Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser

Why can't we have both? We have the numbers. I've controlled oceans with less people than we have atm so our current members will need to step up to the challenge. It should be fun.

DeletedUser

Well, we'll try and keep our #1 there. It's been the most exciting ocean so far.

DeletedUser

Hey Guys ~ I haven't seen a Top 12 in quite awhile...Can someone update us?

DeletedUser

rank/name/total points/# players/average points

1 The Unknowns/ 199043/ 175 /1137
2 Conquering Heroes/ 156378/ 183 /855
3 KHAL DROGO/ 132419/ 126/ 1051
4 ADRASTOS/ 103916/ 117/ 888
5 OLYMPIAN GODS/ 82380/ 114/ 723
6 Hell Knights/ 74803/ 68/ 1100
7 League of Kings /71695/ 67/ 1070
8 The Union/ 65290/ 60/ 1088
9 Spider Monkeys/ 63277/ 38/ 1665
10 Paragon /62980/ 46/ 1369
11 HEROES AND DEMONS/ 61057/ 93/ 657
12 Olympia Alliance 101/ 60063/ 88/ 683

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks CW. It seems every time I look at the rankings, the top two alliances have increased membership quantity, but not quality.

Now, for my new friend Transient. Being #1 in points after 2 weeks isn't special at all. As the numbers clearly show, you have more than quadruple the members of the two highest-average alliances. Spider Monkeys and Paragon have worked hard to recruit the best players, players who all strive to be active and grow stronger. Can you explain to me why you are so proud to have such a high membership count after two weeks?

It's like bragging at a Weight Watcher's meeting about how you ate a dozen donuts in one sitting. Not many can claim that, but who the hell would want to?

DeletedUser

Being #1 in points after two weeks isn't something all that special but it's nice to be there with a respectable average and after all this thread is all about rankings. It would be much better to come back in two months or much longer but two weeks is all we have atm.

Our members also strive to be active and grow stronger. Those who fail will either move on or be moved on. Currently we're happy with who we have and those who are joining us. So, I'm proud that we have a mix of experienced and newer players and can still maintain a respectable average.

DeletedUser

hahahah oh that really made me laugh dark, such a good reference plus rep :)

DeletedUser

The Unknowns are starting to look like Titans of Doom just before they collapsed...except they're even more spread out than ToD was.

Good luck, Transient. You're gonna need it.

DeletedUser25607

The Unknowns are starting to look like Titans of Doom just before they collapsed...except they're even more spread out than ToD was.

Before collapsing "titans" were ahead of even "monkeys" in City Points averages and also leaders in all Battle Points rankings. "Unknowns" are looking much weaker.

P.S. I'm preparing surprise. :) I'm gonna shock you like a Black Mamba! (nice name for my future alliance ;-) )

DeletedUser

If PrettyMaria attacks me, I consider that a compliment. It means I'm a threat.

Thanks, babe! lol

DeletedUser

If Unknowns are weaker than Titans, who fell apart, than why are they even still together? If it's not going to work long-term, why bother putting the effort into it? All that work just to dissolve the alliance and move/start a new one. Seems like a waste of time.

DeletedUser25607

If Unknowns are weaker than Titans, who fell apart, than why are they even still together? If it's not going to work long-term, why bother putting the effort into it? All that work just to dissolve the alliance and move/start a new one. Seems like a waste of time.

There are a lot of alliances here weaker than "titans" were. Should every of them dissolve itself? :)

DeletedUser

It depends on your definition of "weaker". If you are going solely by stats, then there are indeed many alliances "weaker" than Titans. But there is more to making a good alliance than just stats. Communication, activity level, cooperation, willingness to participate, all of these are key elements each player in a successful alliance must have. Too many of the Titans players lacked some of these elements, and for that reason, they were destined to fail.

If each player is willing to work hard to grow and better the alliance, than even a small "weak" alliance can be successful.

DeletedUser

Good luck, Transient. You're gonna need it.

Thanks for the good luck. I'm always glad to have luck on my side (+30%?).

DeletedUser

Guess who got first conquer? You guessed right, Spider Monkeys!! By one of our illustrious leaders, F1RST.

DeletedUser

I congratulate F1RST, but his total lack of BP and the fact that he took a ghost removes a bit of the glory, don't you think? It's only a 1400 point city. To me, that's a liability. It's a pain to build up a city that small.

In any event, I'll have my 3rd city before anyone (except for maybe Attila). If anyone beats me, it's because they were lame and used a level 30 academy to get culture points! lol

DeletedUser

I play to my own tune, Bp is only good for one thing gaining culture. some players in grepolis seem to think bp is a status symbol a show of military strength.
in my opinion bp for bps sake is foolish it does not make you tacticaly stronger.
As for a 1400 city being a liability, it is, i would point, out a bigger city than over one third of paragon members own lol
your prediction about a third city we will have to see !

im also not sure why using a level 30 academy is lame, i quite sure most great tacticians would agree any edge you can gain over an oponant is of use.
the puritan veiw of players who dont use gold and live only for bp is flawed imo.

as for my own bp levels, when there is need to fight i will fight and i will gain lots of bp . as the key to gaining bp is how fast you can rebuild troops the fact i have now doubled my resource production will aid me greatly.

so my advise is use this info posted here and follow my lead mate then you wont be eating my dust :)