v 1.12 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser1026

oh sarcasm is lost on me sometimes. and i truly hope it is my fault.

DeletedUser

True, maybe not, But Churches and Archers are two very different and fundamental systems which did change the game a lot.

But they enriched game play, with churches you had to work out which villages needed to be taken out first. Archers & horse archers added variety of defense / offense.

I do not think revolt is in the same category as those implementations on tw, as this is implemented purely to keep a larger player base per sever for longer. As Leg has mentioned this potentially also makes some of the existing units useless, so in reality it is making the same more stale, instead of enriching it.

Nef

Aicy

Strategos
I know this is off-topic, but didn't TW change how nobling works? Hmm? Does no one remember that? Only me? Shame.

DeletedUser

I know this is off-topic, but didn't TW change how nobling works? Hmm? Does no one remember that? Only me? Shame.

You mean coins vs academy level system or something else? I don't remember them changing the act of nobling drastically though.

Nef

DeletedUser2795

This is the state Grepolis is in, only worse:
failboat.jpg

DeletedUser

Stupid morale... Is there anyway we could know what the morale hit is going to be before the attack hits? That'd be nice...

Way to bring the game down to the lowest common denominator. Sigh...

In TW the simulator gave the morale % if you loaded the two players into it.

DeletedUser2413

So upon second consideration I have decided that this could be improved for the better!

As this way you could still know of spells cast on a town from the forums, or anywhere within the game environment... However the way it is will still get in the way of the "Quick Bar" from the Administrator Premium!

I have taken the time to draft a quick mock up to show the inno team how this could be best implemented.. if I get support here I will transfer this to proper format for the ideas section!

qMA.jpg

The little icons could be instead moved just above the city name to make room for the Administrators "Quick Bar" to still be used... Not to mention it looks a little cleaner too! xD

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1026

I do not like the images at all. I now have to hover over them to find out how long they last when before I just could go town to town and look. No moving the mouse just clicking to the next town.

DeletedUser2413

Why they don't just have BOTH, I don't understand?! That would be the ultimate solution, I don't think it was necessary to remove the other to give the small icons so you would have access from elsewhere in game...

Just move them on top of the City List as shown in my mock-up, add the old setup back in... and then we would have the best of both worlds!

DeletedUser1405

Putting things into perspective.

Has anyone else noticed these 2 new upgrades seem to play against each other.

New conquest system means you have to keep continuously clearing a village till your CS gets on scene.

New moral sytem stops you clearing said village.

Before anyone complains it is a new thread, ive voted on the morale issue and ive had my say.
This part of the issue doesnt seem to be getting discussed.
I can live with having to constantly hit a village that side is not the issue, but now im being stopped from doing that if the player has been turtling and is a tiny village with less pouints than me and maybe a Third of my attacking troops.
If you are going to kill off all my troops at least give us the option of faster builds to replace them, it takes an age to replace a decent size army lost to a weak village.

DeletedUser

i totally agree mike they are screwing active players in every way they can...

DeletedUser

wait a sec, Did they replace the conquest icon too?

DeletedUser2413

Not too sure about that one yet.. is you have a screen shot that would be great!

DeletedUser

I agree too. They are making sure that >90% of the active players quit or stop paying. This is a joke. I can only make assumptions on morale and conquering based on what I have heard from moderators and other players, but just seeing the outrage should scare Inno. They have already lost money off of their decision. I also have to agree with siralexnyte on the A++ job by Inno trying to make things harder for their top income bracket: active premium members.

DeletedUser

While I'm not exactly sure how much this will help, or if this formula works in every situation, but someone in my alliance worked out the formula for morale as being this:

Morale = ((defending player's points/attacking player's points)^0.315) X 115

^ means raised to the power of the following number.

DeletedUser

Sometimes the English speakers are that bit more argumentative but sometimes not. For the West our community is quieter than the German and more accepting of change. Here it seems the opposite.

I will not be bringing the revolt system into the older worlds. However we will only do one more bugfix for the siege system and after that we will most likely not offer further support for it.

The revolt system will be a standard for future worlds but I do intend to offer from time to time a siege world. This still needs to be discussed within the upper echelons of hte company but I do not forsee a problem.

DeletedUser

This was implemented due to complaints received from players about how spells were cast and displayed.