v 1.12 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser1026

no that one was actually quite clear.

to me it is not clear because of the words CHANGE to an incorrect god. As in I have the GOD Zeus. you support me with Zeus. I change to Posiden. Your troops should be sent back. That is how I read the change

DeletedUser

I'm going to start demolishing all my cities.

The lower your points the better.

I don't need my resource buildings at 40.. they're useless now.. i'll bring them down to 0 if i can.. or 1..

Barracks and Shipyard to 10 or the minimum required to build certain units..
Pretty much put every single building to the minimum i can have it at without hurting production.

I agree 100%. Next thing on Inno's list of improvements is an evony type feature where for the cheap price of only $25 we can instantly demolish a building for those players wishing to take advantage of morale right away. Or how about for $35 we can purchase city relocation schemes to move our cities across the map next to someone with the exact same amount of cities and points as us. Sure, if you have over 10 cities it might start getting pricey. But $400 is a fair price to pay to fight someone equal to you.

DeletedUser3288

so...another question then

for players that used to buy gold, what would be the point of even giving money to these fools who are ruining the game?

basically this means the smaller city has the distinct advantage, so why would anyone want to speed up their building process?

i suppose the advisors would help since all the buildings will be lower than (use whatever expletive you wish), but then why bother even paying or playing when it seems obvious that they don't give a rats *** about their player base

with the turtles and simmers keep it together for them? obviuosly the aggressive players are going to take a nosedive here, i already have experienced a few setbacks on regular farms

now i am actually scared to send 50 horses to a non grey banner polis for fear of being cleared by militia

they wont be getting another penny out of me

DeletedUser

This is just too ridicilous now. Luckily i didnt ordered more gold, as im not paying them anymore.

I bet we are not the only handfull of players whos not ordering gold anymore bcos of this **** moral-addition. Return it as it was then i may continue my playing as i did before this.

DeletedUser

grepolisupdates.jpg

DeletedUser

same here daniejam, im done paying them to ruin the game

now really, how hard will it be for the new server conquests. already having to clear a city twice plus having to deal with extra troops being built and the incoming support, how can you build fast enough to get back on your feet within the timeframe allowed

DeletedUser2413

Breaking things left right and centre!

Well, it would seem the devs have devised a plan to kill of the entire community of Grepolis with just one update! Yet another thing wrong... they change the way spells cast upon a village are displayed!

You now get these ugly little icons under the resource counters, that you know have to physically hover your mouse over to get the time remaining on the spell...

FtOIWjFH.jpeg

Not to mention, does this mean that they have gotten rid of the shortcut bar that used to fit in this spot? Another way for Inno to lose sales!?

DeletedUser

sorry i`m being so dull here does it mean the more time and effort you put into the game the harder it gets ---so if i want to take another city i now have to somehow hope he doesnt dodge my clearing waves and last minute just press for milita?---so the fact to send a colony ship anywhere takes forever isnt enough of an advantage anymore?----surely no idiot would invent a game and then stop you from trying to do well in it ---
nope i`m being dull thats just to stupid to believe

DeletedUser

so now everyone should be colonizing? rather than conquering?

DeletedUser

so now everyone should be colonizing? rather than conquering?

No colonizing means you get more points and thus your morale will go down when attacking others with lower points than you.

The whole point now is to try to stay as low in points as possible while still maintaining a huge military.

DeletedUser

yes i get that, but from what you are saying is everyone keep one polis to keep the morale up.

that sounds so backwards to me, or am i alone here?

in the days of the conquerors, does anyone think they sluffed their feet going into a smaller village? i would think the bigger a person is the higher the morale of their troops. they have victory, they are doing great things, they are....depressed and get wiped out by angry farmers ????

DeletedUser

yes i get that, but from what you are saying is everyone keep one polis to keep the morale up.

that sounds so backwards to me, or am i alone here?

in the days of the conquerors, does anyone think they sluffed their feet going into a smaller village? i would think the bigger a person is the higher the morale of their troops. they have victory, they are doing great things, they are....depressed and get wiped out by angry farmers ????

That's our point. This "improvement" is counter-intuitive.

They're ruining the game for those of us here to play it like it's meant to be played so they can make a little more money from those people that play it like sim city.

DeletedUser

first off, i dont pay premium, and never have. I only ever once payed for an MMO and that was runescape a few years ago. On the other hand, i have not, in those few years, found an MMO that will hold my attention for more than a fortnight like Runescape and Grepolis have.

I can see myself buying Premium later in the game when i have 10 cities or more simply to be able to control them all. £3? i paid that for runescape, i would pay it for this game. At the moment, i see no point, since i am but a small player in the scheme of things, and can control everything easily. When i have more cities, i can see myself buying premium to get the administrator.

This new system of moral means i will more likely lose interest in the game before i get to that stage. When i play or do anything online, i will focus a massive amount of interest in it, but will eventually lose interest in it. Once it was runescape, which help my attention for a few months, another time, it was a site called galaxiki, which held my attention for something like a year. I spend practically every waking moment on whatever i am interested in currently.

With this new update, i can see myself losing interest and moving on. Before i have actually spent any of my money on their game. If they need cash that desperately, then they should implement a advertising system. We have said we wouldnt mind banner ads constantly before now.

DeletedUser

That's our point. This "improvement" is counter-intuitive.

No, it makes perfect sense. Haven't you ever heard that soldiers outnumbering their foes only fight at 30% strength??

They feel sad for their enemy and don't think it's fair, so they drink themselves silly and fight while under the influence to help even the odds!

DeletedUser1026

No, it makes perfect sense. Haven't you ever heard that soldiers outnumbering their foes only fight at 30% strength??

They feel sad for their enemy and don't think it's fair, so they drink themselves silly and fight while under the influence to help even the odds!

that sir makes no sense at all. soldiers do not want to die. they want to be a part of the bigger group to minimize their change of death.

DeletedUser

indeed, if they are part of a bigger army, they are more likely to fight better because they know they will win.

DeletedUser

3. Aurave you're just taking everything I've said out of context. I never said clearing twice will mean fighting twice the amount of troops or that they'll magically grow an extra 2k pop. It's just another chance for the defender, in a defense skewed game, to defend again.

I never said you said that. That was my example of what it would take to make your argument valid, because having an extra chance to defend does not equal twice the units. The absurdity of what is needed to make your point correct is the basis of my rebuttal.

I took what you said, agreed with the fact you brought up about current servers, but showed how your projecting this to a new system was flawed and refuted it.
You had to of course clear a city first and that was sometimes difficult enough. As everyone knows, clearing a full pop defense city takes about 3x the amount of pop in offense units.
My experience has shown this to be pretty much the case as well. I said it before-I still agree with this.
Now.. you technically have to clear a city twice.
Once to get the revolt going and then once again to get your CS in successfully.

Since the game is skewed towards defense, this means that the attacker needs twice as many attacking troops as the defender.
You have already established the common knowledge that it takes 3x the pop space of offense to clear an equal defense. You use the word now, along with the idea that the attacker needs twice as many troops as the defender. I specifically went out of my way to put this into context, using the previous post to correctly interpret this statement as follows-due to the revolt change, attackers will need to use twice as many units as previously. That would be 6x.
Anyways I'm done with this thread. I came on here to discuss why I think the new improvement wasn't really an improvement and it was simply a way for Inno to keep more of their account base.
Except you never discussed, only whined and put other downs for no reason. There was no discussion on your part, did you actually read my posts? A map it out step by step.

You're just being a plain idiot with that and I will not debate with idiots. Simply because I'm the one that's outspoken doesn't mean that I'm the only one. So have at it.. enjoy.. I'm done posting here. When you're ready to debate points and not demean others message me. I'll come back.

I clearly showed you started off the entire thread without bringing up any points, and just demeaning others. I then called you on it. You followed by holding a hypocritical double standard- I needed to debate your non existent points and stop demeaning you. When you finally posted your thinking, something substantial that could be worked with, thought through, and debated, I did exactly that. I gave legitimate examples of why I thought you were wrong in proclaiming revolt would horribly unbalance city takeovers for the defender.

What do you do after this? Call me an idiot, and that you won't debate with idiots. It seems to me you can't debate anyone at all anyway. Then you call for me to once more debate the points you made and not demean you. That's exactly what I already did, debated your points.

I hardly think any of this matters anymore- The sneak implementation of a truly game changing mechanic has everyone's attention. I guess you can see the difference now, whining about a conquest based change that brings something different to the table compared to a completely unbalanced morale system that neuters an attacking army into thirds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

that sir makes no sense at all. soldiers do not want to die. they want to be a part of the bigger group to minimize their change of death.

Drive.. he was being sarcastic... I think.. I hope..