Top 12 Alliances Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser24334
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Best Alliance Name Award

For a change to Top 12 I meanwhile give away Best Alliance Name Award.
This goes .... drum roll ........... to (F)WeHaveCandyGetInTheVan(F).
Winners please PM me and claim coupon worth 2000 silver to buy more spray colors for your van graffiti.
-----------------------
PS! I hope you guys float around long time, but never make Top 12 and thus become part of mainstream.

DeletedUser

All right everyone. A little early still but I thought it worth having a proper intro. Anyone who paid attention to the externals for Lindos, knows that I have a tendency for long posts so I apologize. You will also note, I dont make sink or swim predictions. Simply observations of the world.

1.) Nexus: Opened the world at number 1 and has survived the first few days of shake down. Word across the boards suggest these guys are snatching up as many players as they can, and because of it, for one of the highest player counts they have a weaker average score. Located primarily throughout O55 give credit to these guys for at least having activity which is keeping their lowest player above 1400 points. Their biggest threat aside from number 2, 3, or 4 simply adding members is that they are incredibly spread out across the ocean which means a lot of fledgling members could get devastated. Quick TT will help some, but it will help the enemy more. Consolidation and smart diplomacy choices or alliances head hunting for the number 1 rumored MRA could quickly see them dropping.

2.) Project Misery Business: Hosting an impressive 2k average score these guys look well coordinated and ready for a fight. Very tight knit core of cities in O45 suggest a premade that is planning on taking the core by storm. High expectations are already burning around these guys and everything looks good. The fall of BP will mean heavy fighting with a good chunk of top 12 alliances so the chance for rapid expansion is certainly present. If they can capitalize on their location they could easily overtake the number one slot. The open member slots also mean they could poach other great players with the promise of greater glory. Can't wait to see how these guys evolve.

3.) Moderated Nation: Another very promising looking group. Made up of some notable veteran players, another premade looks to be off to a fantastic start. Boasting a pretty nice core in O54 with a few extras clumped together further into the core, these guys might have one of the best positions in the game. Set just enough near the core to have lots of core action, but with the opportunity to expand in the backfield against less high ranked alliances. Their orientation puts them poised for an all out death match with Defiant Warriors. The first to strike will have an incredible edge and with Defiant Warriors falling from an earlier high rank it could mean the extra slots in Nation's roster find owners quickly allowing them to leap into the lead. Carrying the second best player average, these guys are certainly here to impress.

4.) Infectious: Hat's off to the alliance with the best player average. A solid core in the NW of O55 means they showed up intending to make a name for themselves. Once again extra open slots suggest a pretty good chance to tempt even more high point members into their ranks. Finding themselves oddly set with a bit of room to breath, the could pick on a lot of small alliances and independents to see excellent opening fight days. Time will tell the real tale with these guys, but if they move quickly and eat up the local small fish, they could see a lot of action as one of the top core alliances.

5.) Dark Angels: A group floating out in O56 these guys have a lot of space to expand before they run into other top 12 alliances. A little digging demonstrates a premade out of some of the later worlds (all 65+) with a few having some further back. Their group sits at number 2 on en65 so there is something to be said for what they are coming in with. This world looks to be host to a lot of champions and it seems like these guys are looking to prove they are ready to be the best among them. With their almost completely full roster creating a decent player average they are certainly set up to do well. The real concern will be keeping all their alliance safe. While their core should remain untouched, small alliances could gang up on their more detached members and really cause problems for them.

6.) Legion of Kings: A rather curious premade- the bulk of these guys hail from en57 Lindos. Seeing a portion of members at from the number one alliance there the rest come from other top 12 alliances over there so there is certainly some credit due for bringing people together. Their main core sits nicely packed on the western side of O55 meaning they have a decent space to grow in before running into other alliances. A few pockets here and there look like dangerous fodder for other fish if they don't grow quickly. At an almost full roster though, their average player score is lacking. Should this not change they could see a spark and a fizzle.

7.) Wolf Pack: Sitting early on at number three, the opening week has seen less kindly facts fall on these guys. Seeing an incredibly vast spread out group of players their primary base looks to be located on the NW of O55. With already hosting 75 members and scattered all over, these guys have every mark of an MRA. To be fair though, a large chunk of players sitting in the 2k player score suggests that even if they are an MRA they found some decent players. Once the fighting kicks up, their more extreme players could quickly opt away for closer friends so I wouldn't be surprised if their main core re-brands later on. Situated among some threatening top 12 alliances, they could be very exciting to watch.

8.) Devils Enclave: The shotgun blast of O45 these guys are a little all over. A few pockets put like members close but for the most part, there is some decent separation. Once again an alliance with 75 members but an even weaker player average score than any of those above makes the crowd roar MRA, and as the only listed alliance with that name if they are a premade they didn't keep their colors. Their main core(such as it is) being situated directly next to the tight pack of Project Misery means a lot of sparks could fly the minute protection ends. I will be honest, I don't envy these guys. Getting their players motivated and picking the right allies will give them time to expand in the backfield to ensure there is support for their frontlines.

9.) Mickey D's: For an alliance that came in as a premade they are a little more spread out then I think they meant to be. Add to this fact that they boast the second worst average player score, things aren't totally golden arches yet. (See what I did there?) Keeping their alliance primarily in O54, there is certainly room to expand, and if things do go sour for Defiant Warriors these guys could see a lot of potential. On the other hand once again spread out player with a core up against another strong top 12 alliance means sparks are going to fly instantly.

10.) Defiant Warriors: Another interesting shotgun blast of players this time in O54. To their credit holding only 67 members means they have room to recruit, but the label of MRA is already being whispered and with their stalled growth on opening plunging them from rank 5 to rank 10, things don't seem to be going their way. Mix this into the fact that they are around some other top 12 alliances once again means things are going to be interesting. A few rumors suggest early troubles for these guys which could mean any number of things. (All hearsay btw. I have no proof) In the end, filling their open member slots and moving against local unaligned are priority one. And a few friends in high places might not hurt either.

11.) Reign of Spartan Wolves: Hosting the worst player average out of the top 12, these guys look to be an exciting member in O55. Spread out in pockets, these guys are ripe for recruitment into other alliances. For their benefit, their pockets don't really hold any top 12 alliances between them so the chance to enclose the space and grow is certainly a possibility. But with their lack of growth being demonstrated thus far, it's not the best odds. Kicking their players into overdrive as they head out of BP is a necessity. Hosting more players under 1000pts compared to over 2000 means most likely they wont have many players ready for cs when protection ends. Unfortunately these guys look to have the worst hand at the moment.

12.) Eclipse: Holding a few scattered cores these guys hold a decent position in the NW. Leaning up against other top 12 alliances Devils Enclave, Project Misery, and Infectious means diplomacy could be a key ingredient to their start. In their favor is a pretty decent average score and a lower player count which means the ability to pick up remains of any quickly shattered alliances could help a lot. Making sure they stay around long enough to do so while expanding in their backfield will be the key.

Please note, these are all just opinions and a brief overview of what I see.
Looking forward to the action!
Good hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35496

All right everyone. A little early still but I thought it worth having a proper intro. Anyone who paid attention to the externals for Lindos, knows that I have a tendency for long posts so I apologize. You will also note, I dont make sink or swim predictions. Simply observations of the world.

1.) Nexus: Opened the world at number 1 and has survived the first few days of shake down. Word across the boards suggest these guys are snatching up as many players as they can, and because of it, for one of the highest player counts they have a weaker average score. Located primarily throughout O55 give credit to these guys for at least having activity which is keeping their lowest player above 1400 points. Their biggest threat aside from number 2, 3, or 4 simply adding members is that they are incredibly spread out across the ocean which means a lot of fledgling members could get devastated. Quick TT will help some, but it will help the enemy more. Consolidation and smart diplomacy choices or alliances head hunting for the number 1 rumored MRA could quickly see them dropping.

2.) Project Misery Business: Hosting an impressive 2k average score these guys look well coordinated and ready for a fight. Very tight knit core of cities in O45 suggest a premade that is planning on taking the core by storm. High expectations are already burning around these guys and everything looks good. The fall of BP will mean heavy fighting with a good chunk of top 12 alliances so the chance for rapid expansion is certainly present. If they can capitalize on their location they could easily overtake the number one slot. The open member slots also mean they could poach other great players with the promise of greater glory. Can't wait to see how these guys evolve.

3.) Moderated Nation: Another very promising looking group. Made up of some notable veteran players, another premade looks to be off to a fantastic start. Boasting a pretty nice core in O54 with a few extras clumped together further into the core, these guys might have one of the best positions in the game. Set just enough near the core to have lots of core action, but with the opportunity to expand in the backfield against less high ranked alliances. Their orientation puts them poised for an all out death match with Defiant Warriors. The first to strike will have an incredible edge and with Defiant Warriors falling from an earlier high rank it could mean the extra slots in Nation's roster find owners quickly allowing them to leap into the lead. Carrying the second best player average, these guys are certainly here to impress.

4.) Infectious: Hat's off to the alliance with the best player average. A solid core in the NW of O55 means they showed up intending to make a name for themselves. Once again extra open slots suggest a pretty good chance to tempt even more high point members into their ranks. Finding themselves oddly set with a bit of room to breath, the could pick on a lot of small alliances and independents to see excellent opening fight days. Time will tell the real tale with these guys, but if they move quickly and eat up the local small fish, they could see a lot of action as one of the top core alliances.

5.) Dark Angels: A group floating out in O56 these guys have a lot of space to expand before they run into other top 12 alliances. A little digging demonstrates a premade out of some of the later worlds (all 65+) with a few having some further back. Their group sits at number 2 on en65 so there is something to be said for what they are coming in with. This world looks to be host to a lot of champions and it seems like these guys are looking to prove they are ready to be the best among them. With their almost completely full roster creating a decent player average they are certainly set up to do well. The real concern will be keeping all their alliance safe. While their core should remain untouched, small alliances could gang up on their more detached members and really cause problems for them.

