2.0 Update Survey Results

DeletedUser

Dead Eyed Submarine is asking for evidence. Do you have that? No. You're just saying it. Try to back your statements up before you just shout them out.
Besides like said befoe,this is the english server,not the dutch. The outcome could be entirely different.

Well we are all human, so the reaction will actually be quite similar.

DeletedUser17043

Well we are all human, so the reaction will actually be quite similar.

I said could,meaning it is a possibility. However you confidently say it will,meaning you assume it will be the same result. However you can't predict the future can you?

DeletedUser5

Well there will be more consequences this way. And anyways give me evidence of people saying they are quitting unless they upgrade?

Yet another statement made without any evidence to back it up.

I don't have evidence to state this fact, but there are countless forum pms, skype chats, support tickets that I have received over the last year, about the fact that people will quit if there is no upgrade. I have received these from the opposite, people stating they'll quit if there is the upgrade.

Being a community manager, you get a pretty good understanding about who wants what, that's the best evidence I can give you.

DeletedUser5

No one I know said yes... And I know MANY players lol. That's why this doesn't make any sense...

Congratulations. I can say without a doubt that you don't know thousands of players.

Therefore your arguments are moot, since thousands of players voted on this survey.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Congratulations. I can say without a doubt that you don't know thousands of players.

Therefore your arguments are moot, since thousands of players voted on this survey.

Never said thousands. All of the players I have spoke with have said no...

+ The majority in this thread have said no as well.

I bet it was some noobs who don't even know what 2.0 is and thought "Oooohhh an upgraded version with enhanced graphics, ooohh a new god blah blah blah"

Those type of players were probably the ones who voted. But I can guarantee that the overwhelming majority of the largest players in worlds Alpha-PI voted NO. Again, making the worlds very boring if they quit.

DeletedUser10837

Because they are DIFFERENT SERVERS! I also play the Spanish server... and the beta... fun ^_^

If the evidence is there on the Dutch forum, point me to it. I can use Google translator. Hard numbers: they should be recorded in a verifiable form unless you're talking out of your .

This stat doesn't seem real to me based on my own experience with upgrades on the Swedish regional server. So I want the proof.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry but what the hell?

Every 1.0 player I have asked and seen said NO to 2.0, this doesn't make any sense... Innogames will lose a lot of loyal players over this silly decision. It will also make the old worlds ranging from Alpha-Pi very boring.

Even alliances are holding there own privates surveys and are gathering signatures against upgrading the 1.26 worlds to 2.0 because we all believe this is false and wrong. Sorry but I don't believe this one bit.

As many players have said... LEAVE THE 1.26 WORLDS AS THEY ARE! Or there will be consequences. Enough said.

James

I know a number of people who voted yes. We ran a survey in my 1.0 alliance and 60% said they voted yes.

DeletedUser

If the evidence is there on the Dutch forum, point me to it. I can use Google translator. Hard numbers: they should be recorded in a verifiable form unless you're talking out of your .

This stat doesn't seem real to me based on my own experience with upgrades on the Swedish regional server. So I want the proof.

The grepostats for The Dutch is down right now :( but whateverr i am done arguing. this is pointless. but whatever people. lose players

DeletedUser10837

I already had a look at the Dutch grepostats earlier today and it didn't seem like a lot of players quit, that's why I am asking for your proof.

DeletedUser5

Never said thousands. All of the players I have spoke with have said no...

+ The majority in this thread have said no as well.

I bet it was some noobs who don't even know what 2.0 is and thought "Oooohhh an upgraded version with enhanced graphics, ooohh a new god blah blah blah"

Those type of players were probably the ones who voted. But I can guarantee that the overwhelming majority of the largest players in worlds Alpha-PI voted NO. Again, making the worlds very boring if they quit.

Please quantify your responses, stating "all the players I've spoken to" means nothing. That could be 5, 10, in which case your points are irrelevant.

Take an experiment where flipping a coin will help you predict the probability of how it will land.

Experiment 1: flipping the coin once, the coin lands on heads.
Result: the coin will always land heads.

Experiment 2: flipping the coin 10 times, the coin lands heads 7 times, tails 3 times.
Result: there is a 70% chance that a coin will land heads. 30% that it will land tails.

Experiment 3: flipping the coin 1000 times, the coin lands 550 times heads, 450 times tails.
Result: there is a 55% chance of the coin landing heads, 45% of the coin landing tails.

Which experiment is more reliable?

Clearly experiment 3 is more reliable, since more people have been asked. Applying this logic to your statements will make you see why your points are ridiculous, and why you should probably stop trying to "prove" any points in this thread.

DeletedUser17088

There is officially no point in anyone posting in this thread, for or against. This change is happening so get over it, embrace it for what it is and fight for improvements or sling your hook, you will be replaced by many willing and happy people who like 2.0 and game progression. Every point you put forward people have tried to answer yet it falls on deaf stubborn ignorant ears

Frankly I am shocked half of you have access to the internet and a computer with such an attitude to advancement

Neg rep me to your hearts content by the way but please sign it if you do :)

DeletedUser10837

FotNS, I work in software development and I can tell you it doesn't matter who the customer is, they always hate the new software and cling to the old. Then the new software becomes the old and they cling to that instead. Lather, rinse, repeat.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Hmmm.

However, if there are people complaining that they will quit because 1.26 worlds aren't being updated to 2.0, then they should just join 2.0 worlds... Simple.

But as I said, I believe there will be consequences, majority of the Larger players will leave in the older worlds, causing the worlds to be boring. Loyal Premium customers will stop paying and leave... Might as well just restart the old worlds.

Leave the 1.26 worlds as they are. We old school players prefer it that way.

This will be my last post anyway... I will see if the top 15 alliances hold polls in Eta for against 2.0.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Now you're getting it.

IMO, there is no way you are going to change inno's mind. Unless told otherwise, I would start adjusting your strategy so you are ready once the switch is made.

then why is this thread even here? if you didn't want a rebelion you shouldn't have posted this forum

DeletedUser

then why is this thread even here? if you didn't want a rebelion you shouldn't have posted this forum

The thread here is fine, some discussion is fine, but this topic keeps getting brought up and beat to death. There is no constructive posting going on.

DeletedUser17088

Hmmm.

However, if there are people complaining that they will quit because 1.26 worlds aren't being updated to 2.0, then they should just join 2.0 worlds... Simple.

But as I said, I believe there will be consequences, majority of the Larger players will leave in the older worlds, causing the worlds to be boring. Loyal Premium customers will stop paying and leave... Might as well just restart the old worlds.

Leave the 1.26 worlds as they are. We old school players prefer it that way.

this just shows you have no idea what you are talking about

People want their current 1x worlds upgraded and when the new version was announced many assumed every world would get it in the first place, which is why in Kappa we prepared a wonder island

You keep saying people will leave, so what? the rate of people joining the newer 2.0 worlds shows that 2.0 is very popular and if all the old players leave that is not an issue, the user base will simply drop below 1000 players and the world is reset and launched as 'alpha 2.0' where new players will just join. The old guard will be forgotten and quit for no reason,

So I ask you and all other users this question

Would you rather lots of 1x players quit
or
they stayed and helped improve the version that they do not like?