Wish List Additional Gods

DeletedUser54843

No comment on the fact that I did post ideas early on in this thread? If you want to criticise them, feel free. Never said mine were good either. I just haven't seen quite as many possibilities for abuse (although I admit I may have missed some). :)

All the respects Karl. I think of you very highly and appreciate all the insightful criticism, most of which is very valid. However, you should remember I'm only posting up ideas. Ideas need to be refined, like, the first draft of a script, it/they, need a lot of work in order to become a success. This I leave to the likes of you, and those responsible for Grepolis, the game. Myself, just trying to improve the game, that's all. Most of these ideas will never be implemented in grepo anyway, but hey, it's good to plan and imagine how it could be, and how it would make the game even better. The only problem I had was with you stating that the game is fine as is, and that, except for minor tweaks, it doesn't need significant new improvements. Thinking outside the box is the key to innovation, Grepo won't always be cool and addictive. If Inno fails to improve the game, it will, eventually, become obsolete and disappear from the net. We don't want that, now do we?

DeletedUser54843

APHRODITE
Goddess of Love, Beauty and Procreation.

Spells:
Make Love not War - this spell would add population to the target city (100 additional pop). It can be cast only once every 30 days and no more than twice on the same city. The player casting it would have to be playing Grepolis for 30 days straight, no vacation time allowed meantime. Favor 400
LUST: This spell would be twice the strength of Hera's Desire. Cast it on an attacking army and its strength falls by 20%, although this would not affect Mythical Units! Favor 300?
Longing for Peace - Cast this spell on a city and the units within it will not Attack another city for a specific time period. This could be 12h. Imagine, you suspect enemy alliance is preparing an op against your cities, you and your alliance mates have plenty of Aphrodite's favor available. Since you suspect they could overrun your defenses you cast this spell and are assured the enemy will not attack your cities for some time, giving you a chance to build up.

That's all I got for spells so far.

Myths: Sirens - naval unit, destroys ships. Each Siren unit can take out up to 3 (ls or bir) before being destroyed, and only up to 2 triremes, although, they always would lose a fight against a Hydra.
The other one could be Gorgon, Nemean Lion, or Scylla.

DeletedUser54843

Let me add about ARES again.

He was often portrayed, described, as wearing Hoplite armor, fighting on front lines, causing havoc in enemy's ranks.

One of Ares' spells could be a significant boost to the attack strength of Hoplites!
I'd say +20% attack strength (affecting hoplites only) Spell name: Divine Phalanx.

DeletedUser54192

About Divine Phalanx: I think that's a bit too strong. The idea isn't bad, but personally I would say that it should be taken down to +15% attack strength, unless you have a higher favour cost. That would make it into a Huntress spell for sharp units. While a mirror of another spell, in this case I feel that it wouldn't be a bad addition, just that it needs a higher favour cost, or a lower attack bonus.

(If you do reply to this, my forum name and IGN is Kal. Not Karl.)

DeletedUser54843

Sorry, Kal. Anyway, Here are 3 more possible spells for Ares:

Barrage - Ares aids catapult crews making the cats more powerful on attack. Catapults receive +10% attack strength, favour cost 120. Alternately this could be Hephaestus' fourth spell, as the master craftsman.

Siege Machine - with this spell city receives a Siege Tower, a powerful siege weapon. Although quite impossible I guess, I imagine you could load land units into one of these, say 5 max, units with population cost of 1 only (like slings) and when sending them on attack like that they'd be far better protected from the defenders, giving them a better chance of conquering the city. However, high WOOD production costs as well as population cost could make these not too popular.

AMAZON RAIDER - I think this one would be the best! Ares grants the city this spell is cast on an AMAZON RAIDER! A mounted female warrior, fast moving, excellent attack strength, although quite weak on defence, distance weapon, a land unit. Favor cost 90.

DeletedUser54192

No worries. :)

Barrage - seems quite nice. Is the 10% bonus also to their damage vs walls, or just their damage on other units? Either way, I think you could actually make it a bit more powerful. Huntress boosts all ranged units by 10%, for only 100 favour. I don't know if it boosts a catapult's damage vs walls, or just vs units. Given that by using barrage, you would be using a buff that won't help the OLU accompanying the catapults, I think that this spell basically balances itself so long as you don't go too overboard on the percentage damage increase.

Siege machine - I think the idea is fun. Personally, I can't wrap my head around it, but that's me, not the idea, so no comment.

Amazon Raider - nice idea. In my mind I am thinking of the sort of offensive counterpart to a centaur? Is that inline with the sort of idea you were going for?

DeletedUser54843

Barrage would boost both strengths for cats, vs walls and vs units, that's why I went with 10% only.

Siege Machine - this would gift the city a Siege Tower, a powerful, wheeled siege weapon, moved by human hands. This unit could work in 2 different ways:
Option 1 Siege Tower boosts the strength of offensive units in the army it's part of (if the attacking army is accompanied by a Siege Tower all units within the army receive offensive strength boost). However, for this boost to occur, there must be walls in the city.
Option 2: Siege Tower acts as a tough to destroy Land Transport for Offensive (Attacking) armies. Players would load up to 50 (sorry, the orignal post says 5, my mistake) land units of 1 unit population onto it (hops, slings) and the Tower would protect them once the attack starts, boosting their offensive strength by a specific number determined by the Wall level of the city being attacked. After the attack ends the tower is by itself, units it was carrying having unloaded during the attack.
Overall these Siege Towers could be fearsome offensive weapons but only effective against Walled Cities. Once the spell is cast the city could a few additional Siege Towers (or an unlimited amount). Towers build in the city after the original spell Siege Machines was cast, would also require significant res to build, namely wood, be slow moving, and require a number of free population. These towers would be very difficult to destroy, sharp weapons would be best for that as well as Catapults receiving a significant bonus when fighting off Siege Towers, giving an additional reason to keep some cats in the city for defence. This would be a costly spell to cast, because it not only grants the Siege Tower, it allows the city capability to build more. I'd say 440 favor.

Gift of an Amazon - Think that's better a better name for this spell. You cast this spell and the target city receives a female horse archer, Amazon Raider. Dangerous warrior on attack, very fast land unit (speed 75), distance weapon (strength 55), population cost 3, favor 90 (or something around that). However, defensively very weak, to all weapon types (vs blunt 11 vs sharp 6 vs distance 5). Basically, a great unit for fast attacks, although carry only 33 loot each, but useless in defense.
Like Hephaestus' Axemen, these units you could only get through a certain spell but they'd be fun to have in the game.

DeletedUser53908

However, the second option is to make the Crossroads spell even more powerful and dangerous (or create another Hecate spell), where the affected attacking army loses their way and goes off and attacks another, random city! (although never one of the owner's cities, or his/her alliance's). Imagine, you sent a powerful attack, put a spell on it and went off to work, meanwhile, the defending player Purified your spell with Artemis and used Hecate's Crossroads on it and your attack ended up attacking a city of a much stronger player/alliance than yours!-the trouble you might be in as a result...

Wow, how would this work with travel times if I cast with 10 seconds left before the incoming attack does it land in the random city in 10 seconds? My boyfriend @Fluvisol would totally abuse this spell nobody's troops would ever be safe he would constantly use the random attack on his own attacks he doesn't care who's troops die.
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif