Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser46762

There is one player in this game annoying me. Doesn't build his city up just logs in every day to cast Lightening Bolt at my city. He has been rimmed once and now out of beginners protection again, same thing. To far away to rim again. Any ideas to get rid of this stupidity?

DeletedUser5819

How is it stupid? Surely he is achieving exactly what he set out to achieve. That's not the usual definition of stupidity.

Your best bet is to ignore him till he gets bored and forgets about you. If it is really really bothering you, ask your alliance to cast City Protection on you to cover the time of day he visits, which may lead to him getting bored sooner, after a little spurt of trying harder. Its a costly solution though, and probably better just to suck it up, as he has had to when you rimmed (or otherwise upset) him.

DeletedUser46762

How is it stupid? Surely he is achieving exactly what he set out to achieve. That's not the usual definition of stupidity.

Your best bet is to ignore him till he gets bored and forgets about you. If it is really really bothering you, ask your alliance to cast City Protection on you to cover the time of day he visits, which may lead to him getting bored sooner, after a little spurt of trying harder. Its a costly solution though, and probably better just to suck it up, as he has had to when you rimmed (or otherwise upset) him.

He may be achieving what he set out to do, but no alliance, no building city, no BP. That is not playing the game at all, just childish and petty.

Stupididty: Lacking intelligence or common sense

The term may be used to designate a mentality which is considered to be informed, deliberate and maladaptive.

DeletedUser32413

Let's hope he/she doesn't change to poseidon and quake your wall ;)

DeletedUser5819

He may be achieving what he set out to do, but no alliance, no building city, no BP. That is not playing the game at all, just childish and petty.
Stupididty: Lacking intelligence or common sense
The term may be used to designate a mentality which is considered to be informed, deliberate and maladaptive.
hmmm...yes, I can see you are miffed, however lets not get bogged down in semantics. You can call it childish and petty if it makes you feel better.

This player wants to irritate you. He is stupidly doing exactly what it takes to irritate you, and if he could see you moaning about it to the world he would be stupidly even more happy with his stupid success. So who's stupid? Heh. :pro:

It is clearly not playing the game to its full extent, and yes you can look down on him for it, but he is not breaking any rules and apart from asking him nicely to stop there is not much you can do about it other than what was suggested above. Its a war game ;)

When you get a bit bigger, other players will irritate you with underhand diplomacy, sending your secrets to the enemy, and more. So long as they don't break the rules its all part of the game. Getting bolted by the little guy you trod on really is part of the game too.

DeletedUser37948

when you get a bit bigger, other players will irritate you with underhand diplomacy, sending your secrets to the enemy, and more. So long as they don't break the rules its all part of the game. Getting bolted by the little guy you trod on really is part of the game too.

lol this is funny viv is one of the best experianced players on the server.

as for the bolter its pathetic and lame we play a war game to test our skill and tratergies against each other bolting is sour grapes its a player so imature they cant take losing to a better more skilled player.

viv see if he plays another server on grepointel maybe you can join him there and let him/her experiance first hand what petty annoying acts of vandalism feel like.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

If that is true it must be a very unpopular server with experienced players. Its early days, and clearly she is getting more experienced all the time :D

as for the bolter its pathetic and lame we play a war game to test our skill and tratergies against each other bolting is sour grapes its a player so imature they cant take losing to a better more skilled player.
Only one person here is displaying anything close to not being able to take it and sour grapes, although I think you (QV) can and will take it. Your options are limited, and not rolling over like a quitter could be considered a good quality.

viv see if he plays another server on grepointel maybe you can join him there and let him/her experiance first hand what petty annoying acts of vandalism feel like.
I can see how this suggestion fits into your world view of what is mature and what is immature :D lol.
I would say to grow a pair, but that is very gender-ist, so whatever the neutral equivalent is. That.

DeletedUser37948

If that is true it must be a very unpopular server with experienced players. Its early days, and clearly she is getting more experienced all the time :D

Only one person here is displaying anything close to not being able to take it and sour grapes, although I think you (QV) can and will take it. Your options are limited, and not rolling over like a quitter could be considered a good quality.

I can see how this suggestion fits into your world view of what is mature and what is immature :D lol.
I would say to grow a pair, but that is very gender-ist, so whatever the neutral equivalent is. That.

stop trolling our server and trying to lay off your morale high ground nonsence the bolters pathetic end of story if you played a person a chess and they beat you would lean over and slap them round the face!

as for viv you make too many asumtions as per normal she has ran numerous top ranked alliances

sirloin i see you in forums never ingame maybe you should join here and show us you oodles of skill at fighting over talking rubbish

DeletedUser10837

There is one player in this game annoying me. Doesn't build his city up just logs in every day to cast Lightening Bolt at my city. He has been rimmed once and now out of beginners protection again, same thing. To far away to rim again. Any ideas to get rid of this stupidity?

When I first started playing grepolis, I had finally managed to get my second city (by colonising it :D) when some bigger, meaner player came along and took my big city away from me. Booo.

I was so annoyed and affronted by this, that I basically built my city just so that I'd be able to hit him with lightening bolts every time I felt like logging in. I knew I had no chance to take my city back as he was obviously a more knowledgable player in a big alliance. Every time I hit him with a bolt he would attack me, but my city was too small to bother taking.

He would write me blustering messages telling me to knock it off and pretending that he didn't really want that level 40 farm anyway.

Eventually I think he got one of the guys from his academy alliance to take my city. At that point I got bored with it and started over on a new server and learned to play better.

