Passed Account Sitting Feature

Would you like to see this idea in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1483

Proposal
A sitter for your account while someone is away. (Unable to get onto their account, without an internet connection etc.)

Current Workaround
Currently there is the "Vacation mode". This mode i think is an ok idea, but players could benefit alot more from a sitter. Currently going into "Vacation mode" stops your resources and also makes you unable to be attacked. If it were to be replaced it means that valuable days of resource and build up would not be lost. Being able to not be attacked while your away may be a good thing, but may be a tad unrealistic. This problem would be removed with a sitter.

Details
My idea is not an original one, its the idea such as in "Tribal wars".
A sitter can be assigned to the account while the main user is away. Thus enabling resources to be used and build up to continue while the main account holder is away from an internet connection or cannot be online.

Variations could include only allowing a certain amount of "sitting days" such as in the current "vacation mode".

Abuse Prevention
- Preventing trade between the sitter and the main account holder for duration of sitting and also 24hours after sitting had ended. (this includes 3rd parties, such as in your rules about shared internet connections, something similar to this.)
- Preventing the main user from logging on while sitting is in progress, if the main user DOES log on then the sitting is discontinued.

Are just 2 ways to prevent abuse.

Allowing a pre-set number of times that a user can let other people account sit?

I.E "you can only activate account sitting 2 more times"

- Allowing only a certain amount of times that someone can sit your account. This is reset every month. This would prevent people from abusing the sitting system to stay on 24/7. People can only use it for when they are away for longer periods etc.

Summary
I believe this would add to the game experience, giving another option to further yourself even while you are away.

Id like some constructive thoughts on this obviously, just putting the idea out there to be added to this game.

Feel free to rip it to shreds if it is deserved.

Administration
I am not sure if this has been suggested already, it was not in the suggestions previously said.

Thank you,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1.[thread=345]use the Idea form format[/thread]

2.how would you prevent abuse?

3. and if this is a question you have got it in the wrong forum room

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1483

Sorry i will revise the original.

As for a question this is an idea. Not a question. :)

Chris

DeletedUser

You can't abuse Vacation mode as you still get attacked within the 24 hour mark so no matter what you can't abuse it.

DeletedUser1483

You can't abuse Vacation mode as you still get attacked within the 24 hour mark so no matter what you can't abuse it.

Hadn't thought of that. Thank you. Again have revised original. :)

Any thoughts on whether this is actually a good idea or not?

Chris

DeletedUser

Hmm... really thought this would be in the already suggested ideas.

Anyway, I miss account sitting mode. Vacation mode prevents you from being harmed, but also prevents you from keeping up with your alliance. In my alliance, falling behind means you're kicked.

DeletedUser

account sitting also means it is super hard to lose anything if you are virtually never offline.

DeletedUser1483

It didn't seem to be in there, i thought it would have been suggested already aswell.

But it appeared not to be, so i thought it worth posting. :)

I agree with that, you cannot keep up with other alliance members if you have to leave for 5 days. That is alot of time that could be used up. Especially at higher point levels.

Although i'm not in such a strict alliance. :)

Chris

DeletedUser

Strict alliance = strong players

If you join with these strong players and let them know you're going on vacation mode (and let them know when you'll be back), they shouldn't kick you :)

DeletedUser1483

account sitting also means it is super hard to lose anything if you are virtually never offline.

With an account sitting limit though any abuse like that would be avoided. (Although i can't tell if you were putting that as a plus or a minus, id consider that an unfair advantage. Other people may disagree but it seems a bit of an abuse being able to be online 24/7.)

And also, its not like the other person would be able to go on your account anytime you like. You would have to set it to a "sit mode" maybe?

Chris

DeletedUser

With an account sitting limit though any abuse like that would be avoided.

And also, its not like the other person would be able to go on your account anytime you like. You would have to set it to a "sit mode" maybe?

Chris

How about a 2 week account sitting period? then maybe it automatically switches to vacation or just ends?

DeletedUser

would allowing a pre-set number of times that a user can let other people account sit?

DeletedUser

would allowing a pre-set number of times that a user can let other people account sit?

2 times per account, or would it renew itself every 6 months or so?

DeletedUser1483

I like that idea.

Kind of like my one with the certain amount of sitting days.

But calling each "sitting" 1 time and only allowing a certain amount of times sounds alot better.

Chris

DeletedUser

allowing other people to sit your account and every month

seems fair enough

Ok, that clears it up some.

also, would you be able to save up account sitter "points" or is there a maximum?

DeletedUser

Ok, that clears it up some.

also, would you be able to save up account sitter "points" or is there a maximum?

not really

it would just be a counter and resets every month

DeletedUser

i for one could care less really. either way. probably as long as you are not abusing mechanics (say on 24/7) then you will probably be safe. just dont cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.