100 Gold server block ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Look, i not going to complain all day, cos thats not helping anyone so this will be my last post on this subject. There is no point crying over spilled milk, its not going to get back into the bottle.

My main point is: Why was this only done now, when the worst offenders have spent all their gold already, and only those who were kind of mature and only accepted the gold on 6-7 worlds (Which i WAS actually playing at the time) are left to take the stick??

For example, my cousin entered every single possible open world to get his gold. He got about 3k, the exact amount doesnt matter. But hes already spent it all, gaining an ADVANTAGE. I collected gold from 6-7 worlds, and spent none of it. I lose mine, he gets to keep his (spent) gold. Now, if Inno had acted straight away, it would have been fair and EVERYONE would have lost their Illicit gold. But Doing it 2+ weeks AFTER the event has ended only makes this whole farce worse.

And, after having 2 weeks+ to organise this reclaiming, they STILL get it wrong, by taking peoples Honest gold as well. Surely, with having 2 weeks to think about this, things could have been done better and smoother??

Anyway, we all know the muppets that run this company have the mental age of a 12 year old child, and probably dont even ave any real qualifications in running a business. I really cant be bothered wasting my breath on this subject anymore, knowing the CEO's and shareholders dont even care about their product or their customers... They are only interested in their bottom line :rolleyes:

Last post i promise.

DeletedUser23986

10.2 said:
As far as the player has derived benefits herefrom, these - as far as possible - shall be reimbursed. If the bugs or errors were intentionally exploited, this can lead to a termination of the Licensing Agreement and a deletion of the account.

IF WE HAVE INTENTIONALLY EXPLOITED, then why are we gifted 500 gold?

I think Innogames is liable for wilful intent or gross negligence. Anyone can tell my why a paid employee of INNO (tyrion) said Happy holidays from inno[emphasis added] in a thread, where this exploit(so-called) was being discussed.

This exploit came to be known through Mass Mails, however, i would suggest players to use alliance forums to avoid getting banned if you are doing in-alliance campaigning. Mods can delete MMs but cannot touch the ingame forums.

Also those of you who are really offended, i would advise you to ensure to VOTE in each MMO thread you can get.(i am not talking about ones maintained here, you can search in google. Many websites do their own voting for best MMOs). Also you may write to INNO, or post on FB.

BTW, if you are taking away honestly earned gold(by mistake AGAIN), are you guys giving compensation for mental stress caused due to negligence?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This thread and some of it's posters remind me of the stock markets: Everything is done within rules and regulations (usually), yet everybody knows brokers and companies participating in the stock markets are the biggest crooks on earth, abusing morale and principles to the max.

DeletedUser

i was in VM for the advent so did not get any gold
but i was online during the start of the birthday parties and i have bought gold and had the Administrator so when i clicked on starting all my "Birthday Parties" and the countdown was 25 hours!!! instead of 6 hours i lost out on over 500 culture points from the 2 worlds i play and i even sent in a ticket every 6 hours adding up the amount of culture points i was losing
and if they can go and take away gold they should be able to give me the culture points i lost due to that "bug"
it should go both ways
just my opinion

whathell

DeletedUser

Stop calling it a bug, exploit or whatever. Players who joined different worlds didn't get any advantage over anybody- cuz everybody could do it. Inno made this gift and now they are saying- oh, wait-we just were joking around and didn't intended to be giving this gift at all. So for those who were stupid enough to accept this gift, we figured another one- we just will take YOUR gold now.

DeletedUser

This is nothing short of a disgrace, for the following reasons.
1. it could have been stopped on first day, but was approved.
2. what about time wasted collecting the gold ?
3. what about people who spent all theirs ?
4. why did it take so long for grep to act, if it was done in a day or two would be more acceptable.
5. The response to tickets is very poor and somewhat arrogant.
6. We are losing a lot of very good players because of this.
7. It has destroyed a lot of trust between players and Grepo.
l don't think this was really thought out much, very, very poor customer service.

Milos21

Phrourach
In support of Richard's comment, Clause 10.2 of the Terms and Conditions refers to '...bugs or faults in the games progamming and in the course of the game [emphasis added].

While the word programming is used, and would generally refer to the coding used in the game, the second area covered refers to anything done in the game itself. This includes the planning of any special events in-game, special promotions, or any other action which could be done within the game in its current incarnation.

Thats obviously your interpretation of the clause. I dont see a reason why inno specified this instead of using a rather general clause.
Its Inno fault cause this term was not more specific or less specific. Advent calendar can be treated as "Course of the game" is suspicious.

The fact that the clause refers specifically to an 'advantage for the User' clearly indicates that whatever has happened: bug or fault caused from programming or in the course of the game which gives the player any advantage which they would not have otherwise had is covered. The gold exploited on 24 December is something that falls under this. Players deliberately joined multiple worlds on that day for the express purpose of gaining 100 gold from the calendar. As gold can be used on any world a player has an account in, and most of the players having no intention of continuing in the new worlds (and thereby taking up places that new players could have taken), this gold was obtained for the obvious advantage it would give a player in their main world since gold is associated with the Master Account and is not world specific

The players used calendar gifts exactly how the designer planned it, except they used it in all server not only on those they play regularly.
Taking place in all those servers from possible new players is Inno concern, not our concern.

