Update to version 2.40 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser38224

Hopefully this post clears that up for you.

Sorry, some clarity if it isn't already clear. The feature will prevent multiple tabs for the same world. Different worlds are unaffected. I have passed your feedback to the developers, however, this isn't quite the same as the removal of the HC, this is being implemented to improve performance, and frankly, I doubt will be reverted.

Lastly, anti-timing is +10 to -10 seconds, not 12.

Richard

DeletedUser

Some argue that very few people use multiple tabs, but that removing them will significantly improve performance.
This is inconsistant, you're much more likely to gain a substantial improvement by modifying something that a lot of people do.

Those that use multi-tab techniques are making the same number of submissions to the server as someone using a single tab, but they're preparing those submissions in advance, or copying information from one tab to send back to the server via the other.

Banning multiple tabs will have little effect on the total workload of the server.

There are many other server optimisations that would reduce the total load on the server, but they require more effort by the developers. This is lazy development ... damaging your users experience, for a minor (if any) gain in performance.

Perhaps the developers will publish some performance stats to demonstrate a significant performance improvement following this change !? If these aren't forthcoming, then I suggest the change is a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

Really, nobody cares that multiple tabs were taken out, which is why they're probably not going to be re-implemented. It's just that nobody cares.

The reason they re-implemented harbor checks so quickly is because everyone cared, a lot. With this, it's a small change that doesn't significantly affect anyones lives.

If the majority of players threaten to boycott buying gold if they don't re-implement this, Chances are they will, but To be honest, i don't see that happening.

DeletedUser30490

or how about this......having the ability to open multiple building screens,wall screens e.t.c while in-game??
This way there wont be many tabs for 1 game world

DeletedUser27793

Really, nobody cares that multiple tabs were taken out, which is why they're probably not going to be re-implemented. It's just that nobody cares.

The reason they re-implemented harbor checks so quickly is because everyone cared, a lot. With this, it's a small change that doesn't significantly affect anyones lives.

If the majority of players threaten to boycott buying gold if they don't re-implement this, Chances are they will, but To be honest, i don't see that happening.

U r saying nobody care about it but u can see these many posts about multiple tabs
U say nobody care but mainly u dont care as u dont use multiple tabs and without knowing its importance plz dont talk like this
This was made to talk about ur opinion not about how u feel about others opinion so if u can state ur opinion and leave rather calling others opinion idiotic without knowing its importance

DeletedUser23986

Some argue that very few people use multiple tabs, but that removing them will significantly improve performance.This is inconsistant, you're much more likely to gain a substantial improvement by modifying something that a lot of people do.
Exactly what i have been thinking. How can something utilized by "some" affect so much. Surely INNO is trying to hide facts there. If it improves performance significantly, then it will also affect a significant number of attackers.

DeletedUser38224

U r saying nobody care about it but u can see these many posts about multiple tabs

When i say nobody cares, i am comparing it to the harbor checks example, which was re-implemented right away. In comparison to the amount of people who care about harbor checks, nobody cares.

U say nobody care but mainly u dont care as u dont use multiple tabs and without knowing its importance plz dont talk like this

I can see maybe 15 people posting on this thread that they want the feature back in. Maybe that many posting about how they don't care. The majority of the player base doesn't even care enough to post.

This was made to talk about ur opinion not about how u feel about others opinion so if u can state ur opinion and leave rather calling others opinion idiotic without knowing its importance

I stated my opinion. In fact, my post was very, very on topic.

DeletedUser23986

I stated my opinion. In fact, my post was very, very on topic.
It was not. The thread is to state your opinion, not for YOU to suppress others opinions, calling it idiotic, or their style of play lazy

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Just wanted to pop in and say awesomeness never called anyone's opinion idiotic. Kranthitejab just decided to infer that from his post thus creating a bit of drama. Read what people say and don't add your own interpretation to it.

DeletedUser38224

It was not. The thread is to state your opinion, not for YOU to suppress others opinions, calling it idiotic, or their style of play lazy

I did state my opinion. You're parroting the guy who tried to say that i'm not without actually reading my post.

DeletedUser23986

Just wanted to pop in and say awesomeness never called anyone's opinion idiotic. Kranthitejab just decided to infer that from his post thus creating a bit of drama. Read what people say and don't add your own interpretation to it.

I did state my opinion. You're parroting the guy who tried to say that i'm not without actually reading my post.
Nevertheless, Awesomeness never stated his opinion about the update, but rather about what others think about update. That is just not okay.

DeletedUser38224

Nevertheless, Awesomeness never stated his opinion about the update, but rather about what others think about update. That is just not okay.

My post was obviously my opinion on the update. Please go back and read it before posting further.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, this change is becoming a joke ... I just went to Settings/Support to see if its possible to refund whats left of my last premium account payment, but this opens another window, so logs me out before I can raise a Support request.

No more Support then !!!

DeletedUser30490

Just so that we can get back on topic....

[user]Awesomeness.[/user] Never called anyone idiotic.

[user]kranthitejab[/user]
kranthitejab said:
took it in a wrong way,He was just saying that the majority of people did not care about players now not being able to have multiple tabs of the same world open.
So actually [user]kranthitejab[/user] took it in a wrong way...

[user]Awesomeness.[/user]
Awesomeness said:
I can see maybe 15 people posting on this thread that they want the feature back in. Maybe that many posting about how they don't care. The majority of the player base doesn't even care enough to post.
You're wrong there because there are many players who are against this but only a few really have account or even take the time to make a forum account to talk against this feature.

[user]Hasan Naqvi[/user]
Hasan Naqvi said:
he did not call it idiotic.But he might have thought that "their style of play is lazy".
Hasan Naqvi said:
I agree here though.

[user]Awesomeness.[/user]
Awesomeness. said:
If it's so terrible for one to post their opinion of someone elses opinion, then stop doing it!
Again, You're parroting someone elses opinion without actually reading my post.
You kinda did that in your first post.

Baudin Toolan said:
So to end this what Baudy said was right.

so can we carry on now :p

DeletedUser38224

My post was a response to leonidas's, but it was obviously my opinion on the multiple tabs part of the update also.

DeletedUser30490

lol aaa my post was supposed to come before both of those posts :p

DeletedUser38224

Lol, apparently this thread is pretty popular right now :p

DeletedUser30490

Well, this change is becoming a joke ... I just went to Settings/Support to see if its possible to refund whats left of my last premium account payment, but this opens another window, so logs me out before I can raise a Support request.

No more Support then !!!

Hey bro,

untill the bug is resolved use >>Use This<<
Or at the bottom of the forum you will find "Contact us" next to "Grepolis"