Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser37948

your missing my point ultimatly this is a game and personaly i feel it should be played with respect

bolting to get some revenge is sad and pathetic. we play a game were we take cities from each other, thats the game. its a risk you need to except when you start. so why do people need to seek retribution win or lose id rather show respect for an opponant.

ive been rimmed and ive rimmed a couple of players as well some are nice some are childish i do my best to be nice (dont always succeed)

i feel that if i got rimmed i felt that strongly about it id relocate regroup and come back for some payback.

i think chess closely resmbles this game in alot of base ways but my point to clarifi .the one main diferance and the key factor is people are faceless here and that brings out the the worst in people if they were sat across the table from you i very much doubt any bolting would ever happen as its like a cyber slap to the face.

so i do judge others by my morality (wether that is right or wrong ) and in my mind i would not do here to a player or say to a player things i would not say if we were face to face.

ive taken this attitude to grepo to stop the worst in me coming forth and i find it a great way to keep perspective and morality in a arena were it can become very clouded at times

DeletedUser41523

I just view it like this. Bolting is pretty dishonorable, but it is legal. I agree that doing it is sad and pathetic. I would be very annoyed if someone bolted me for revenge. That being said, if that's the player's goal, then the only thing to do is hope that they get conquered again or just get bored and find something more productive to do with their lives. What does get annoying is when alliances try to mass bolt you. :/

Ryann16

Strategos
I just view it like this. Bolting is pretty dishonorable, but it is legal. I agree that doing it is sad and pathetic. I would be very annoyed if someone bolted me for revenge. That being said, if that's the player's goal, then the only thing to do is hope that they get conquered again or just get bored and find something more productive to do with their lives. What does get annoying is when alliances try to mass bolt you. :/

+1

I agree! However, the only reason I would ever bolt someone would be to get them to attack me if they were in the enemy alliance. When the game gets boring, cast a bolt, and let the BP sail in lol :D

DeletedUser37948

+1

I agree! However, the only reason I would ever bolt someone would be to get them to attack me if they were in the enemy alliance. When the game gets boring, cast a bolt, and let the BP sail in lol :D

thats the best use of a bolt ive heard of :)

DeletedUser10837

+1

Well that is certainly one approach!

Zero Point, I didn't miss your point, I just don't agree with it.

DeletedUser37948

has that got anything to do with the fact vivs team has been rimming loads of your alliance or was this totaly impartial and just based on your opinion that if its not against the rules then its ok.

once upon a time it was legal to have slaves to subdigate women and people of diferant races amoungst other less savory things its only people who stand by and aspire to being more morale that change society.

just cause its legal does not make it right!

DeletedUser5819

has that got anything to do with the fact vivs team has been rimming loads of your alliance or was this totaly impartial and just based on your opinion that if its not against the rules then its ok.
once upon a time it was legal to have slaves to subdigate women and people of diferant races amoungst other less savory things its only people who stand by and aspire to being more morale that change society.
just cause its legal does not make it right!
So bolting someone who rimmed you is like physically assaulting someone who won against you at chess, and now its like the slave trade and subjugation of women. Your hyperbole are outstanding.

Also notable is that there are two main standpoints on bolting, and anyone who isn't on yours is apparently either trolling or biased, depending whether or not they play the world.

Is it not possible that people might genuinely simply hold the opposite opinion from yours? Perhaps even, they have held that opinion for longer than Nysa has existed, longer than they have known your opinion, maybe even longer than you have held your opinion?

Don't ask me how I sleep at night... that's not going too well, but its not from any of the crimes listed above.

Ryann16

Strategos
So bolting someone who rimmed you is like physically assaulting someone who won against you at chess, and now its like the slave trade and subjugation of women. Your hyperbole are outstanding.

Also notable is that there are two main standpoints on bolting, and anyone who isn't on yours is apparently either trolling or biased, depending whether or not they play the world.

Is it not possible that people might genuinely simply hold the opposite opinion from yours? Perhaps even, they have held that opinion for longer than Nysa has existed, longer than they have known your opinion, maybe even longer than you have held your opinion?

Don't ask me how I sleep at night... that's not going too well, but its not from any of the crimes listed above.

These are good points, and you can express your opinion as you want, but Im with ZP on this one. Bolting because you got rimmed is a poor excuse and not someone I would want to play with. The way I see it, ZP has good points too. If you bolt someone because you lost your city, it is kind of like being a poor sport. "Oh I lost, lets throw a temper tantrum and cast lightning bolts." It's like crying after you lose a game of chess or your favorite sports team loses.

If you cant win, you make others suffer and ruin the game for the rest of them. "Its my way or the highway" would be the term to use for this.

