Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

as for your point about him standing a chance of getting his city back im not understanding the relivance to be honest.

i feel that if i got rimmed i felt that strongly about it id relocate regroup and come back for some payback.

Based on your previous quote, it holds a fair bit of relevance. You say you would regroup and get payback on the player that rimmed you. This is another players form of payback.

we sign up to play a game and quite clearly one of the risks is losing cities it part and parcle of the game so why would i be upset if the enivtable happens and as this is just a game why would i deliberatly seek to upset people i play with.

This is a game, most people want to win the game and don't enjoy losing. You said yourself that you would try and pay the player back for taking your city, that in itself shows that you would take this personally. You're more than likely a better player than the player doing the bolting, therefore you hold a better chance at getting back into the game. Why should this player be denied his own form of payback?

DeletedUser37948

Based on your previous quote, it holds a fair bit of relevance. You say you would regroup and get payback on the player that rimmed you. This is another players form of payback.

This is a game, most people want to win the game and don't enjoy losing. You said yourself that you would try and pay the player back for taking your city, that in itself shows that you would take this personally. You're more than likely a better player than the player doing the bolting, therefore you hold a better chance at getting back into the game. Why should this player be denied his own form of payback?

maybe its my pore grammer thats at fault but i feel your have isolated what you wanted and taken my posts out of context harry

it is the motivation behind the payback that makes it agrivating

relocating regrouping and trying to comeback and win the game i feel is what this game is about .

im finding it hard to express this clearly, this is a war game a game of stratergy. personaly i play to test myself against other people if i lose then i was not the better player, odviously there is nothing personal in it no need for payback, if i win there is once again nothing personal
my use of the work payback was maybe a pore choice and missleading sorry

i think this is key to my not being able to comprhend why someone needs payback for taking a city, because it is an intrinsic part of the game. without taking cities the game would be a diferant formate so its something you sign up for and is to be exspected in normal play.

building a city for the sole purpose of bolting is a pervertion of the games mechanics and not true to the core pupose of grepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

You should study some RL wars ZP, ones where enough time has passed to "restart on the rim".

Try the conquest/annexing of Northern Ireland, modern Israel, and the Soviet Union (now mostly Eastern Europe again) and you will see that the victor getting bolted by the dispossessed, often for dozens of generations, is the norm. It is war and :pro:

DeletedUser46395

Where does strategy come into it when you're heavy gold users like you and Queen Viv? Buying an advantage isn't really strategy in my book, and personally, I find that much more immoral (or rather, unfair), but it's still in the rules, so you're entitled to do it - but don't go claiming the moral high ground over anyone else, or claiming that you're somehow playing a purer version of the game than anyone else - you're not, you're simply using the tools available to you, as this guy is. He can't compete with your cash, but he can at least get some satisfaction. I've never had any problem losing a city to someone who's outplayed me, but I do get very annoyed if they've simply bought their way to it - that for me is not true to the core purpose of grepo, and I do look to get revenge on that type of player. And generally, I get it, later in the game when gold isn't as important as skill.

DeletedUser41523

You can use lots of gold and still fail hard. Prime examples of this: Ammonjerro, Spiller, etc.

Just because someone uses gold doesn't make them good. But it doesn't make them bad either. You can have all the gold in the world, if you aren't farming and attacking, then you aren't worth your weight in words. From what I've seen, both Zero Point and Queen Viv have been very aggressive players. So you taking it to a money point is actually unfair. If you chose not to spend money, that's all well and good. I personally choose to gold up every now and then. However, you shouldn't disrespect someone for using gold. Such an action often benefits a team more so than it does themselves and most players recognize that.

Its also unfair to assume that every top player/attacker uses gold. I've known many that have made top 12 ABP without gold use. Unless you're the Detroit Tiger or New York Yankees, then funding seems to go out the window very quickly in this game.

DeletedUser37948

Where does strategy come into it when you're heavy gold users like you and Queen Viv? Buying an advantage isn't really strategy in my book, and personally, I find that much more immoral (or rather, unfair), but it's still in the rules, so you're entitled to do it - but don't go claiming the moral high ground over anyone else, or claiming that you're somehow playing a purer version of the game than anyone else - you're not, you're simply using the tools available to you, as this guy is. He can't compete with your cash, but he can at least get some satisfaction. I've never had any problem losing a city to someone who's outplayed me, but I do get very annoyed if they've simply bought their way to it - that for me is not true to the core purpose of grepo, and I do look to get revenge on that type of player. And generally, I get it, later in the game when gold isn't as important as skill.

im not sure this thread is about whining on about gold users your off topic if you dont like the fact golds part of the game take it up with inno or quit playing dont bore me with it please.
also i know loads of awsome players who use no gold and im sure loads of other people do as well

You should study some RL wars ZP, ones where enough time has passed to "restart on the rim".

