Your Olous Story

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

So I keep a historical thread. But i'm interested here. What's your story on Olous? How did you end up where you are? Were you always there?

DeletedUser54494

January spawned on core 55 applied to Stay family got rejected for "slow growth" then somehow found my way on Winners. I had the all the time in the world playing since january to early june but now on VM I was sitting on 300k bp and 5-6 slots since killz took some of mu cities. I was gonna quit but I'd miss my friends on winners lol.

World is pretty boring now but would be a tight race for WW would be interesting one :) Goodluck everyone.

DeletedUser54494

Also had to mention High on communism. I had fun fighting him altho he stole favor from me almost every morning but I killed his harpies more or less 400-500. Also of he is reading this HOC you often said why I was awake at weird times. Guess what you were attacking me at 8am my time haha. I slept early to wake up so that I can trap you.

To summarize my grepo experience.

-Winners and fighting HoC was fun.

DeletedUser54495

Joined, left, joined, left, joined

First at O44 relocated to goats then moved to flappy harpy once goats disbanded and then euphoria

Just interested for wonders. How soon does everyone think it will be? I feel it's gonna be very soon, the world has passed the first 6 months so the start of august the threshold will go down to 337 million. World is at 332 million. So I definitely think at latest the start of next month the era will be initiated, but that is just me

DeletedUser54494

Are you staying for wonders?
Yes. I will it should be fun win or lose. When the best players of your alliance upon them knowing of you quitting would tell you "I hate quitters and we will rim you at en100" they scared me. Hahaha how about you?

DeletedUser54495

Yes. I will it should be fun win or lose. When the best players of your alliance upon them knowing of you quitting would tell you "I hate quitters and we will rim you at en100" they scared me. Hahaha how about you?

Staying... has been a long ride. Kind of seems as if the world is dividing into two main portions and one smaller portion for wonders. It should be interesting!

Call me crazy, but wonders are starting at the latest the first couple days of august, No? The world has been growing at 1.6 mil a day, we are at 332 mil and the threshold is 350 mil. On top of that, at the start of august (7 months since olous release) the threshold will go down by 13 mil to 337 mil so it is basically guaranteed.
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

DeletedUser54494

I hope its not too soon I still need to up my stuff for ww.

DeletedUser43485

Been playing for a few years with some more prominent players, and gave Grepo a well deserved break for about a year. Came around supposedly incognito, without bringing anyone, without knowing anyone, was just gonna play dead and kill everyone around. Funny enough I did that and broke some groups doing it, but eventually the good people in those groups (who've been trying to grab my cities without success) wanted to rally behind someone who knew what they were doing. Not to say that was me, but just seemed that way back then. First it was me myself and I for a while, then Ian joined, then a few others, and then more along the way, that's how Simmerville took shape. Was supposed to stay a slim and fit group, and we stayed that way for the most part of the server. Great group right now, playing for the fun of it. Sadly became more of a typist and less of a fighter the more the alliance grew and the more leadership was actually needed. Still fun tho, gladly do it so the folks can have their fun playing.

DeletedUser54871

I was invited in Winners by friends from another world, started from day1(actually I proposed the name winners, which I'm proud that we will proof it was right to be chosen) Found some new friends here, kicked a lot stupid noobs(yeah Roni the Ghost, you are one of them) ,had a lot sleepless nights, but at this point I'm satisfied, waiting to take the crown(I'm optimistic)..... And finally Decipher, if you quit I will kick your a..

DeletedUser54494

I was invited in Winners by friends from another world, started from day1(actually I proposed the name winners, which I'm proud that we will proof it was right to be chosen) Found some new friends here, kicked a lot stupid noobs(yeah Roni the Ghost, you are one of them) ,had a lot sleepless nights, but at this point I'm satisfied, waiting to take the crown(I'm optimistic)..... And finally Decipher, if you quit I will kick your a..

I am back dude. Lol haha

Give me cities.

partizanpfc

Chiliarch

You da BOSS priest hahaha

I salute you lmao

DeletedUser54792

A handful of friends and myself were in another browser game. It was very boring as we were all in the Top 10 for a very long time and nothing happened. If we tried to fight our opponents would run away, and we were too big for most people to attack. So we basically just sat around being bored all the time. Decided to try Grepolis, Olous had only been active for a few days so we jumped in.

We started an alliance called Myrmidons, we had no idea we had spawned in a terrible location. Grepolis has a steep learning curve, and we were at war with Order 66 fairly early on. Took a city, lost four, 2 players ghosted. Clearly this wasn't going to work. We merged with a couple other small alliances, changed our name to Hetairoi. Continued to fight. I lost my starting city and was left with a newly founded city and a 1100 point city. lol, not a good time, it really sucks being set that far back. But I learned a lot, and thanks to GrepoMeta, SiriusDelta, Charlie902, and CJ53 I was able to build up fairly quickly and take a couple cities, get back on my feet.

