Pre-World Therma Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On July 21st our newest world will be opened. Feel free to discuss the world in this thread and as always this thread will be moved to the new world's forum and closed once the world has been opened. If you are new to the Olympus game mode and would like learn more about it you can check out our wiki here.

World settings:
  • Game speed: 2
  • Unit speed: 2
  • Trade speed: 2
  • Beginners protection: 6 Days
  • Alliance limit: 40
  • Conquer system: Conquest
  • City Foundation Time: 12 Hours
  • Morale: Active
  • Endgame: Olympus

DeletedUser57113

ffs another olympus world. will this endgame be the new norm now?

xFate

Strategos
with a number of worlds ending, are you guys only releasing this one and then the next will come in the standard approximately two months?

speed 2 morale cq with new end game is actually puke-worthy

DeletedUser55951

I've been told there won't be any revolt servers with the new ending...is that true?

ffs another olympus world. will this endgame be the new norm now?
Still better than domination huh?

Having a community vote once in a while to decide the specs of new world wouldn't hurt...i know it's been done in the recent past, but still...

Hydna

Grepolis Team
I've been told there won't be any revolt servers with the new ending...is that true?

At the moment there is only a conquest endgame for Olympus - we would like to have a revolt option but its complex. I will start a new thread about this and explain as here is for the new world.

DeletedUser50541

Another 12 hr CQ world with Morale + slower speed + Olympus = No Thanks!

DeletedUser41523

Wouldn’t it be best to remove morale? Asking because 2 speed tends to be built around a blend of the experienced, the somewhat experienced, and the not so experienced and is really more the speed that a casual player or newer player would likely pick in my experience.

Because of low morale drivers, morale on conquest adds an extra element of attacking and defending that new comers won’t know about.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
This frankly is not different enough. It really needed to be at least 1 of a few things to differentiate itself from Sidon. 1) Be speed 1 or 5/6. 2 is too close to 3, 2) be revolt, which you’ve explained, doesn’t exist, or 3) have morale turned off.

xFate

Strategos
@Hydna : as you've requested

Why do we have two olympus worlds back-to-back tho. It's a game-mode that is still going through its first live test and as from what I'm hearing, its not the most bug-free environment.

Why don't you let the first world end before introducing more. When it gets closer to end game with the large temples, you may encounter many more bugs than previously thought, and you will have to deal with them not only in one world, but two.

TheLastCrusader

Phrourach
Personally I wanted to join the new world but after seeing these stats definitely dont want to. Another morale world,speed 2 really? And same new endgamemode? Everyone who wanted to try this gamemode will have joined the last server. Honestly dont see this world having any serious contenders and will probably die out pretty quickly if it ever picks off in the first place.

DeletedUser56221

I agree with most here---releasing almost an identical Olympus Server is borderline insulting. The comment ...'releasing a Revolt Olympus Server is complex'.... is a testament to the over lack of planning and deep dive research lacking overall.
Additionally, the "pass over" for revolt players is a slight. I guess we need to find other games to spend our $$ on?

destroxxi

Phrourach
So are we no longer going to have end games based on revolt n conquest or is it now dom = revolt conq = olympus? Just asking idc either way so.

1saaa

Strategos
I know quite a few revolt players were waiting for a revolt olympus server to try it out (myself included).

If Inno can't figure out how to make it function then fair enough. Its not like you guys have a large number of knowledgable players to help provide a solution to this problem or anything. Nope. Not at all.

Sarcasm aside snubbing the revolt community like this is pathetic on Innos part. Especially due to the fact that to my knowledge Olympus being conquest exclusive only came to light properly within the previous few days.

DeletedUser56221

I know quite a few revolt players were waiting for a revolt olympus server to try it out (myself included).

If Inno can't figure out how to make it function then fair enough. Its not like you guys have a large number of knowledgable players to help provide a solution to this problem or anything. Nope. Not at all.

Sarcasm aside snubbing the revolt community like this is pathetic on Innos part. Especially due to the fact that to my knowledge Olympus being conquest exclusive only came to light properly within the previous few days.
Well, they have a lot less knowledgeable players then they had a few years ago, when there were over 10,000 players dropping on a new server, every server..... but their concerns, requests and opinions were not seen valued or heeded by Grepolis --- so many of those players left the game :(
I have see the Catholic Church change and adapt more quickly. :)

1saaa

Strategos
Well, they have a lot less knowledgeable players then they had a few years ago, when there were over 10,000 players dropping on a new server, every server..... but their concerns, requests and opinions were not seen valued or heeded by Grepolis --- so many of those players left the game :(
I have see the Catholic Church change and adapt more quickly. :)
Their are still obviously sharp and dedicated people playing the game. The fact that Inno is isolating half of its player base with its new endgame is just absurd.

The fact that players heard of this from their friends who sent support tickets in after hearing from other friends and not from any kind of community manager first is just pathetic. HOW CAN YOU MESS UP THIS BADLY?!

DeletedUser52860

Everyone cries out for the abolition of morale in conquest so it can become playable again aaaaand.........!

Status
Not open for further replies.