Top 12 Alliances

• Thread starter DeletedUser41447
  • Start date

DeletedUser

sisters are glorified academies? :heh: never really saw the difference either

DeletedUser17561

The difference between an sister alliance and academy:

An academy fails because the main alliance does not really care about the academy

A sister alliance fails because the main academy thinks 2 mediocre alliances is better than 1 good one

hope that helps

DeletedUser19042

What is the main difference between sister and academy, I never got that

A sister alliance is equal to the main alliance. They work as 2 seperate alliances, but cooperate with each other. (Mostly just under pact circumstances.

An academy is only founded to take in more members. When an alliance wants to take in more members they can choose to make an academy. Once the player has reached the requirements to join the main alliance, they'll be invited into the main.
The difference between an sister alliance and academy:

An academy fails because the main alliance does not really care about the academy

A sister alliance fails because the main academy thinks 2 mediocre alliances is better than 1 good one

hope that helps

But that's also correct. :D

DeletedUser17561

Top 8 data set - only alliances over 1 million pts are considered. If you are not at this level the prospect of becoming a contending alliance in the near future is small.

AlliancePtsMembersPts/MemberConquersABPDBP
Sesame Street

Fear The Beard2276543376152841858335232692
Najistan2154656395524871652263140950
Isitiaos Gods of War178634240446593136606352460
THE BORG1654132394241437337111199430
Unknown151680739388921611800939253
Reservoir Dogs1471645383872827353804345723
Shadow Legion1321881373572740345080395535

So what does all this tell us?

SS - SS hold the top spot in every category except for conquers (we are in that category). Having shored up the Eastern front because of a pact with Najistan, SS can fully turn its efforts to war in 45 and has made good progress against SL and RD. An important and overlooked feature of SS is its relatively stable alliance membership. By the time the war is over, SS should have a very strong foothold in NE O45 which can serve as the jump point for the Western half of the server.

FTB - I admire the name choices - it shows a bit of flair (although my favorite alliance name in this world is "Up Your Oars"). FTB is probably the most SS like of all the top alliances - stable and seemingly capable leadership, and a good workrate as the ABP and DBP show. Probably a little more membership churn than SS, and has been able to adopt a less defensive posture - their ratio of ABP/DBP is higher than SS. Some of this is because they focused on post-war CT actions, but a sound choice in targets is not a fault.

Najistan - Najistan has eye-popping conquer workrate - they are making the most out of what they have. The question is "what do they have?" The answer is "a remote position". This is not their fault unless you consider the founders joining the world late to be a fault (I do not). I have tried this on another world - starting out on a rim and trying to fight through to a core ocean. One winds up with cities off the main power base and it is a labor intensive process to maintain the resource flow and troop leveraging needed for remote offensive cities. Their membership will have to be dedicated to this over the long term and that will impact how successful they ultimately are

Isitaos Gods of War - I know little about this alliance. They must have formed through some merger. Their DBP is very low which suggest little fighting of competent or similarly sized opponents. Judgement on them will have to wait for a significant war action and a test of team play and defense capabilities

THE BORG - a less experienced group but enthusiastic. They are located firmly in the core and have seen considerable war action. There are some very good, experienced players in this alliance that seem to be providing capable leadership. However, they have run afoul of FTB and that is a size and probably an overall experience mismatch. Their future is not overly grim but they will have to maintain a high activity level to survive

Unknown - I share a couple island with Unkown people and generally relations are good. I am puzzled as to how they got this big and accrued only 118k ABP. That does not even seem like enough for whatever small/abandoned towns would have to be taken to reach their current size. They do not appear to be a warring alliance and have managed to avoid significant conflicts. However, you can't hold this many cities without someone casting a covetous eye on them and they will, sooner or later, have to crank up their war machine. If it runs well they are definitely in this world - if it sputters you will behold a catastrophic collapse

Reservoir Dogs/Shadow Legion - SL and RD are the logical consequence of overpacting at the start of the world. Their growth and farming opportunities suffered early and good conquer targets later. This has resulted in undersized alliances fighting for too little space. Both war with SS and neither alliance has prospered as a result - their BP totals are almost identical at about 1/1 ABP/DBP - that is far too high a defense percentage to permit steady growth. Both alliances have considerable roster churn. The main difference in these 2 alliances is that RD conquers cities of usable size whereas SL has opted for the "just take any city you can get" approach and their average conquers looks to be around 1200-1500 pts. Put another way - SL takes cities so small that there is no difference between conquering and colonization as a growth mechanic. Neither alliance will be a large factor in another 2-3 months.

DeletedUser30111

That is probably the most detailed top 12 I've seen in a while.

What is that conquers stat from, can't be overall?

And Unknown formed as the result of a merger into a newly created alliance, so their bp restarted not too long ago.

DeletedUser17561

The conquer section is messed up, for the following reason:

I took the stats from Grepointel - which just sums up each players win and losses in the last 7 days. The problem is that it is player based, so it only tabulates data for the allinaces using the players at the time you query. I knew it was off but the fix will take a while and I couldnt do it at the time. For alliances with little roster change over the last week - the numbers are good.

I will go back and use grepostats, which gives an alliance based accounting.

