Update to version 2.40 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser36146

I appear to have multi-tab functionality again (at least temporarily) so thanks for at least passing our feelings on.

One general observation I would like to make is that many of us have to pass on and explain changes to other/new players
on an ad infinitum basis which is why we get frustrated when things like the wiki is out of date (not to mention the guides).
Probably more importantly (to us) is that when Im explaining something to a player to then find out its wrong is annoying/embarrassing.
This is why we need the update info to be as accurate as possible - certainly the last couple havent been IMO/

Not blaming anyone - just saying it adds to the frustrations

With regard to the previous post concerning commands renaming - I personally have no idea why its necessary or even how to make it work as mine doesnt seem to.

Once again thanks - I'll no doubt speak to you when we upgrade next

DeletedUser

Thanks for restoring multi-tabs.

As I previously suggested, I think this will actually improve server performance ! (many processes can be executed more efficiently with fewer calls to the server by using 2 or more tabs, eg. farming, trading etc.)
eg. by using one tab as an 'index' showing a city list, and a 2nd tab as an 'action' tab to execute some process for any city that satisfies the action criteria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milos21

Phrourach
Last few times, the community voice was heard. I wonder if we could maybe avoid threads like this if changes are announced 7 days in advance with full list of changes? As clearly explained as possible. I think the upgrades deserves the same attention and space as new servers announcements.

DeletedUser36146

Last few times, the community voice was heard. I wonder if we could maybe avoid threads like this if changes are announced 7 days in advance with full list of changes? As clearly explained as possible. I think the upgrades deserves the same attention and space as new servers announcements.

100% agree with this one and not just for us personally but because we have to pass the info on to our players as well as any relevant implications.

One note for the future not specific to this upgrade. At some point there is rumoured to be a revamp of the WW system.
Irrelevant of feelings regarding WW I can think of nothing worse than any player/alliance to be told after 8-15 months of gameplay that the goalposts are moving. Sorry couldnt find a relevant thread