DeletedUser41523

once upon a time it was legal to have slaves to subjugate women and people of different races among other less savory things its only people who stand by and aspire to being more moral that change society.

Just cause its legal does not make it right!

Remind me to plus rep you for this one. I needed a good laugh this semester so thanks.

Once upon a time? You mean that its not legal where you live? Here we just call it corporations and government. I totally agree that its not right. Its total BS to bolt someone out of spite. However, here's a list of things that also aren't right.

1) America's stand your ground law.
2) George Zimmerman's trial results.
3) Drowning your kid and throwing her in a trash bag. Or as the official trail went: She totally disappeared and the mother made no attempt to contact anyone for about a week.
3) 90% of all military conflicts in RL.
4) Nickleback, Creed, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj.
5) Your above analogy, if you were being serious. I'd like to think that you aren't.

As for changing society, I really respect that. Here is a link to another guy who changed society.
http://youtu.be/smEqnnklfYs

DeletedUser30636

1) America's stand your ground law.

little interested on how you think that this is wrong? if your life is endangered by another person are you supposed to just... die? you should have the right to defend yourself without any consequences.

DeletedUser5819

little interested on how you think that this is wrong? if your life is endangered by another person are you supposed to just... die? you should have the right to defend yourself without any consequences.
I don't know about your law, but this sounds a lot like bolting someone for rimming you :D

DeletedUser30636

I don't know about your law, but this sounds a lot like bolting someone for rimming you :D

:p the law is basically in state so if you must, you can defend yourself if your life is endangered without being arrested and trialed for murder, or having to pay hospital bills, etc. so if someone comes into your house without being welcomed you have the right to take action ( kinda like vampires)

DeletedUser41523

I have no issue with the law in itself. The issues arising in court over it are rather bad. A few racial issues seem to have arisen from it too. Other things that have arisen would be the voter ID checks, which in certain states have been evidence of being racially motivated and used as leverage in toss up counties.

You're already allowed to legally defend yourself in the United States. As I was once told "when seconds count, the police are usually minutes away."

DeletedUser30636

I have no issue with the law in itself. The issues arising in court over it are rather bad. A few racial issues seem to have arisen from it too. Other things that have arisen would be the voter ID checks, which in certain states have been evidence of being racially motivated and used as leverage in toss up counties.

You're already allowed to legally defend yourself in the United States. As I was once told "when seconds count, the police are usually minutes away."

oh ok, thanks for clarifying that for me :)

lets all just sit back and blame Obama

DeletedUser9070

When I first started playing grepolis, I had finally managed to get my second city (by colonising it :D) when some bigger, meaner player came along and took my big city away from me. Booo.

I was so annoyed and affronted by this, that I basically built my city just so that I'd be able to hit him with lightening bolts every time I felt like logging in. I knew I had no chance to take my city back as he was obviously a more knowledgable player in a big alliance. Every time I hit him with a bolt he would attack me, but my city was too small to bother taking.

He would write me blustering messages telling me to knock it off and pretending that he didn't really want that level 40 farm anyway.

Eventually I think he got one of the guys from his academy alliance to take my city. At that point I got bored with it and started over on a new server and learned to play better.

All these years later I still feel a small inner glow thinking about what a pain in the I was to that guy who picked on a noob and took her main city.

I think the guy will get bored eventually and give up. Until then I think you just need to deal with it. It may not smack of great tactics and glory on the virtual battlefield but he's operating within the parameters of the game as they are and that's no less fair than conquering someone's city.

^ Dat.

Also, Sirloin said something about QV not being an experienced player (and tried to backtrack on that implication later, of course). That's laughable to me, and I've never even been an alliance mate of hers. But to not know how experienced she is? I'd like to explain it away by saying you're new, but I remember you from a while back. And now you're here bragging in the forums about having "earned [your] stripes." You were mediocre by my recollection, and I've got a pretty good memory.

Aside from lambasting him for his stupidity in every other post he's made in this thread, I'd like to point out that Sirloin was essentially right on the basic idea in his first post. The guy got mad and he's bolting. Immature? Perhaps. Effectively achieving his end goal? Obviously. Just ignore it and it'll go away at some point, QV.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9070

Aw, I missed the political discussion :( My favorite.. Obviously a little off-topic here, though (even if the thread's title is "Annoying.")

And yeah Shrefty, I was your #2/3 in Impact this server before things went south.

DeletedUser22650

find a player close to the guy and pay him in res or spells to rim the pest again....ive done it before twice, less moaning more action is needed.....gotta agree with alot of what sirloin said to begin with, suck it up and deal with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.