myself and a lot of frustration is at play. Also what a game declares as winners is not how players may view it. Especially players who have fought hard and kicked alliances out of oceans or drove into oceans. You have to give those guys respect. Of course this move looks like it will reward the noobs. However give it time. A lot is still to be played for.

Nick

You may hate dani but we all know why. He was one of the guys that reduced your over rated pile of pap alliance to dust. Along with the OTC who did the same elsewhere and ensured your original plan failed. I don't care for your pretence here. I know you as a skunk. So take the morality trip elsewhere.

I'd rather have dani beside me in a battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3288

Oli

I wish I shared your enthusiasm for the wonders. I personally have had enough of the whole silly show re wonders although it was a buzz to plan that op to take out DoA. That aside, I think it just rewards people who do not show face in the fight. I think dani is likely to be same minded as myself and a lot of frustration is at play. Also what a game declares as winners is not how players may view it. Especially players who have fought hard and kicked alliances out of oceans or drove into oceans. You have to give those guys respect. Of course this move looks like it will reward the noobs. However give it time. A lot is still to be played for.

Nick

You may hate dani but we all know why. He was one of the guys that reduced your over rated pile of pap alliance to dust. Along with the OTC who did the same elsewhere and ensured your original plan failed. I don't care for your pretence here. I know you as a skunk. So take the morality trip elsewhere.

I'd rather have dani beside me in a battle.

every1 wants me in battle beside them? U know why? Because i hang out with my wang out, and i rock out with my **** out.

That and i am entertaining on skype.

DeletedUser15049

I was curious, not because I felt slighted by being left out, but because I was genuinely interested in hearing if there were specific reasons that asylum would not be in the running, or not worth mentioning.
As a small alliance I myself wonder if we can continue to compete as the resource demands increase. But as I see it, even if asylum ends up only winning one wonder, we may have something that can keep the game exciting, as (like you said imperica) others will attempt to take that which we have built.

Last I knew the discussion was over whether to hit you guys Atva. Or demand resources be sent to theirs.

But you know the Delta rumour mill...

We are out to break wonders. Should make the game more fun ;)

DeletedUser

I'm not particularly enthusiastic about the wonders, I just don't share your view that the players decide how/who wins. You win a game by achieving whatever the game rules set out the VC's are, and that at the moment from the evidence we have is to build 4 wonders.

And yes before you say anything, I agree totally that it should have been set out like that from the beginning and not changed half way through. And things should have been made a lot clearer when the rules were changed. But as has been seen from the reaction to changing the 1.26 worlds to 2.0, nothing we do/say is going to make any difference.

So we either have to live with it or quit, and if we stick with it there's really no point in carrying on as if nothing has changed, and continuing to play by the old rules. We must adapt to the new rules as best we can.

Oliana

DeletedUser15049

I agree Oli. We have to deal with it as it is. Which is why we took out one wonder. If others do the same and step up to the plate we can make this game back to what it is. A war game.

The wonders race is not going to decide the game I feel. Not in the mad chase everyone is on. It will be who breaks the wonders and manages to build their four. That is the key to victory.

DeletedUser

Really so you've changed you mind and decided wonders are important after all? I admire your consistent inconsistency. Oh and nice diplomacy fishing.

DeletedUser15049

Really so you've changed you mind and decided wonders are important after all? I admire your consistent inconsistency. Oh and nice diplomacy fishing.

I have never said they were not important BN. I have said they are a horrid way to end the server as you guys were busily recruiting half the server to run to 4 wonders and then claim victory.If you are going to address my views at least do so correctly. I think if you look back you will see I am quite consistent in holding such a view.

In terms of 'diplomacy fishing'. Was this me instructing a player to make contact to point to the claims of Fizpan38 that the play was to manipulate merry and dysen into thinking they were calling the shots whilst you guys used them to beat back the Harbs and set the play for the end of Eotd with it? This was of course to involve the tossing to the wolves of the Crusaders once we had demerged which is what drove the 34 crew to walk out.

I think that should be known. It may not be the case, it may indeed be Fiz being naive, but it was certainly put to me that was the case. I should know BN. I was leading up the north for the Huns at the time and was on the Council.

Have a good week ahead.

DeletedUser

While most in the know would certainly see that as the most likely scenario, (and I do not question your word) you could have video along with a word for word transcript notarized by God himself and they would still deny it, and the followers would buy right into it. DoA is the new sparkyste....hahahaha

DeletedUser15049

Suppose it will be excuses again for this one.

As for big ego queens and claims to creating havoc all over Delta...yeah...here's a shoelace...come back when you can tie them.

DeletedUser

. I was leading up the north for the Huns at the time and was on the Council.

In your dreams maybe, being one of those in the North i know for FACT you had nothing to do with any thing we did up there.

DeletedUser15049

You are a minion ghostie - not part of the play. now run along and play spy a city.

DeletedUser

"Cop out"

Now tell the truth to the nice people here, you know you NEVER had control of the Northen TBHC dont you.

You may have had ur sheep that are in your flock now, but you never had the rest of us.

DeletedUser15049

"Cop out"

Now tell the truth to the nice people here, you know you NEVER had control of the Northen TBHC dont you.

You may have had ur sheep that are in your flock now, but you never had the rest of us.

You ain't a Hun. You are a SatRat. The type that runs out of oceans and plays support Serf to real Huns. If you doubt me, ask a real Hun. They will tell you the difference between the pseudos who yap on forums and cannot take a city even when the odds are 300 to 1 in favour ... and the real Huns who are like the 34 crew. Rip you a fresh one for the fun of it. My kind of guys.

I was on the Council. I was the legitimate Northern Commander. I rejected the initial talk of a power share with fizpan38. You weren't even given the right to edit your postings.

You are right though, you guys did operate as a group within and still do but now in Ares where you deny running failed operations and pull the wool over the members eyes.

Thanks for confirming that to all who can read.

Not the brightest spook are you?