Hetairoi started to fall apart. Too many simmers that never helped, far too few fighters trying to defend everyone and themselves. Order 66 fell apart, the guys we had been fighting moved to Stay Cool. When Hetairoi fell apart half went to Stay Cool and the other half went to Spirit of Game Winners (Winners). We wanted to fight Stay Cool but did not want to join Winners (a lot of the simmers that never helped moved over there). We were invited to 13th Lochoi and told that they would be merging with Oceans Veterans and fighting Stay Cool, they seemed nice and had more experience than us, so we joined. Things went exactly the opposite of what we had expected. It became very clear that 13th Lochoi was either going to join Stay Cool or ghost, so those of us wanting to change things took over. Ended up fighting OV and SC at the same time, that didn't work, lots of people went into VM or ghosted. Fought for a while, but with only a handful of guys we never really had enough firepower to do much.

We tried to rally all the remaining small alliances in Ocean 46. Formed a new alliance called Legio XIII Gemina with an academy for smaller point players called Legio XIII Academia. Very quickly found out that all but a handful of these new guys were simmers or barely active. At that point we were fighting OV on one side and OWS on the opposite side. People were losing cities without posting live feeds or even informing anyone that they were under attack. The few fighters got very, very tired of being the only ones breaking sieges or taking cities. Clearly this wasn't going to work. A few of us got invites to either OV or Alliance went AWOL, but the 10 most active fighters also got invited to OWS. Although I wanted to go with Neergal and GrepoMeta, it felt wrong to leave all the others behind so I followed them to OWS.

OWS is a great bunch, fun guys and girls, very helpful. The communication is much better than any group I had been in up to this point. Really want a crown, I feel like I have worked pretty hard for it so far. Win or lose though, I met some cool people and learned the game.

So it has been a wild ride so far. Special thanks to GrepoMeta, romanvv, sohoglory, and macron2 for teaching me the basics. And thank you to grepopatamus, Lambo, Warchuck, and coxwana. They didn't know it at the time, but they were teaching me some of the finer points of the game while attempting to kick my anus.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54494

A handful of friends and myself were in another browser game. It was very boring as we were all in the Top 10 for a very long time and nothing happened. If we tried to fight our opponents would run away, and we were too big for most people to attack. So we basically just sat around being bored all the time. Decided to try Grepolis, Olous had only been active for a few days so we jumped in.

We started an alliance called Myrmidons, we had no idea we had spawned in a terrible location. Grepolis has a steep learning curve, and we were at war with Order 66 fairly early on. Took a city, lost four, 2 players ghosted. Clearly this wasn't going to work. We merged with a couple other small alliances, changed our name to Hetairoi. Continued to fight. I lost my starting city and was left with a newly founded city and a 1100 point city. lol, not a good time, it really sucks being set that far back. But I learned a lot, and thanks to GrepoMeta, SiriusDelta, Charlie902, and CJ53 I was able to build up fairly quickly and take a couple cities, get back on my feet.

Hetairoi started to fall apart. Too many simmers that never helped, far too fighters trying to defend everyone and themselves. Order 66 fell apart, the guys we had been fighting moved to Stay Cool. When Hetairoi fell apart half went to Stay Cool and the other half went to Spirit of Game Winners (Winners). We wanted to fight Stay Cool but did not want to join Winners (a lot of the simmers that never helped moved over there). We were invited to 13th Lochoi and told that they would be merging with Oceans Veterans and fighting Stay Cool, they seemed nice and had more experience than us, so we joined. Things went exactly the opposite of what we had expected. It became very clear that 13th Lochoi was either going to join Stay Cool or ghost, so those of us wanting to change things took over. Ended up fighting OV and SC at the same time, that didn't work, lots of people went into VM or ghosted. Fought for a while, but with only a handful of guys we never really had enough firepower to do much.

We tried to rally all the remaining small alliances in Ocean 46. Formed a new alliance called Legio XIII Gemina with an academy for smaller point players called Legio XIII Academia. Very quickly found out that all but a handful of these new guys were simmers or barely active. At that point we were fighting OV on one side and OWS on the opposite side. People were losing cities without posting live feeds or even informing anyone that they were under attack. The few fighters got very, very tired of being the only ones breaking sieges or taking cities. Clearly this wasn't going to work. A few of us got invites to either OV or Alliance went AWOL, but the 10 most active fighters also got invited to OWS. Although I wanted to go with Neergal and GrepoMeta, it felt wrong to leave all the others behind so I followed them to OWS.

OWS is a great bunch, fun guys and girls, very helpful. The communication is much better than any group I had been in up to this point. Really want a crown, I feel like I have worked pretty hard for it so far. Win or lose though, I met some cool people and learned the game.

So it has been a wild ride so far. Special thanks to GrepoMeta, romanvv, sohoglory, and macron2 for teaching me the basics. And thank you to grepopatamus, Lambo, Warchuck, and coxwana. They didn't know it at the time, but they were teaching me some of the finer points of the game while attempting to kick my anus.

I read it all lol. More interesting than what im doing right now listening to my professor. Haha