2.46 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Island Quests

Feel free to discuss the new changelog for version 2.46 in this thread. The full changelog can be viewed here.

Since the last update, the cost of island quests has become too high, or too many troops need to be sent in order to receive favor etc.

I had a increased favor that was going to cost me 5400 silver, and another asking me to station 540 troops, more than I had in the city, smaller/new players would never manage to do a quest, and larger players are beginning to bypass the quests altogether.

DeletedUser

Wait for the hero's, they will make the quests more worth it i think.

DeletedUser

Since the last update, the cost of island quests has become too high, or too many troops need to be sent in order to receive favor etc.

I had a increased favor that was going to cost me 5400 silver, and another asking me to station 540 troops, more than I had in the city, smaller/new players would never manage to do a quest, and larger players are beginning to bypass the quests altogether.

i know what your saying, cost me 8400 silver to get improved favour and 7800 wood just for an improved construction, thats crazy..

guess i wont be bothering with those quests anymore

DeletedUser

new quests= stupidly hard, some of them should have been easier this is one of the most ridiculous things inno has ever done.

DeletedUser36146

I have to say I do love the one where it costs you 44 units to kill off blah blah

your reward - 32 units LOL

DeletedUser

today's quest was 13.5hrs + reduced defence for favour upgrade or 3k resources for some hoplites. It just doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser

they need to go back to the easier ones, some of the quests where really good and helpful like improved attack, favour and defense etc...

and then improved building times, but there stupid now and way too hard to do, 8k res to get improved buildings, to then not be able to build much

DeletedUser

hopefully they will get this message, yes quests are now effectively useless.

annette61

Phrourach
I have to agree with the Quest now being a waste of time when it cost so much for the Quest.Improved Contruction now cost 2800 wood 2800 rock and 11800 silver.It was nice to have in the beginning as finerly you got something back but now you have priced it out of being realistic totatly spoils the game.

DeletedUser21774

I am posting here at the request of my game moderator - so don't shoot me!!!

[9/28/13 6:14:47 PM] Dustballs1: I had to dispatch 480 'units' to get a chariot quest last night
[9/28/13 6:15:04 PM] Dustballs1: very hard to do when you are a chariot city and a chariot counts the same as a slinger

I've been speaking to other players. Some have said there was 30 hours lost loyalty, and other quests demand 20,000 in resources. I truly believe programmer error has caused the grotesquely excessive costs to be assessed.

Programmers: Error or new "policy"?

DeletedUser

I think heroes will some how make it better. I am very hopeful for this new inclusion, I just hope it does not become a flop

DeletedUser21774

I just got 2 quests
#1. Defeat 72 slingers
#2. Suffer weakened attack for 12 hours! LOL. And if you accept it, it says you have a plague!

Perchance are the quests more of a roulette wheel? If so, it could be interesting...

annette61

Phrourach
I was wondering if you would consider changeing the island quest back to the way they were.You have made these changes when i am in the process of world wonders in Lamia and soon to start in Olympia.The island quest are now out priced their use it is longer worth haveing them when you want favour you have weakend defence for 12 hours and to have that on a ww island is not good then there is also another one that asked for 2800 wood and 2800 rock and 11800 silver that is almost half of what your ware house holds so where do you think that these quest are now worth it.I under stand that it adjusts to the size of the player but we allready pay a high cost for being a good player.There are many players that use gold in the game which in turn supports you and the game but now we are getting nothing in return.The quest in the beginning were like we got a little back but now you have priced beyond useing.which iin my eyes is now ruining the game.This is not fair coming into ww thank you for your time Annette61

DeletedUser

you should reduce the cost,First you reduced the effectiveness of the island quests and now increase the cost,This is not good.
We are paying more and getting less!!