2.04 -

DeletedUser3393

http://zz.grepolis.com/

You can see from the news feed that the public beta world 3 was updated on 27/05/2011.

A considerable amount of time before it went onto live servers ;)
The testing either wasn't enough, or wasn't thorough because quite a few new bugs popped into the game with 2.04. some of the few are listed in Bugs forums already.

The current maximum is 10 hours, if you want to suggest more please do so in the ideas forum ;)

Yes sorry for that, I will do that.

DeletedUser

About the Beta Server:
1. The new Farning System was intorduced on the server prior to it coming here, I got two complaints about it there. Nowhere near the the volume that is here. Even in the Survey we sent out 5 days after this update went live there the vast majority of complaints was about the number of untranslated phrases.

2. There are a number of bugs that have made it through to the regular servers. We have a number of bugs that have been reported, but not yet fixed. There are also a number of suggestions that the Developers are working on. They did take of all of the more serious issues, before this update came here.

Sigismund
Beta Server Community Manager

DeletedUser

The beta server is speed 10. this means farming is not a must.

DeletedUser

Well, I was one of the folks that thought the farming in 1.26 was annoying but not tedious. But that’s nothing to multiple islands in 2.0x. Let's do some simple maths comparing the systems (with the aim to gain the same amount of total resources in the two worlds)

1. 1.26 world (1x speed, no diplomacy)

Using 5 clicks (grepofarmer) I can farm 6,005 resources in 1 village. That’s a total of 48,040 resources using a total of 40 mouse clicks every 48h.

I would have to log on say every 30 minutes to send a farming run. Sending a farming run takes about 20 seconds (again with grepofarmer). So to complete the farming of my island I would be forced to spend about 3 minutes active time in a 4h window per every 48h.

2. 2.04 world (1x speed, no diplomacy, 8 villages level 6)
Using 3 clicks I can farm 60 resources in 1 village. That’s a total of 480 resources using a total of 24 mouse clicks. To gain a total of 48,000 resources I’d have to use a total of 2,400 mouse clicks every 5 minutes for about 8h. But with the reasoning to gain the same amount within the same time I can spread those 8h out over 48h.

So, I’d have to log on about twice every hour for 48h to do a 5 minute farming run. Each run takes me about 20s to complete (something thereabouts). So I’d have to spend 30 minutes of actively farming every 48h.

Summary
To summarize, yes you can gain lots and lots of more resources in grepolis 2.x. But, in order to get those you need to use about 60+ times the number of mouse clicks compared to grepolis 1.x. Furthermore, the time to actively farm is (at least to me) greatly increased in 2.x. To put it short, I never thought farming was a chore until I started 2.x. Sad to see that all the improvements go down the drain due to the farming system. I guess this partly explains why in average about 1.5 towns on every islands grow larger than 250 points.

Those are my thoughts. I’ll probably change my mind once I got 10+ towns and don’t have the need to farm. But I’ll never join a 2.x world again unless I’ve got a dang good reason to do so. A shame really since I enjoy the game otherwise.

DeletedUser

Picking up the possibility of a 'farmer' being added to the list of premium features as a justification for screwing up the booty research to force you into 5min demands.

Should the Administrator not be capable of organising group farming demands per island?
If mine doesn't do it soon - I'm firing his ***!

Come on guys - allow us to reset booty research for free or,
Put it back to how it was or,
Let us farm all conquered villages with one click per island.

There is no way people will stick with this en masse with 20+ cities on 20+ islands.
Tedious is already an understatement.

DeletedUser18636

... I was going to say, that yes on speed 10x farming is not the problem. Therefore, you cannot take that seriously into account while you implement changes regarding farming.
For us on Upsilon this change is UNBEARABLE.

This really annoys...

DeletedUser2795

About the Beta Server:
1. The new Farning System was intorduced on the server prior to it coming here, I got two complaints about it there. Nowhere near the the volume that is here. Even in the Survey we sent out 5 days after this update went live there the vast majority of complaints was about the number of untranslated phrases.

2. There are a number of bugs that have made it through to the regular servers. We have a number of bugs that have been reported, but not yet fixed. There are also a number of suggestions that the Developers are working on. They did take of all of the more serious issues, before this update came here.

Sigismund
Beta Server Community Manager
I know that I had an account (briefly) on the beta server (I decided that other people weren't active enough), but I hadn't researched booty, so I thought that all they had done was improve the times, because without booty, that is what it looks like.

DeletedUser

Nowhere near the the volume that is here.

I'm from the french community and I can tell you that the problem is the same in our forum.
There is a lot of thread about that and players just don't like it.
They ALL dislike the new modification..

Maybe you should open you eyes and stop just watching yourself ?
Or at least make a survey In Game to know who like/dislike it, you gonna see.

Sorry for my english :p

DeletedUser

Don't blame/accuse Sigismund. It's not his fault. And besides, the input he received from the beta server is the basis he has to work with.

But of course I do believe we have a say too, otherwise we wouldn't be complaining. :)

DeletedUser

Just to add my voice. I have only played on 1 world before, and now playing on Phi. Every change to 2 is an improvement with the exception of farming. I'm actually NOT looking forward to getting my second city, which makes me wonder whether it is worth playing on.

DeletedUser18636

It doesn't... And if this stays the same... I am going to quit this game... If I wanted farming => I would play Farmville or smthng... Isn't this a war game???
And there is NO OFFICIAL RESPONSE. This drives me crazy... One more week of their ignorance... I call it quits for me
Not a lot of people have nerves for a speed 1 world with this farming system

DeletedUser

And there is NO OFFICIAL RESPONSE. This drives me crazy... One more week of their ignorance...

This thread is directly linked from the Announcement about the 2.04 update... This discussion thread is clearly being read and taken into consideration. Just relax.

DeletedUser

Some food for thought for you Gentlemen.
The latest iteration of the numbers for Demand/Looting from the Beta at World Speed 4.01(Skullyhoof take note)

New204farmingnumbers.jpg

DeletedUser

Some food for thought for you Gentlemen.
The latest iteration of the numbers for Demand/Looting from the Beta at World Speed 4.01(Skullyhoof take note)
the 'pick a world' screen said speed 10 :p

Anyways, this are the same values as we have now, where is the food?! :D

DeletedUser2795

I was always confused by that, on the pick a world screen it does say 10 :S

DeletedUser

my resources have gone down as i get most of my resources from farming.......

all i can say is that

MY FINGER HURTS, MY EYES HURT FROM STRAINING, MY LAPTOP CLICKY THING IS GETTING DESTYOED....... AND MY BRAIN HURTS FROM NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP.....

DeletedUser

im sure enough has been said, but just throwing it out there farming defiantly needs to be changed