i will reply to the rest of tyrion legal lessons a bit later

DeletedUser23986

tryion said:
The fact that the clause refers specifically to an 'advantage for the User' clearly indicates that whatever has happened: bug or fault caused from programming or in the course of the game which gives the player any advantage which they would not have otherwise had is covered. The gold exploited on 24 December is something that falls under this. Players deliberately joined multiple worlds on that day for the express purpose of gaining 100 gold from the calendar. As gold can be used on any world a player has an account in, and most of the players having no intention of continuing in the new worlds (and thereby taking up places that new players could have taken), this gold was obtained for the obvious advantage it would give a player in their main world since gold is associated with the Master Account and is not world specific
Exactly. The reward was associated with and was for the master account. We collected it in master account. The reward wasn't world-specific, so it does NOT matter whether we played the world or not. Its how i view it. If you are giving a gift to master account, how can you claim, i should use in a specific world?

tnc said:
10.2 It is prohibited to exploit bugs or faults in the games' programming and in the course of the game which could represent an advantage for the User for personal and/or third party purposes. Should the User discover any bugs, he/she must notify InnoGames without delay. As far as the player has derived benefits herefrom, these - as far as possible - shall be reimbursed. If the bugs or errors were intentionally exploited, this can lead to a termination of the Licensing Agreement and a deletion of the account.
It says:
It is prohibited to exploit bugs or faults (in the games' programming and )in the course of the game. Was it a fault? Were we notified of it being a fault? Were we denied when we asked? or were we answered with 'winks' or "enjoy the gift" or "merry Christmas from inno". HOW CAN YOU CLAIM IT TO BE A FAULT?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think our point has been made guys.....the gold is back :D

I would like to thank inno for reversing this as I feel most had given up hope and were ready to just carry on playing. Common sense has prevailed and we can get back to enjoying the gold we EXPLOITED (starting to like this word :D).

I would also like to say that the mods were fantastic if not a little misguided in their defence of inno and think that inno should look to rewarding their loyalty too.

Thanks again IG you've made this player a very happy bunny again :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just as much as I was critical of the Company, I have to say "well done" to the Company for taking the right moral approach & returning premium - & well done to the Mods for taking a lot of flak with equanimity!

DeletedUser23986

Hasan, you've been around long enough to know that nothing you say about this sort of thing will change what has already happened.
Now, probably, you need to stay long enough to tell others to speak their mind in the future, rather than stopping them.

THANKS INNO. any chance someone can let me know, why i didn't again get notification :p

DeletedUser

Just as much as I was critical of the Company, I have to say "well done" to the Company for taking the right moral approach & returning premium - & well done to the Mods for taking a lot of flak with equanimity!

Agreed.

I'd also ask the people who intentionally joined those worlds... just to take advantage of a loophole in the system... to contemplate the justness of their actions.

This world is what we choose to make it.

Richard

Strategos
Hi guys,

Yes, Inno made the decision in the last couple of hours to revert the gold removal. I wanted to clear up that they changed their mind due to player feedback myself and my fellow Community Managers from other communities passed on to them, about the poor reception it had received. I apologise on their behalf for the action being taken in the first place, but we will treat it as a learn, and go from there. I hope this goes some way to proving to you that Innogames do care about their players, and feedback given from you guys.

I wanted to also state, line in the sand style, that the change was not reverted in any way whatsoever due to any potential legal ramifications. They reverted the change solely on player and CM feedback. I think it shows great customer service for them to be able to admit when they have made a mistake, and do something about it.

I hope you all see that Inno want change for the good for this game, and that we can move on from this with a renewed sense of mutual respect.

Thanks

Richard

DeletedUser6029

I think our point has been made guys.....the gold is back :D

I would like to thank inno for reversing this as I feel most had given up hope and were ready to just carry on playing. Common sense has prevailed and we can get back to enjoying the gold we EXPLOITED (starting to like this word :D).

I would also like to say that the mods were fantastic if not a little misguided in their defence of inno and think that inno should look to rewarding their loyalty too.

Thanks again IG you've made this player a very happy bunny again :D

my thinking is, if they could prove who "exploited" the loophole, those people should not get the gold back. While they may not have broken the rules, they broke the intent of the rules. Shame on you!!

my only beef was the broad doing of this without proof they targeted only those guilty.

DeletedUser29371

Hi guys,

Yes, Inno made the decision in the last couple of hours to revert the gold removal. I wanted to clear up that they changed their mind due to player feedback myself and my fellow Community Managers from other communities passed on to them, about the poor reception it had received. I apologise on their behalf for the action being taken in the first place, but we will treat it as a learn, and go from there. I hope this goes some way to proving to you that Innogames do care about their players, and feedback given from you guys.

I wanted to also state, line in the sand style, that the change was not reverted in any way whatsoever due to any potential legal ramifications. They reverted the change solely on player and CM feedback. I think it shows great customer service for them to be able to admit when they have made a mistake, and do something about it.

I hope you all see that Inno want change for the good for this game, and that we can move on from this with a renewed sense of mutual respect.

Thanks

Richard

Yeh IG finally realized that they would loose alot more with XY% of playerbase voting them developers and Grepolis a stealing game so they swallowed up the xxxx gold pieces collected and will live on.

Greedy robbers almost got away with it, luckily community still has some temperament and bombs such actions as they should've been.

But thing is IG lost alot that day... and the world I am playing on and many more is our last.

my thinking is, if they could prove who "exploited" the loophole, those people should not get the gold back. While they may not have broken the rules, they broke the intent of the rules. Shame on you!!

my only beef was the broad doing of this without proof they targeted only those guilty.

its no shame, because EVERYONE KNEW GOLD GOES TO MASTER ACCOUNT and EVERYONE KNEW we can join multiple servers, IF IG did NOT want to make this loophole they could simply put a gift fo extending either advisor for 14 days and youd pick.

no loophole 5 seconds more programming. no problems, no reputation LOST.

Now alot of players might not return or might not spend gold.

So congratulations to IG for the right move, but shame on them overall.

Richard is a good lad he cares I see that, but thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.