Update to version 2.40 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser19042

3 years. Read again.
Always been one of the top attackers. I use an other system to time my attacks. Just never heard of that one. You can't judge my game play by this, not knowing a certain system.

DeletedUser

Jorsiva can you write up a tutorial on how you time attacks? Everyone I know opens multiple tabs to handle attacks once they have more than like 2 cities.

DeletedUser20415

this is sooo wrong from soooo many levels !!!!!

next thing they are gonna do is elminate the banks, or the extra farm space ......

DeletedUser39847

Jorsiva can you write up a tutorial on how you time attacks? Everyone I know opens multiple tabs to handle attacks once they have more than like 2 cities.

why use multiple window's?? i never have more than 1 window open to attack.

DeletedUser19042

lol...I had 204 cities. And I could perfectly time. So, I really don't get why you would need more browser tabs...Confusing IMO

DeletedUser

hi swarren102, grepostats shows you with a max of 9 cities ... if you have a lot more cities its a lot easier to manage a big attack (eg. 30+ cities) if each attack is set up in advance on its own tab. Then if your launches are close together you can just launch, and switch tab without having to type anything during the attack (saving vital seconds)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27793

lol...I had 204 cities. And I could perfectly time. So, I really don't get why you would need more browser tabs...Confusing IMO

JORISVA i dont know how u time the attacks so perfectly as we have a time lag of +/- 15 sec which could destroy ur cs if u dont use multiple tabs
This update certainly is more needed than harbor check
u r in venom right so ask someone out there they certainly use multiple tabs and jp is one of the best timer u will ever see

DeletedUser19042

I'm not in Venom.
Plus, time lag is just 12 seconds.

I'm actually trying out the multiple window thing right now. :D
Seems very useful. Going to make it a habit of using it. :p

DeletedUser39847

hi swarren102, grepostats shows you with a max of 9 cities ... if you have a lot more cities its a lot easier to manage a big attack (eg. 30+ cities) if each attack is set up in advance on its own tab. Then if your launches are close together you can just launch, and switch tab without having to type anythingduring the attack (saving vital seconds)

Hi leonidas the most cities i had was 97 and never had more than 1 window open ;)

DeletedUser27793

I'm not in Venom.
Plus, time lag is just 12 seconds.

I'm actually trying out the multiple window thing right now. :D
Seems very useful. Going to make it a habit of using it. :p
it can be anywhere between +12 to -12 seconds so it certainly will screw u up when u try to time from multiple cities

DeletedUser19042

Not necessarily..

But now back on topic. Because we are getting off it. :p

Richard

Strategos
Sorry, some clarity if it isn't already clear. The feature will prevent multiple tabs for the same world. Different worlds are unaffected. I have passed your feedback to the developers, however, this isn't quite the same as the removal of the HC, this is being implemented to improve performance, and frankly, I doubt will be reverted.

Lastly, anti-timing is +10 to -10 seconds, not 12.

Richard

DeletedUser

My apologies swarren102. I can only think you must have impressively high speed typing skills !
How do you manage multiple simultaneous launches ?

Sorry, some clarity if it isn't already clear. The feature will prevent multiple tabs for the same world ~ Richard Community Manager

OMG !!! Time to organise a Mass protest !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31161

small question. what was that last update they had. something about the communitie's idea

DeletedUser23986

I believe it is enforcing your wills on the players. Why?

If we want, we can use a solo tab for improving performance. If we rather prefer to use multiple ones for timing, what on earth troubles you?

If i have to use over 30cities in attack, without attack planner(that damned feature never works for me), i really need multiple tabs.

DeletedUser27700

I believe it is enforcing your wills on the players. Why?

If we want, we can use a solo tab for improving performance. If we rather prefer to use multiple ones for timing, what on earth troubles you?

If i have to use over 30cities in attack, without attack planner(that damned feature never works for me), i really need multiple tabs.

I believe the issue here is not your own performance, but that of the server.
Think about 100 people each with 3 or 4 tabs open for the same world. That would mean that those 100 players are putting 400 players worth of load on the server, meaning overall performance goes down.

DeletedUser23986

Well, we don't have 20000 players in any those servers, so i am sure it handle the load easily.

DeletedUser41373

All right; You people are hmmm almost entertaining in your stupidity; ITS A TAB!!!! if you really really need to overwhelm your system and Greps with multiple tabs than you are ENTIRELY way too lazy and need to learn i dont know how to drag yourselves away from the computer and go outside for a minute to get some perspective....
Yes the Devs do alot of dumb stuff; but you realize there are only like 5 people here saying how horrible this change is. I know more people who have issue with multiple tabs being open than with this change. The most cities i have ever had was in the 50s.. however i had no problem timing CORRECTLY with only one window, one tab, one browser... Granted I have admins which i believe helped as well; but I dont know anyone with that many cities who DOES NOT use admins,
in conclusion; if you are going to WHINE about something; why not WHINE how the attack planner only tells you to attack an HOUR after you needed to launch if it ever even tells you because that is something that they actually should fix especially since people are paying money for something THAT HAS NEVER WORKED CORRECTLY

DeletedUser39847

My apologies swarren102. I can only think you must have impressively high speed typing skills !
How do you manage multiple simultaneous launches ?!

Realistically when your attacking a city in an ocean you only want to send attacks from 10 cities and with alliance co-ordination it is easy. besides all cities are not within a minute time diff so it depends on your style of play....this update only affects you if you use multi window attacks but it is still possible to land attacks from 10-20 cities within 15 seconds if your set up properly.