RE Unknown: doesnt the alliance, when formed, inherit all the bp from its members? So if 10 people with 100k bp all join then on day 1 the alliance has 1 million bp? I assumed this to be the case but if I am wrong then that indeed should be accounted for in the analytics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

No that isn't how bp works, alliance bp is only accumulated from bp gained while in the alliance

DeletedUser42956

Two cents worth of old school

What I find interesting is this:

Old School grepo before they came out with the monuments and into the first few worlds with the monuments, alliances stood upon their own. There was no academy alliance, brother or sister alliance. Even when there was a limited number of members allowed per alliance.

The academy, brother or sister alliance was brought up for farm purposes, to culture the handful that might make the cut into the main alliance. The rest was fish food. A waste of time, for they usually go rogue and create more problems for the main alliance.

It shows the true weakness of an alliance that has insecurities and one that cann't work within the players they have, nor recruit the players to achieve success.

Naps and Pacts:
These wasn't tossed around like rag dolls either. It seems todays alliances don't have a clue to what these really are and what they are used for.

A pact is a formal agreement between two or more people, organizations, or governments to do a particular thing or to help each other

Naps, (No Attack Policy) was brought forward to form borders to where other alliances wouldn't get involved in a major battle that was going on and was dissolved once the war was over with.

But each to their own these days, for when the smoke clears, there is the ones who still stand, and the fallen.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Dwarfthis.

DeletedUser17561

I agree with Dwarf on this point. And I am annoyed in general by the whole alliance cap issue. Not because one exists, but because people come to these worlds and basically try and form a 200 person alliance.

Go to a 200 person world.

DeletedUser

So they try to form an MRA? Remember, well planned and worked out MRAs are some of the most dangerous alliances out there

DeletedUser

Long time since a post so I thought I should contribute.

1 Blackbeards Crew
The new top alliance in this world. Rank 2 in abp and rising at a good rate. Rank 4 in dbp. Taken in the flailing Shadow Legion as well as opened another branch or two of it's academy. Sought out a few pacts and naps with surrounding alliances. Will be interesting to see the effects of these leadership decisions upon the top members as the alliance is flooded with dead weight and limited targets. War with the puppets breaking out will determine who will be number 1 to come.

2 Sesame Street
Fallen from top spot after a long period upon the throne. ABP/City growth has been less than the beard crew. Still rank 1 in abp; however the gap is decreasing. Rank 2 in dbp behind the now dead Shadow Alliance, so in reality Rank 1, shows they can take as well as they give. Possibly complacency/laziness be setting in to a few of the lower members. Will be interesting to see how they respond. Could this be the start of their demise. War with the beards breaking out will determine who will be number 1 to come.

3 Najistan
Rim alliance with impressive average points. Rank 3 in abp and has some impressive fighters. Rank 9 in dbp shows they have not been in a major war to date. War has only recently broken out with Unknown. Large defence has been met by Najistan but I predict this will wear out quickly and Najistan will rebuild quicker then Unknown.

4 Isitaos Gods of War
An alliance on the southern rim that came out of seemingly no-where last month. Rank 4 in abp. Rank 32 in dbp. Looking at this you can see they are heavily offensive (and rightly so in their position), however is untested by any alliance and will be interesting to see what happens when they come heavy under attack.

5 Reservoir Dogs
Abp rank 5. Dbp rank 3. The only alliance to have been at war with Sesame Street and last the distance so far. Despite the heavily defence focus from being at war with SS are still ranked 5 in abp which I must say I am impressed with. Would have been a contender for top spot if not for poor leadership decisions pacting them with the entire ocean from day 1. Seems to have accepted defeat in the war and retreating to ocean 35. This however may raise conflict with other rim alliances in the future.

6 The Muppets
Rank 22 Abp 32 Dbp. Recently formed sister/acad of SS almost completely of the collapsed Borg. Some strong and experienced players amongst the group with a good average for an alliance this far down the ranks.

7 Unknown
Rank 14 abp 8 dbp. Currently at war with Najistan. Poor abp for their size. Seems to have a lot of defence for the moment but when support starts wearing thin a fall could be drastic. Needs to get on the offensive to stay around.

8 Up Your Oars
Rank 6 abp 24 abp. Perhaps a dark horse but in my opinion the alliance to challenge for the top spot in the future. Some good players and leadership with limited dead weight. Poor dbp but is expected for a rim alliance.

9 Anonymous
Rank 11 abp 27 dbp. Still recovering from war with Creepy Turtles early on in this server. Growing in size a bit again but will sink as soon as the beards seek o54 domination.

10 Dragonz Guild
Rank 10 abp, dbp 25.Growing steadily on the rim with a few good players amongst their ranks. Whether the is enough quality players of them to become a contender is undecided.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow. That was suprisingly a non-biased top 12 - Good job +rep too.

DeletedUser

our abp is low as we had to start again :D and defense wise if you saw some off the attacks by naj we have recieved were not worried YET lol

DeletedUser

Really good top ten...was there a reason why you left #11 & 12 though?

DeletedUser17561

Because it's a top ten, not twelve ;)

Further to that - this could really be discussed in terms of top 8

There is a precipitous drop in pt/player between 8 and 9. The alliances below 8 are not comprised of the same size of player as is the top 8.

DeletedUser

The siggy made by you looks like a sphinx; ie a kitty.
Sphinx according to Wiki said:
A sphinx is a mythical creature with, as a minimum, the body of a lion and a human head.

I guess lions and cats are both from the cat family so it kinda makes sense. However the siggy I made has the background of Thanatos, thanatos from smite to be precise.