Alliances that will fail/succeed

DeletedUser

I don't smell any alliance called so in the future. Only those at the 420s know it was a great place to be with lots of friends made. We were also an alliance who could be friendly and banterous with our enemies, as is shown in this thread, and many others. I will miss it, and hopefully will be able to remain active in a new alliance!

Good luck to all ex-420s, and may the future hold great things :)

Ya i do have to hand it to you thats pretty accurate ive always had abit of banter with ggc1 isnt that right :D Although it is fun trying to tease him :D
About your remark with making friends well what do you expect when being in an alliance of that size :) i still keep in touch with most of the friends i made when i was in SWAT a few months ago. Most of them that are left are in fusion :)

DeletedUser

Another thing, was that at least 2 great areas were made. The group in O45 could have separated and made our own elite alliance, and succeeded just as easily, as could ggc's group in the north. Snowmen and Killer Bunnies have both picked up some awesome players through this and it should provide for some more action. Maybe the snowmen will put a big surge back on CJ again now they are filled with new activity...who knows :)

DeletedUser

They can try

I feel GrepoHugs (what's their current name?) need to either reform or do something of that sort to stand up too CJ. Reforming gets all the active/good players together and gives people a surge of activity

DeletedUser

Fail - CJ. They may be good, but, as they say, pride before a fall.

Succeed - Plures Ut Unum. Of course!

DeletedUser

I feel GrepoHugs (what's their current name?) need to either reform or do something of that sort to stand up too CJ. Reforming gets all the active/good players together and gives people a surge of activity

One of the main problems that poses the war is the simple fact of sieges. Gone are the days when 500 biremes would be a huge stacking i'm afraid. Each side must now pack a siege with at minumum 1k biremes, the norm is 2,000 (land defense varies but is usually 3k pop worth).

Now, as each players cannot muster that amount, we have to go from city to city very slowly.

DeletedUser

One of the main problems that poses the war is the simple fact of sieges. Gone are the days when 500 biremes would be a huge stacking i'm afraid. Each side must now pack a siege with at minumum 1k biremes, the norm is 2,000 (land defense varies but is usually 3k pop worth).

Now, as each players cannot muster that amount, we have to go from city to city very slowly.

very true BJ - it is now a lot harder to take cities from good organised players in top alliances. every trick is now getting used to bring a city across the devise.
"stealing" them as people sleep seems to be the most used one now- isnt that right CJ? lol!

the game is getting very difficult now - another reason why we will see a lot of players disappear as we approach gamma's first birthday!

Happy new year all!:pro:

DeletedUser

Also as players get larger they have more lights and sieges have to be stacked higher. In some conflicts, we've had sieges with 3k bi's broken navally. The illuminati are known to be able to put 4k bi's into their sieges, and also known to kill almost any siege with sheer numbers of lights. Nowadays we have to try and get 3k bi's into a siege before the player wakes up in order to get it :p

DeletedUser

the game is getting very difficult now - another reason why we will see a lot of players disappear as we approach gamma's first birthday!

I don't think I will ever leave gamma as I only have 50,000 points :)

[jumpto=don't]Click here[/jumpto]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah i mean personally i like to get 2k-2.5k BS and 1k of each land Def unit in a quality siege by myself which doesnt include any alliance support. if its a big time player i would expect to get more BS in there. although i usually dont bother trying to figure out when someone is online/offline if you time it well enough its difficult to defend against.

DeletedUser

I don't smell any alliance called so in the future. Only those at the 420s know it was a great place to be with lots of friends made. We were also an alliance who could be friendly and banterous with our enemies, as is shown in this thread, and many others. I will miss it, and hopefully will be able to remain active in a new alliance!

Good luck to all ex-420s, and may the future hold great things :)

As with many other alliances, you can make fun off your enemies, they can make fun of you, but they dont know what its like to be in the alliance(Unless theres a wolf in a sheeps skin ;)), and in the end you come out with good memories, friends, and (hopefully) some experience.

But after all, :pro: and it will never change.