Important Server Issues: Please Read

DeletedUser

There are plenty of complaints about server issues, in various threads. Please from now onwards put all information in the following format in this thread:

• Server:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Time and Date you experienced this:
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No

Copy/Paste this into your post to use the above form easier:

HTML:
[LIST][*][B]Server:[/B][*][B]Browser and Version:[/B]  [*][B]Screenshots:[/B] [*][B]How often this occurs:[/B] [*][B]Time and Date you experienced this:[/B] [*][B]I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies:[/B] Yes/No[/LIST]

It is not helping when I say to our developers 'Our servers aren't working properly!'. They need detailed information such as time and date, so we will collect this information.

Bonus points will be awarded for screenshots.

Please note, only use this thread for server performance problems. Any other issues please read here

DeletedUser

Excellent, here we go:

Server: Beta

Browser and Version: IE 8

Screenshots: Lots !!

How often this occurs: Every day constantly

Time and Date you experienced this: Same as above

I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No : numerous times a day

I get "response error" constantly

I get freezing in the alliance forum, wont let me read a thread.

I get freezing on the premium captain farm villages option (the spinning hour glass) - takes 5 minutes, when it should take half that time, some cities I have to click on demand three times, before it works.

I get freezing on sending troops and ships to queues.

Should I continue ?

DeletedUser

cHr133, please update your browser to IE9 (or use another browser), clear your cache, and then make another report. IE8 causes lots of problems with Grepolis, most of which can be solved from updating. Doing so will help us narrow down the problems.

Edit: Before posting here you should also update your browser if you are using IE8.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20248

This thread is pointless. The developers know about the issues but have decided to take a holiday first.
Do not expect this problem to go away before the next year.

DeletedUser

This thread is pointless. The developers know about the issues but have decided to take a holiday first.

Yes, they know there is an issue but they do not know what is causing it. Hence, the thread for the information so we can try to eliminate variables and pinpoint similarities from those who have been having the issue. You can't fix/bug an issue if you don't know what's causing it.

Stop being so arrogant and ignorant. If you're not here to be part of the solution and be constructive, you're contributing to the problem.

Any further posts that are not about reporting the issue will be automatically deleted. If you wish to speak about something else you may PM me or create another thread in the respective forum.

DeletedUser

• Server: - en1, zz3, zz1.
  • Browser and Version: - chrome, ff, opera.
  • Screenshots: - need a ss of the "Response error of Death" flag?
  • How often this occurs: - about 4-5 times per hour when playing intensely.
  • Time and Date you experienced this: - no pattern.
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: - Yes

It's either the code, or the servers. Maybe both. My guess goes to the code.

DeletedUser

haha, 'decided to take a holiday first'.
People taking a break from work at christmas? :eek: How dare they.

DeletedUser

That doesn't mean we have to give up. I am not even saying we can get a fix pre-new years, but if we give them atleast a vague direction then we are making progress. Any further posts after this that do not follow the format, or the posts that are not contributing to the topic will be deleted.

DeletedUser

• Server:
  • Psi
    Browser and Version:
  • Chrome latest version
    Screenshots:
  • As many as u want
    How often this occurs:
  • The whole time. Every window I try to open takes ages. It keeps loading and do nothing then after a minuut or so it says response error.
    Time and Date you experienced this:
  • Whole day long
    I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies:
    Yes many times. Although I never had this problem before so this ain't it.

DeletedUser

server: upsilon
browser: Chrome 16.0.912.63 m/IE9/safari 5.1.2
Issue: cannot log on at all
Cleared cache: yes

This is what I get.

This web page is not available
The connection to en20.grepolis.com was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Check your Internet connection. Reboot any routers, modems or other network devices that you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted programme in your firewall or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted programme, try deleting it from the list of permitted programmes and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure that the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the spanner menu > Options > Under the Bonnet > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

DeletedUser

i cannot believe you dont already know all this as it is happening to EVERYONE!!!!!!

exactly the same as below
i cannot believe you dont already know all this as it is happening to EVERYONE!!!!!!

Excellent, here we go:

Server: Beta

Browser and Version: IE 8

Screenshots: Lots !!

How often this occurs: Every day constantly

Time and Date you experienced this: Same as above

I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No : numerous times a day

I get "response error" constantly

I get freezing in the alliance forum, wont let me read a thread.

I get freezing on the premium captain farm villages option (the spinning hour glass) - takes 5 minutes, when it should take half that time, some cities I have to click on demand three times, before it works.

I get freezing on sending troops and ships to queues.

Should I continue ?

DeletedUser23153

Server issues - same as everyone else !!!!

