Update to version 2.40 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

To make sure that updates of game state will reach the players browser correctly, only one tab per game account is allowed. If a second tabs gets opened the first one will be logged out

Am I interpreting this correctly? One tab per game account = can not log into more than one world at a time?

DeletedUser

If you had world Beta open in one tab, you could open Alpha in another. But you could not open 2 tab that are logged into the same world.

The beginners protection is showed as a power under the town name shows as power now
Just what. :D I think this means that you can see how long players have left in BP under their town name. Not really sure though.
Players can now send mass-mails only after reaching more than 800 points in order to prevent server spam;
Amazing!
Community request: ability to rename commands.
Not sure what feature this is referring to... The attack planner perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5792

Am I interpreting this correctly? One tab per game account = can not log into more than one world at a time?

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. I also play in multiple worlds and frequently switch between them. Logging in every time would definitely be a inconvenience.

DeletedUser

To make sure that updates of game state will reach the players browser correctly, only one tab per game account is allowed. If a second tabs gets opened the first one will be logged out;

1 tab per game account !?!?!?!?

If that is really true it is a catastrophic change !

Every expert player I know uses multiple tabs in one world to manage large operations, typically one per city or one per mission. This will critically handicap experienced players who use complex launch sequences that need to be prepared in advance of launch.

This is not a "minor change", it is a massive change to the way combat is executed in Grepolis.
Abandon it now before its too late !

People will leave grepolis over this, and most likely experienced people who run large premium accounts.

DeletedUser

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. I also play in multiple worlds and frequently switch between them. Logging in every time would definitely be a inconvenience.

Just think about it for a minute or two.... open another window instead.

DeletedUser38224

To make sure that updates of game state will reach the players browser correctly, only one tab per game account is allowed. If a second tabs gets opened the first one will be logged out

This seems like a terrible change.

Just think about it for a minute or two.... open another window instead.

That new window will also have a new tab in it, meaning that your first one will get logged out.

DeletedUser

you sure about that? I was thinking it just might be because they were all under the same window. I guess we'll have to wait and see

DeletedUser38224

If that's the case, the announcement was poorly worded and you guys got everyone in a frenzy over nothing.

DeletedUser

They're most likely doing this so big gold users have to buy gold for both worlds and cant use gold from another as is possible now. I would imagine this rule is about making money.

DeletedUser5554

Poorly worded update but hey I mean there's been worse. Someone once had this crazy idea to release a new world every week I mean can you imagine that? Thank God that didn't last long right? *sigh*....

DeletedUser39931

"To make sure that updates of game state will reach the players browser correctly, only one tab per game account is allowed. If a second tabs gets opened the first one will be logged out;"

I do hope it means only one tab per world not one tab per account i play in 3 worlds and have a tab open for each one to save logging in every time i switch worlds.

DeletedUser

I have tested this on Beta. You may have two worlds open at the same time ie: Alpha and Beta; however, you may not have two tabs on world Iota open at the same time. It will reset the one that was opened first. If that makes sense?

They're considering a 'game account' as one world rather than the whole entire account with your username.

DeletedUser20415

It is 1 tab per world I do believe. Meaning you can have both paros and calydon open but not two tabs for paros.

are u kiding me ????????????????????????? if thats true ... lets dont bother ourself anymore and leave that game :supermad:

if thats true that mean 2~3 windows for timing is no longer acceptable !!!!!

DeletedUser

To make sure that updates of game state will reach the players browser correctly, only one tab per game account is allowed. If a second tabs gets opened the first one will be logged out;

does this mean we can't play two worlds at once?

DeletedUser

Players can now send mass-mails only after reaching more than 800 points in order to prevent server spam;
OMG its taken how long for this to be implemented? Happy its finally there though :D

DeletedUser20415

we cant open 2 windows for getting a better chance for good timing .... this is a major blow for experienced players .... someone call a dev :rolleyes: