Passed Special Buildings

Do you want to see this feature added in-game?

• Yes

Votes: 50 84.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Special Buildings

Proposal:

This idea is meant to increase the amount of special buildings that can be constructed in one village from 2 to 4, and to balance out the buildings, so that structures of similar value are grouped together.

Current Workaround:

Players build different special buildings in different villages, but players with less villages cannot do this.

Details:

Currently, the special buildings that can be built in 1 village are in 2 sets of 4. A player can build 1 structure of each set per village. This idea will change it so that each player will now have 4 sets of 2 buildings to choose 1 building each from. Furthermore, the 2 buildings in each set will have similar values.

Set 1:
1) Thermal Baths
2) Tower

Thermal baths gives a player the opportunity to increase his/her farm space by 10% and train more troops. The Tower gives troops a 10% bonus, increasing the defensive capabilities of the troops by 10%.

Set 2:
1)Divine Statue
2)Oracle

The Divine Statue increases the favour production. The oracle can tell a player of opposing layers who have espied on him. This is similar to Athena's power Wisdom which helps the player spy on someone else. The Divine Statue may seem to be better than the Oracle, but remember; favour production is only increased by a measly 10%, whereas with an oracle, enemy espionage will always be reported no matter how much silver is in your caves.

Set 3:
1)Theatre
2)Lighthouse

The theatre decreases the cost of Culture points, enabling a player to receive Culture points at a cheaper price. The Lighthouse increases the speed of ships, and since ships are the primary form of transport/attacks, and they are pretty slow on average, 10% will make quite a difference to the speed. This enables aggressive players to receive BP much quicker due to the fact that their troops can arrive at enemy cities faster. That means they acquire BP at a better rate than other players. Also, farming on other islands will speed up; which means more resources that can go towards Culture Points, or other things.

Set 4:
1)Merchant Shop
2)Library

The merchant shop is disliked by many players due to the fact that it only increases the trade ratio of farming villages. It has very little use, but it can help smaller players who actively trade with farming villages to make a bigger profit than they make already. The Library may seem to be a much better option than the Merchants Shop but since it only gives you a meagre 12 Research points, it is not worth as much as it seems. Moreover, after spending all 120 research points, I doubt there would be many researches left which would be worth researching, or which would give the equivalent of resources that a merchants shop can give to a player.

If you conquer a village which has a few of the special buildings already built, you are offered the one time chance of switching the structures to the ones which you prefer, providing the number of special buildings you end up with after the switch is equal to the number of special buildings you had before the switch. After you have made the switch on one village, you cannot make it again on that village unless it is conquered, and reconquered again by you. (Thanks to Dragon1988 for suggesting this)

When this idea is implemented, players will still have their current special buildings, but if they have 2 structures from the same set, they will have to demolish one of them.
Abuse Prevention:

I fail to see how this idea can be abused.

Visual Aids:

37467189.png

Summary:

This idea gives players the ability to utilise the special buildings more, and it puts them into a more even set of groups. If this idea were to be implemented, the maximum points of a village would increase to 14716.

Administration:

Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like this idea

However some issues if it would be implemented.

Tower and Thermal Baths can now be on a town, in your case it's not possible. So a lot of players would have to be refunded their resources if they already have both.

DeletedUser2795

How about if this idea were implemented, those people get a full refund and two of the new special buildings will take half the time?

DeletedUser

Wouldn't it be better if the idea were to be implemented, all special buildings will be demolished immediately, and players with villages which used to have 1 or 2 of these buildings will get the chance to build any 1 or 2 of the new ones (provided that they are not part of the same set) at the cost of 0 resources, and instant construction?

DeletedUser

It would be easier to split the current groupings in two instead of rearranging them. That way you would not run into the problem of having to reset anything and you could still choose 4 buildings.

DeletedUser

Splitting it into 2 is not my main point. I would like to balance the structures, so both buildings in each set have a similar value.

DeletedUser

Splitting it into 2 is not my main point. I would like to balance the structures, so both buildings in each set have a similar value.

In that case, I do not support this idea. I like the options the way they are.

DeletedUser

I don't like them as they are, and I'm sure many other players do not as well:

Odoakar said:
Of 4 special buildings on the right of the tree, only one is good. On the left side, almost all 4 are good enough to take.

Link to original post

DeletedUser

i don't like this, 4 special building is too much.
i was thinking 3 special building would do.
4 just over powering.
and the choice betweenn the 2 different special building needs to be changed

DeletedUser

i don't like this, 4 special building is too much.
i was thinking 3 special building would do.
4 just over powering.
and the choice betweenn the 2 different special building needs to be changed

Which 2 need to be changed?

DeletedUser

i don't want this to be changed to make easier, if we put a really good one with a really rubish one like divine temple and merchant, then that would make it a easy choice, so we need to put good ones together and bad ones together.
i think divine statue and libary should be together.

DeletedUser

I have put them all with other structure of similar values to make it more balanced. Still, it is open to criticism. Let's see what other people think about the pairing of these structures :)

DeletedUser

well that the thing some people are new and don't think like others.
if we put a usefull and useless paired together then they obviously go to usefull and it means there will be no difference because everybody want the best.
if we put 2 useful together and 2 useless together.
some will go for this and other for that.
it will make the game more diverse not everbody will have the same thing.
get it?

DeletedUser

I understood what you said the first time. In my opinion, Set 1, 2, and 3 are pretty useful. Set 4 is not. That's why I want to know what other people think about how valuable the structures are :)

DeletedUser

I like the fact that you took the type of building in consideration.

Tower or Thermal Baths

Easy choice for a offensive player , thermal baths stay.

For a defensive player if he opts for tower that's 140 units less which he could have prior this idea and that can make a difference.

So I like it, as this idea gives a benefit to aggressive players who are penalized big time at the moment. (at least militia has a cap now, but still though)

DeletedUser

ok it thermal baths or divine power.
this is the big decision for agressive players.
it favor or troops.
not such a easy choice now?
and that need to happened on all the other set.
it must be a hard choice and can you demolish a special building?
i think you shouldn't be able to demolish it.

DeletedUser

What if you conquer a village which has a special building you don't like?

DeletedUser

special buildings are resetted, and you can rebuilt it at 3/4 of the price. if they built them that is...

DeletedUser

That will make things a bit too complicated. You should be allowed to demolish, them:

>If you don't want to demolish them, then don't demolish your own ones.
>If a player wants to demolish his special buildings, he can do so, but no refund is given for the original construction just like with any other structures.

DeletedUser

or a better solution is when you finish conquering a city you give a 1 time option to be able to change the special building!

Status
Not open for further replies.