Server: EN21
Browser and Version: Chrome 16.0
Screenshots: will be same as anyone else
How often this occurs: all the time
Time and Date you experienced this: started about 2 weeks ago
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

Game constantly slows down or locks up after several mouse clicks - only way around is to refresh the screen - keeps coming up with Response Error - making the game unplayable

DeletedUser

Server: Byzantium is the worst, but Delphi is bad, delta is slightly better
Browser and Version: google chrome latest update
Screenshots:can`t do them
How often this occurs: non stop all day/every day
Time and Date you experienced this:as above
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No.yes when I log off for the night always clear everything, and have to do it during game play

farming and alliance forums are the worst..

forums, i often have to retry and retry to post something because of lag or freezes..
To be honest, it is becoming unplayable, and I am wondering that when my premium runs out as to wether I will continue to play and spend money

just to add..can not get onto Byzantium for about 1 hour now, Delphi and Delta no problem

(off topic I know) but this on top of the trading loss of captain premium

aaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

DeletedUser

Here's my contribution.

• Server: Psi
  • Browser and Version: Google Chrome 16.0.912.63 (Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and later do not exhibit any problems)
  • Screenshots: N/A.
  • How often this occurs: Not very often; once a day on and off over the course of an hour, if that.
  • Time and Date you experienced this: Seems to be random.
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes, although the only time it seems to make a difference is after upgrading your browser from an outdated version. Eg. Regular cache clearing seems to have little effect.
  • Other: The issues I have been facing is that when opening windows (Barracks, Senate, Forum, etc) they do not load - the Hourglass Loading icon continuously turns yet the window does not complete loading despite the browser notifying me everything on the webpage has been loaded. It seems the load get stuck in a loop. Furthermore, clicking the link a second time almost always (>95%) opens the window correctly without any delays, furthering me to believe it is some sort of loop issue in the code. This doesn't occur very often, and when it does it doesn't last very long and can easily be solved by the above method, however, other players do state they suffer from much more severe instances of the lag and delays.

I do not believe it is a computer issue since I can run Grepolis on a variety of computers with a wide range of specifications, and people who say it is their GPU unable to load a browser game (lol?) is complete rubbish when I can easily run it on a 20 year old computer (tested) with a decent connection. I also live extremely far from the server's locations yet I experience little delay as outlined above.

DeletedUser

trouble trouble

Server: Byz
Browser and Version: IE9, Chrome 16, Firefox
Screenshots: N/A.
How often this occurs: since 6pm PST
Time and Date you experienced this: 12/22/11
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes (step one in troubleshooting 101)
Other: Can't get to the world at all. I can login to Grepolis, but can't get to Byz world...I only have one world that I use, so quite frustrating...

I know you guys are looking at it, but tough to be excited about the game. Just saying.

DeletedUser

http://http://support.innogames.de/attachment.php?ticketID=5457500&attachment=6334e34d827b6f83a37ba15d3541ec3a
attachment.php
  • Server:Gamma (AKA en3)
  • Browser and Version:FireFox 8.0
  • Screenshots:eek:ne
  • How often this occurs:constantly
  • Time and Date you experienced this:constantly
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

My issue is a bit different than whats posted above. I get the same load loops and response errors occasionally but what I'm having a seriously hard time with is that on 1 island I am only able to control 4 of the villages. When I click on a village I don't control and the attack window opens on the blue bar across from your troops it reads all villages have been conquered but I'm only able to demand from 4 of them whether its manually or through the captain. It also will not let me send troops to try to conquer the 4 villages I don't control, I get a red popup bar that states I cannot control any more villages even though I have almost 1k in troops sitting in the city.

Edit: upgraded to firefox 9.0.1 and still have the same issue.

DeletedUser23146

Server: Mu
Browser and Version: Opera Mobile Browser for Android and latest version
Screenshots: none
How often this occurs: Everytime almost
Time and Date you experienced this: Since 2.0
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

It like doesnt load the reward and if it doesnt it doesnt show the reward. I cannot simulate within the simulator. i also cannot view the rankings. If it loads the reward it crashes my browser. I have other issues that are minor. I hope you guys can fix this somehow

DeletedUser

• Server: Xi
  • Browser and Version: Chrome 16
  • Screenshots: None
  • How often this occurs: Every time I play.
  • Time and Date you experienced this: Every day. Constantly.
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

Most of the time that I click on anything that opens a window (farm, trade, city view, barracks, harbor, cave, agora, etc.) or when I click a button that causes an action (Demand, Send resources, Attack, Support, etc.) I get treated to a prolonged display of the spinning hourglass. If I click again (or sometimes 3 times or more) it usually is enough to eventually initiate the action, but this can also lead to the action being inadvertently repeated (I've double-traded with a farming village more than once), so I have to be careful. Sometimes the window opens but nothing loads up into it, and the hourglass just spins. If I close the window and try again it usually works on the second try. This happens fairly often. Occasionally I have to refresh my browser to make a problem go away, but that doesn't happen very often. These issues started precisely with the 2.0 "upgrade".

Varun

Strategos
Server: en1 (Common in all worlds)

Browser: Firefox 8.01

Screenshot: (in the spoiler)

screenshot.png

How often this occurs:
Everytime

Time and Date you experienced this:
Everytime since the mass update (I personally think that the update should have occured step-by-step, just suggesting)

I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies:
Yes