Try the conquest/annexing of Northern Ireland, modern Israel, and the Soviet Union (now mostly Eastern Europe again) and you will see that the victor getting bolted by the dispossessed, often for dozens of generations, is the norm. It is war and :pro:

i dont doubt the world is an evil place and that the people who drive the world are quite happy for millions to die for there self service :(

maybe im an idealist in some ways but i will stick to my gunns i dont feel how this player acted was in the spirit of grepolis and i dont want to ever say that perveting the games mechanics to peruse some vendeta is ever right.

DeletedUser10837

maybe im an idealist in some ways but i will stick to my gunns i dont feel how this player acted was in the spirit of grepolis and i dont want to ever say that perveting the games mechanics to peruse some vendeta is ever right.

You know what, I am starting to think I'm being trolled.

DeletedUser46395

im not sure this thread is about whining on about gold users your off topic if you dont like the fact golds part of the game take it up with inno or quit playing dont bore me with it please.
also i know loads of awsome players who use no gold and im sure loads of other people do as well

Ha! Who's whining in this thread? ;) But you've really not begun to understand what I've said; I know gold use is part of the game, and I know in the long run, it's no substitute for skill in this game. Doesn't make me think kindly of the gold whores, though.

i dont doubt the world is an evil place and that the people who drive the world are quite happy for millions to die for there self service :(

My point about gold usage was that you can't possibly be any sort of idealist if you're a gold whore, can you? ;) That seems to have gone way over your head.

Both gold use and bolting are part of the game, and if you don't like the bolting, maybe it's you who should quit the game? You can't expect gold to buy absolutely everything in your favour, you have to take the rough with the smooth, and sometimes that's people behaving in a way you find irrational and annoying that you can't do much about. That's true of life, and true of the game - in fact it's one of the things that makes the game so compelling, it really is a microcosm of life.

DeletedUser41523

Most other worlds would be fighting about politics of the world. Meanwhile, in Nysa we are fighting about bolting. Oh well at least we are civil. :)

I say we all just agree to disagree and get back to the fighting, eh? :)

DeletedUser46762

Dear me, what a great deal of time some of you have, you should be farming. My initial point was, its annoying people decide not to play the game and just bolt a city once a day. Just a general gaming point, that all.

However, I do like the post about when i get bigger. I do not think I am going to grow any taller now!!!

DeletedUser46762

Gold does not come into it. You cannot buy res with gold, you have to work for that. No amount of gold can get you the res needed. I think you are missing the point of the post.

I do not normally post on external, nor even look at, and the comments here have shown how wise that is. I would rather play the game (5 min farming 8 hours a day does it).

Enjoy the bickering.

DeletedUser46395

Dear me, what a great deal of time some of you have, you should be farming. My initial point was, its annoying people decide not to play the game and just bolt a city once a day. Just a general gaming point, that all.

Nothing wrong with what you were saying, just ZP blew it up out of all proportion.

However, I do like the post about when i get bigger. I do not think I am going to grow any taller now!!!

Who said anything about taller? ;)

DeletedUser37948

Do you really believe that? Can you really not read what I've written? Good luck to you, you'll really need it! ;)
yes i have see what you wrote and ive seen similer hundreds of times before.

as for the moral high ground in a twisted way i own it on the gold score, as the hundreds of thousands of pounds i spend on gold proberbly pays for a couple of servers to be launched each year ;) for non golders (cough cough spongers) to benifit from for free

DeletedUser46395

yes i have see what you wrote and ive seen similer hundreds of times before.

as for the moral high ground in a twisted way i own it on the gold score, as the hundreds of thousands of pounds i spend on gold proberbly pays for a couple of servers to be launched each year ;) for non golders (cough cough spongers) to benifit from for free

Yeah, there's some merit in that argument.

FTR, I use some gold myself, I'm not completely against it, just I don't feel that you can complain about the purity of the game if you do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.