2.85 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser23986

In 2.85, the team worked on the different technical tasks but also managed to squeeze a few nice improvements which are, for most of them, mainly visuals.
few nice improvements, which are mainly visuals! Is this some sort of sarcasm?

What about some 'not so nice' improvements which increase the speed of game, and reduce lags.

DeletedUser

There was nothing wrong with the visuals in the first place.

Seriously inno, sort out the paramount problems otherwise you will not have a game to fix anymore.

DeletedUser

Who cares about the visual effects. The lag on the servers needs to be fixed along with the simulator and a lot of other things, you guys take no consideration into the ideas thread.

DeletedUser40768

"Why not join our forums, and continue the fun from your world? Click here to find your world! Have you registered for our forums? If not, please click here to register. "

This was a nice little addition to see at the end of the ingame message. Hope it helps bring more people here :) Actually now I am starting to wonder if they always said that, as I don't usually read the ingame messages :eek:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
They do always say that. At least Rich's ingame messages do, I don't want to speak for the other communities although I assume they do something similar.

DeletedUser

While we appreciate the effort and time that goes into visual improvements and new graphics, I was OK with the old graphics and visuals. I read these forums regularly, and I don't ever recall a single complaint or request to improve the visual or graphic qualities of the game. Not even one.

Other players are certainly welcome to chime in and comment if they feel differently, but the top three areas I see players comment about are:
1-The end game.
2-Lag and delays in game play.
3-Game imbalances due to excessive gold use and/or rewards from special events.

If your paying customers are telling you they are ready to quit over these 3 problem areas (which I see several times a week), maybe try to fix these areas. Or at least share with those customers that you are aware of their concerns and are trying to fix them. Just a thought.

DeletedUser27128

few nice improvements, which are mainly visuals! Is this some sort of sarcasm?

What about some 'not so nice' improvements which increase the speed of game, and reduce lags.

This^^. The game doesn't run because of graphics... in fact it would be faster WITHOUT all the fancy graphics and animations.

Zarun-

Strategos
Despite all the complaints, I have to say the new visuals are pretty darn good!

I'm impressed and I like it.

kKElr15.jpg

DeletedUser

why is the trade with villages changed?? horrible change. it should not be labeled as an improvement.

grepolis players have gotten used to how this works now for years. and then suddenly you reverse it. that is very very bad in a usability perspective. imagine if you every other week would change which side of the road you drive on?

thumbs down for this change. seems they are changing for the sake of changing rather than doing anything useful with the game.
like providing us the ability to configure the clock within the app.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The change was done so that the ratio placement was the same as other similar exchange features such as the Phoenician Merchant who displays his resources in the same way and has always done it that way.

Thibron

Phrourach
Another "bright" idea. This is another decision on a change that has no point other than to change. Next, Why don't they change attack to mean defend and defend to mean attack. That is the logic. Inno does things like this that make you want to walk away. Just another pain in the ....

DeletedUser21774

Sorry if you got a ton of bug reports because of the farm trading *reversed ratios* - freaked me out.
When I saw there were improvements, I immediately clicked on the market to see if the lag bug was fixed. *no*
added: when the trade ratio is less than one, it nows reads like a great deal.
1:1.54 does *not* mean good news folks. It means that you get 649 of something and YOU PAY 1000 for it. Can you spell *flim flam*?
Checked to see if I could stop paying gold through the nose for units and just 1/2 the barracks time instead. *no*
ok. So this was just an artists paradise? So checked my city for special effects like guys coming out of the little house on the off-shore island. *no*
Did this make it so mobile users could see bb codes in reports? *unknown*
Those are the glaring fundamentals.
I'm sure you made modifications, but since I play the game in snippets and not on the family wall hung television - they are lost to me.
Congratulations to your artists. Give em a raise on my next building acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43952

visual improvements looks nice but switching the villages trade goods qtty's
are not. Will work for those peoples which are reading from the right to the left.

thx for reading this.

p.s. it is a quote which sounds like that: if it doesn't broke, don't fix it.

DeletedUser21774

The change was done so that the ratio placement was the same as other similar exchange features such as the Phoenician Merchant who displays his resources in the same way and has always done it that way.

Heaven knows, we all see the merchant far more than the farming screens. (I don't have an eye roll gif).

DeletedUser5819

This hurts my head :(

We got used to all the little crinkles, and now after literally years, they go and reverse things.
Yes its logical to have things the same way around, but that should be sanity checked at the start. :/

DeletedUser

What moron signed that change off? Did it not, at ANY point, occur to someone that you could have CHANGED THE WAY THE MERCHANT DISPLAYS? We see the merchant at most once a day (a lot less in reality because the notification that the merchant's in town has NEVER WORKED), why in god's name wasn't that changed instead of something that we've all used EVERY 5 MINUTES FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS?

This makes me so angry I can hardly type!

DeletedUser21625

i just got suckered in by this trading *improvement* as well. After years of doing it one way, just sneak in something completely opposite. Some crazy kind of whimsy Grepo has going on .

DeletedUser

Error in resource ratio by farming villages

Feel free to post any questions or feedback about the update coming out on the 22nd in this thread.

the resources Ratio in farming villages is wrong - normaly it is 1:1,25 or 1:1,35 - now it is set to 1,25:1 or 1,35:1
please correct this error quickly - I am loosing masses of resources :(