6.) Legion of Kings: A rather curious premade- the bulk of these guys hail from en57 Lindos. Seeing a portion of members at from the number one alliance there the rest come from other top 12 alliances over there so there is certainly some credit due for bringing people together. Their main core sits nicely packed on the western side of O55 meaning they have a decent space to grow in before running into other alliances. A few pockets here and there look like dangerous fodder for other fish if they don't grow quickly. At an almost full roster though, their average player score is lacking. Should this not change they could see a spark and a fizzle.

7.) Wolf Pack: Sitting early on at number three, the opening week has seen less kindly facts fall on these guys. Seeing an incredibly vast spread out group of players their primary base looks to be located on the NW of O55. With already hosting 75 members and scattered all over, these guys have every mark of an MRA. To be fair though, a large chunk of players sitting in the 2k player score suggests that even if they are an MRA they found some decent players. Once the fighting kicks up, their more extreme players could quickly opt away for closer friends so I wouldn't be surprised if their main core re-brands later on. Situated among some threatening top 12 alliances, they could be very exciting to watch.

8.) Devils Enclave: The shotgun blast of O45 these guys are a little all over. A few pockets put like members close but for the most part, there is some decent separation. Once again an alliance with 75 members but an even weaker player average score than any of those above makes the crowd roar MRA, and as the only listed alliance with that name if they are a premade they didn't keep their colors. Their main core(such as it is) being situated directly next to the tight pack of Project Misery means a lot of sparks could fly the minute protection ends. I will be honest, I don't envy these guys. Getting their players motivated and picking the right allies will give them time to expand in the backfield to ensure there is support for their frontlines.

9.) Mickey D's: For an alliance that came in as a premade they are a little more spread out then I think they meant to be. Add to this fact that they boast the second worst average player score, things aren't totally golden arches yet. (See what I did there?) Keeping their alliance primarily in O54, there is certainly room to expand, and if things do go sour for Defiant Warriors these guys could see a lot of potential. On the other hand once again spread out player with a core up against another strong top 12 alliance means sparks are going to fly instantly.

10.) Defiant Warriors: Another interesting shotgun blast of players this time in O54. To their credit holding only 67 members means they have room to recruit, but the label of MRA is already being whispered and with their stalled growth on opening plunging them from rank 5 to rank 10, things don't seem to be going their way. Mix this into the fact that they are around some other top 12 alliances once again means things are going to be interesting. A few rumors suggest early troubles for these guys which could mean any number of things. (All hearsay btw. I have no proof) In the end, filling their open member slots and moving against local unaligned are priority one. And a few friends in high places might not hurt either.

11.) Reign of Spartan Wolves: Hosting the worst player average out of the top 12, these guys look to be an exciting member in O55. Spread out in pockets, these guys are ripe for recruitment into other alliances. For their benefit, their pockets don't really hold any top 12 alliances between them so the chance to enclose the space and grow is certainly a possibility. But with their lack of growth being demonstrated thus far, it's not the best odds. Kicking their players into overdrive as they head out of BP is a necessity. Hosting more players under 1000pts compared to over 2000 means most likely they wont have many players ready for cs when protection ends. Unfortunately these guys look to have the worst hand at the moment.

12.) Eclipse: Holding a few scattered cores these guys hold a decent position in the NW. Leaning up against other top 12 alliances Devils Enclave, Project Misery, and Infectious means diplomacy could be a key ingredient to their start. In their favor is a pretty decent average score and a lower player count which means the ability to pick up remains of any quickly shattered alliances could help a lot. Making sure they stay around long enough to do so while expanding in their backfield will be the key.

Good hunting.

Dam good job Sir!

DeletedUser32373

Nice job, but I think our alliance will do just a tad better than your prediction ;)

DeletedUser15015

The thing I love about all the "Top 12" thread opinions I have seen over the years is...they are rarely ever correct. The first few months will have many come and go. If you look back at other worlds, a lot of the alliances in the original top 12 aren't around anymore or never made it to the end. LOL

DeletedUser

I always love the threads because you can almost trace the history of a world and the heritage of all the surviving alliances. Makes for some interesting speculation in the "what if" area.

DeletedUser42407

I always love the threads because you can almost trace the history of a world and the heritage of all the surviving alliances. Makes for some interesting speculation in the "what if" area.

Hey I do that too! Nice predictions by the way.

DeletedUser

For a change to Top 12 I meanwhile give away Best Alliance Name Award.
This goes .... drum roll ........... to (F)WeHaveCandyGetInTheVan(F).
Winners please PM me and claim coupon worth 2000 silver to buy more spray colors for your van graffiti.
-----------------------
PS! I hope you guys float around long time, but never make Top 12 and thus become part of mainstream.

I don't know if you know who they are, but they're actually a group of highly experienced players from an alliance on Rizinia. They've changed their name now to Vogon Poets Society but expect them to rise up the rankings if they decide to stick around.

DeletedUser

Good hunting.

GREAT review. Little bias with lots of good points for every alliance. Well done kind sir + rep.

DeletedUser

People don't understand jokes >< Time to be serious :)

Anyway in this world it is really hard to say what ally will win because there are many nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20415

Good hunting.

U still make those long speech ?