Excellent, here we go:

Server: Beta

Browser and Version: IE 8

Screenshots: Lots !!

How often this occurs: Every day constantly

Time and Date you experienced this: Same as above

I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No : numerous times a day

I get "response error" constantly

I get freezing in the alliance forum, wont let me read a thread.

I get freezing on the premium captain farm villages option (the spinning hour glass) - takes 5 minutes, when it should take half that time, some cities I have to click on demand three times, before it works.

I get freezing on sending troops and ships to queues.

Should I continue ?

I am getting the same "response errors" all of the time, using IE 9 and Safari. Please make amends!

DeletedUser

Server. Phi

Browser. Blackberry torch (google)

Screenshots. None

How often this occurs. All the time now

Time and date of experience. 22 December 2011

Cleared cache and cookies. Yes, constantly along with phone log etc.

I get response error constantly

While I can't continue play, I'm being attacked and can't do anything, I thought I was part of a small group with this problem, obviously not

DeletedUser

Stops at Loading bar
  • Server:Eta
  • Browser and Version:Mozilla FireFox
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:Just now
  • Time and Date you experienced this:Today - 9hrs ago
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes - lotsa times

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

• Server: Pi, Chi, Psi & Cornith
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 9.0.1
  • Screenshots: Seriously? You want screen shots of the spinning hour glass?
  • How often this occurs: Every 2-3 mouse clicks
  • Time and Date you experienced this: Continually and on all servers.
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

Additionally it is worse when cycling through cities. I believe it to be a bandwidth problem because the lag began immediately after the 1.26 servers were upgraded.

DeletedUser

The lag issues are probably a combination of different factors working together.

1. Lagging is more noticeable on larger accounts.

2. The 2.0 interface introduced a new seemingly multi threaded way to load details in the background. This network interface is pretty unstable though, and might possibly be affected by some server side connection time out settings.

3. Your network bandwidth and latency affects perceived lagging. Possibly because slow networks and larger accounts(more data) more easily trigger bugs in the new 2.0 interface.

DeletedUser

I don't think the response errors are directly related to the upgrade of the old worlds from 1.26 to the 2.xx version, because they also happen on the beta test servers zz1 and zz3. My guess goes to the update 2.15 --> 2.16 being the culprit (this happened at the same time 1.26 went directly to 2.16). So it could be something in the code waiting for something else in the code to finish or happen, and when it doesn't finish or happen, the game tilts.

You can reproduce this quite reliably by right clicking on "messages" or "reports" --> open in new tab. More often than not, the messages/reports window stays blank, the hourglass keeps spinning, and when you click messages/reports in the new tab again, the red banner appears. Closing the empty messages/reports window and re-opening it again (still in the new tab) usually works ok.

Suggestion: Compare the code of 2.15 with 2.16 and see what was done there....

DeletedUser

Here we go

Server: Lambda
Browser and Version: Chrome-Fire Fox Neither work now for game
Screenshots: Nope, I don't do that....ever. I don't care if you don't believe me.
How often this occurs: Every single time I hit a button in game. You name the button, it doesn't work.
Time and Date you experienced this: All the time, every single day.
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No Yes-yes-yes and yes. Every computer I've tried, every browser.....nothing. This isn't us it's you.

Grats to the dev team. Good job pushing code without a bug test. Now we are back to beta. The only solution I found was to delete the tab on my hot-bar, worked first time.
:pro:

DeletedUser

problems.

Server: Omicron
Browser and Version: Chrome - Latest Version
Screenshots: Having trouble to upload to the support even.
How often this occurs: Every time I attempt to do anything. Training troops, posting to alliance forums always takes multiple attempts having to reload the whole page and quite the annoyance retyping it all.
Time and Date you experienced this: Once I've logged on till I log out.
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes.

Only started happening since the 2.0 update. Before it was perfect.

DeletedUser

• Server:Omicron
  • Browser and Version:Firefox 8.0, Chrome 16.0.912.63
  • Screenshots:Have attached many in support tickets
  • How often this occurs: every 5 minutes
  • Time and Date you experienced this:all time

Additional information:

If i leave the game open for 10 - 15 minutes and then when i comeback and check it i would have got the response error and then when i try to refresh the page clearing cache and everything the screen gets stuck at the symbol of spell and this happens when ever i go idle.

DeletedUser

• Server: Delta, Zeta, Rho, Hero World Beta Test
  • Browser and Version: Chrome 16.0.912.63, Firefox 8.0.1
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: Every fifth click, it seems.
  • Time and Date you experienced this: Became a significant problem on Rho when 1.x servers upgraded (*ahem*) to 2.x.

The issues I have been facing is that when opening windows (Barracks, Senate, Forum, etc) they do not load - the Hourglass Loading icon continuously turns yet the window does not complete loading despite the browser notifying me everything on the webpage has been loaded. It seems the load get stuck in a loop. Furthermore, clicking the link a second time almost always (>95%) opens the window correctly without any delays, furthering me to believe it is some sort of loop issue in the code. This doesn't occur very often, and when it does it doesn't last very long and can easily be solved by the above method, however, other players do state they suffer from much more severe instances of the lag and delays.

Essentially experiencing the same, although problems are significantly less on servers where I have fewer cities:

Delta: 1
Hero World Beta Test: 6
Rho: 59
Zeta: 102​

Nearly every player in my Rho alliance (~40 members) is experiencing the same issues with Response Error messages and frozen windows.

DeletedUser

freeze

it start a week ago i had just to click again to give me the error respond so it was nt a big deal
now it does not allow me to get log in it freeze on the blue progress bar
im playing on alpha have the latest chrome i download the app for the game and clear cache ,cookies,history

DeletedUser

Server: Corinth
Browser and Version: Firefox 8.0.1
Screenshots: nope
How often this occurs: happens all the time, not so much that the game is un-playable, but I click something, go to click something else and the time-glass stays and I have to refresh (at the point of refresh a red box pops up with 'response error'
Time and Date you experienced this: constantly
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes multiple times- it's a server error, not on our side- I ping'd the server, and all is fine there...

DeletedUser

Server: ETA
Browser and Version: Chrome (latest) have tried others but find chrome works better for me
Screenshots:
cannotlogin.png
How often this occurs: constantly
Time and Date you experienced this: it has been happening since the update from 1.26 to 2.16, but has been unbearable for the past 12-14 hrs
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes many times!

Impossible to play like this, since the update there have been numerous complaints about log in issues, bugs and freezing, yet nothing has been done. As a paying costumer I have very disappointed, and ask for an explanation and also request some kind of refund for the gold spent in the last 3 weeks to play an unplayable game!

DeletedUser

but has been unbearable for the past 12-14 hrs
I want to back up Jack's claim. The lag is getting progressively worse. 24 hours ago, I posted and said it had been super bad. As Jack said, in the last 12-16 hours, it has surpassed super bad to almost unplayable. 3 clicks per instruction and now refreshes are required and the norm to get from city to city.

If the problem isn't figured out and resolved by the end of the peace period, I'll be putting all my accounts in VM and check back in 2 weeks. Be nice if VM was free until the problems were resolved, because those of us experiencing this problem, really can't play effectively.

DeletedUser

Server...Delta

Browser...Chrome

Screen Shots...None

Issues... Frequently getting the 'Response Error' and the little hour glass spins for what seems like an eternity before page loads

Cache is cleared

Time of day logging on...All the time

DeletedUser

Guys, I've been deleting a lot of posts here and I don't want to come across harsh and tyrannical but this is not the place for the discussion of the current state of the game. Only precise information about your situation is helpful - follow the format to ensure we get the information we need because it does us no good if you're not including things such as browser.

DeletedUser8790

Server:
Theta(200 cities), delta(30 cities), Heroworld beta(7 cities)
Browser and Version:
Chrome latest version
Screenshots:
Sure, This is the bane of my gameplay
frozen.png

How often this occurs:
Most of my command overviews that I pay for are non-functioning 90% of the time, They simply freeze in theta, On the hero world they work great
Time and Date you experienced this:
Whole day long, It is particularly bad at certain times, I emailed support reasonings for this(They need to be kept private), In fact it gets so bad I cannot even log in, It freezes loading the game and I just need to walk away for a few hours.
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies:
Yes many times. rarely helps.

There is a definite increase in issues the more cities you have as far as I can see, The Beta Hero world is lightning fast almost all the time. On Delta it moves faster 30 seconds to 2 minutes to scroll through cities sometimes it works faster. In theta it can take anywhere from 1 minute to infinity minutes to just simply scroll between cities, Non of the command overview (if they even open) will allow me to scroll down past the first page, This is really irritating. The Recruiting overview, and culture overviews simply do not work for me on theta. Also the map rarely works on theta, If I try to "jump to current city" it just freezes, and gives me response error message, If I repeat it sometimes it will eventually get there. Obviously the servers cannot handle players having cities in excess of 100.

DeletedUser

Clearing those 95 notifications on the right will help speed up things a little bit at least.....

DeletedUser8790

Clearing those 95 notifications on the right will help speed up things a little bit at least.....

Your joking right? I hate those things, I have been complaining about useless reports forever, I Get at least 300 an hour, maybe more, If 1 of my cities gets an attack there is an average of 20 reports/ attack, I get attacked 50+ times a day at least that is 1,000 reports/day on just attacks alone, not to mention spells or support etc.... How about letting me turn them off????????

See the link here, I get no response on this issue, It is worse in 2.0 because I get it double due to the useless Icon's at the bottom right of the screen.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=31107

frustrations galore!

while I was typing this I cleared the Icon's and 34 new ones appeared from 1 attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

well here is what i did. Opened up Firefox and there is a tool called Firebug which i use to develop my web products i donno if you guys use it :) but it is a handy tool.

Now i open the firebug and then launch grepolis in firefox.

1) I get lots of Json Parse errors:
Error: JSON.parse: unterminated string
Source File: http://en15.grepolis.com/cache/js/jquery-1.6.1.min.js
Line: 2

2) Error: wndhandler is null
Source File: http://en15.grepolis.com/cache/js/merged/game.js?1324985045
Line: 1519

3) Error: f.el is null
Source File: http://localhost/_jam/js/downloadify.min.js
Line: 3