All these years later I still feel a small inner glow thinking about what a pain in the I was to that guy who picked on a noob and took her main city.

I think the guy will get bored eventually and give up. Until then I think you just need to deal with it. It may not smack of great tactics and glory on the virtual battlefield but he's operating within the parameters of the game as they are and that's no less fair than conquering someone's city.

DeletedUser5819

stop trolling our server and trying to lay off your morale high ground nonsence to the bolters pathetic end of story
You are the troll here, I saw a new poster asking for advice on an ingame matter and gave genuine helpful advice. Sorry it offended you so much. Chill. As for "moral high ground nonsense", you should listen to yourself.
if you played a person a chess and they beat you would lean over and slap them round the face!
Nope, and nor would I in any way support retribution outside this game for losses or upsets ingame. What a strange pseudo-analogy. You seem to be getting all worked up over nothing. It is astounding how a bolt a day can upset a big strong veteran wargamer so much. Seriously, go get some gnat-bite cream and get over it.

as for viv you make too many asumtions as per normal she has ran numerous top ranked alliances
No, I have made no assumptions whatsoever about Viv. Not one. Read it again.

sirloin i see you in forums never ingame maybe you should join here and show us you oodles of skill at fighting over talking rubbish
Sorry sweetie, I did my time already. I'm all growed up already and have my stripes. I will not be going world hopping and quitting at one city over and over doh! Never have, never will.

DeletedUser

It's not stupid; clearly he achieved his goal which was to irritate you. There's no doubt he is savouring your response both on the forum and in the game.

DeletedUser37948

You are the troll here, I saw a new poster asking for advice on an ingame matter and gave genuine helpful advice. Sorry it offended you so much. Chill. As for "moral high ground nonsense", you should listen to yourself.
Nope, and nor would I in any way support retribution outside this game for losses or upsets ingame. What a strange pseudo-analogy. You seem to be getting all worked up over nothing. It is astounding how a bolt a day can upset a big strong veteran wargamer so much. Seriously, go get some gnat-bite cream and get over it.

No, I have made no assumptions whatsoever about Viv. Not one. Read it again.

Sorry sweetie, I did my time already. I'm all growed up already and have my stripes. I will not be going world hopping and quitting at one city over and over doh! Never have, never will.

are you playing this server if not your trolling

DeletedUser5819

are you playing this server if not your trolling
your advise was rubbbish and you basicaly give credabilty to this pointless action , this is a game of skill its not about deriving some base pleasure from haranging people
i see no point in this bolting the aim of this game is to win as a team not to bully people so the fact you support this reprihesable behavour is quite telling yes bolting happens but on the most part respectable players consider it demeaning and insulting and would rather test there skils against each other
finaly i do read your posts i have for a long time i see you trying to look cleaver quoting old threads your good at looking stuff up, vivs acount is new thats why you did not know and my stats show loads of single abandond worlds quitting one city over and over :)
i always practice a speed start before a world launches hence those stats are true but missleading
your an accountant its ok i understand xxx
Quoted so it doesn't change....and you are wrong on every single count. ;)
Try again?
I am sure you cannot resist.

DeletedUser37948

Quoted so it doesn't change....and you are wrong on every single count. ;)
Try again?
I am sure you cannot resist.

well i dont agree im wrong but i do fear this is bringing out the worst aspects of my caritor hence i edited my post as i fear im becoming as bad if not worse a troll
still the fact you got the the quote so fast kind of makes me think im right on the accountant part ;)

Zarun-

Strategos

What does this even mean?

Or rather:
vB3ypiC.jpg

Indeed.

DeletedUser5819

When you get a bit bigger, other players will irritate you with underhand diplomacy, sending your secrets to the enemy, and more. So long as they don't break the rules its all part of the game. Getting bolted by the little guy you trod on really is part of the game too.
What does this even mean?
"If that is true it must be a very unpopular server with experienced players." means the original post does not indicate a huge amount of experience at playing aggressively, the way ZP has stated the game should be played (not arguing with you here ZP btw)

"Its early days," means the server is young yet.

"and clearly she is getting more experienced all the time :D" means.... well, exactly what it says.

Which part were you finding difficult?

DeletedUser37948

well i can see your point and viv having what looks like a new forum account and a new name on this server is missleading

but i assure you viv is a class act and a vet player, geuss if your a nice person and dont normaly upset people bolting campains dont happen to you often

unfortunatly i have a dark side that rears up occasionaly and ive experianced a few bolting attacks still whos perfect ay ?

DeletedUser10837

well i can see your point and viv having what looks like a new forum account and a new name on this server is missleading

but i assure you viv is a class act and a vet player

I can agree that Queen Viv seems like a pretty skilled player, from what I've seen.

I don't really agree with your chess analogy though. For a start, chess has is a turn based game with clearly defined rules and a relatively short term strategic objective. Grepolis is much more chaotic. People can join and leave without having 'won' in the strategic sense and most people start without a plan to play until the end of the server.

From what I have seen most people have their own goals in grepolis: highest APB, max number of cities, being part of a leading alliance, disbanding an alliance, or simply making friends.

So from that perspective I would argue that grepolis more resembles a sandbox than a chessboard and people can define for themselves what winning and losing means to them. If winning means annoying someone you don't like, then as long as it's within the mechanics of the game I would argue it's not cheating, immature, pointless or whatever other words you called it.

ETA: which is not to say that I don't understand how very annoying this must be!

Status
Not open for further replies.