Newspaper Amisos News - January Update

DeletedUser54161

Official Amisos “January Update”
By: Loves You
This is the 4th Edition of my Newspaper; previous editions are linked below

October: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/amisos-news-october-update.59933/
November: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/amisos-november-update.60025/
December: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/amisos-december-update-2017-year-recap.60134/

Table of Contents:
1. World Map
2. Alliance Updates
3. Fun Questions

101_World_Map2.png
Top Alliances:

giphy.gif
They won the Grepo-Olympic Events, and they finished the war with Phoenix. To top it all off, they have some new players in their ranks, which will hopefully replace the hole left by some members that have left.
*If you hadn’t noticed, Nymeria got a new alliance coat of arms courtesy to Xtcmax, so if you haven’t checked him out, I’ll leave the link below.
Xtc's Shop: https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/graphic-design-by-xtcmax.34110/page-149#post-1031660

Fun Question:
Machines or Free Weights?
Spinach or Supplements?

They chose, Free Weights and Spinach!

giphy.gif
If you remember from the last issue; on the 24th of December, members of the Black Knights merged into Nameless. However, on January 7th, some members decided to move back to the Black Knights. Obviously, that did not sit well with most members, and on the 22nd of January, the Nameless and the Black Knights entered into a war.
Fun Question:
If the top 12 alliances got together for Movie Night, and you were chosen to pick a movie; what movie would you choose to play?

They chose, Ridley Scott’s (2000) Gladiator.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54161

giphy.gif
Like the Manney Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather fight, the talent, the hype, the stakes were all there, but ultimately the war between Nymeria and Phoenix left us asking for a refund. Unfortunately, both Nymeria and Phoenix were hit with in-actives/ghosters/ and forever vacationer, some of which were the largest players on the server. Ultimately it came down to two factors.
1) During the war between Nymeria and Phoenix, Phoenix had two of its largest players, and most active fighters in vacation mode.(I.K.M & Rottwyler) Without their participation, teammates may have felt disadvantaged or demoralized during the onset of the war.
2) There seemed to be some internal struggle within the alliance itself.
a. On the 24th, Phoenix looked to be re-organizing, kicking numerous in-actives from the alliance, and bringing in fresh blood from their academy BENNU CULT.
b. On the 25th, Phoenix continued to bring in fresh recruits. However, during that same time; 9 Phoenix members decided to transfer to Nymeria, of which include, but are not exclusive to: Magniss321, Fearttt, DAschein, Devil Fett, nozarino, eduinbrutus, kizmut, theedman and srnl2010.

Love it or hate it, it was definately a big power move with the transfer of players from Phoenix to Nymeria. If Phoenix can find a leader to regroup, they stand a chance of rejoining the world. But as it sits right now, with 9 of their more active players leaving, they will be fish-food until a reorganization can occur.

Fun Question:

Unfortunately, they never got back to me with their answer:(

giphy.gif
To finish the wrap-up with Phoenix/Nymeria War, we cannot forget about the secondary alliance of BENNU CULT. When I joined en105 to reconnect with old teammates, I was surprised to encounter BENNU CULT en105 edition!

After looking at the roster from 105, and comparing it to the list of Amisos players, I discovered ~20 players that had begun playing on the new server. While it is certainly not a crime to join a new world, a semi-fresh start in a new world under the same name is certainly a lack of confidence, or interest in their Amisos alliance. With the mass exodus to the main alliance, and a contingent of BENNU players on the new world, we will most likely not see this alliance in existence in the next few weeks.

Fun Question:

Failed to get a response.

giphy.gif
I’m beginning to think that somebody got together with all these alliance names beginning with an “N”. All that aside, NO NAME has been busy with Legions of Moloch and Legionnaires of Moloch. As it stand, the score is (26-8) against Legions; and (22-0) against the Legionnaires.

Fun Question:

Opted out. Maybe next time:p

giphy.gif
With cba.. or better known as Jerry Springer out of the picture, there were a lot of pieces to pick up. While some are still hiding in vacation mode, or actually on vacation, the dogs seemed to have started a skirmish with Nymeria. Based off of BP gain from both alliances, it seems that it will evolve into a war, so definitely keep your eyes open.

Fun Question:

Cerberus's are such unique creatures, which many do not have the pleasure of having. For others, could you tell us what your favorite playtime activities are?

They said; Because we have three heads, we are often of three minds about things. During playtime, we like splitting our time between playing dead, savagely chewing up furniture, and scratching our nether regions. Hades tried playing fetch with them once.. it didn’t go well.

giphy.gif
Going by statistics, they are losing the war with NO NAME. But unfortunately for them, they have a group of players that like to fight, and another group that… do not. If they are able to convert some of those “growers”, into “showers” then they should be able to paint a better future for themselves.

Fun Question:

With the end of 2017, and the start of 2018, many people have set "New Years Resolutions"
While I hope you have been sticking to your resolutions, is there anything that happened in 2017, that you wish to "stay" in 2017? Or something that did not happen in 2018, that you wish people "would" do?

They said, They don’t make new years resolutions

giphy.gif
My Alliance!!!! WOOHOOO
On January 19th,
Heroes of Olympus merged into The Wraith. To be quite frank, their cool alliance profile picture won me over; and alliance profile pictures are everything, especially with the super-secret buff they provide! Go WRAITHS!

Fun Question:

I forgot to ask one:( Was too busy learning looking at the avatar.

giphy.gif
Due to a disagreement of sorts on the merger, most of The Black Knights, or remaining Knights are those that did not join during the merge with Nameless. Based off of recent conquests, they appear to be relocating to Ocean 55, as they look for friendlier waters until they can reorganize themselves.

Fun Question:

In Monty Python, the Black Knight is an iconic character. What would you say his most admirable quality is?

They said, his most admiring qualities were his loyalty and allegiance. Such rare qualities are not easy to find within a person.

DeletedUser54161

The REAL QUESTION OF THE MONTH:
Please detail your "ideal" Breakfast Meal:
Example:
3 Large Pancakes, 2 eggs, lots of maple syrup, and a side of orange juice.
*It must include at least 1 food item, and 1 beverage

Nymeria- Coffee and Cigarettes, with a Bacon Butty

Nameless-
a FULL English- 3 rashers of Bacon, 2 sausages, 2 sides of Toast, 2 Hash Browns, Couple of Tomatoes, Lump of Mushroom loaded with beans and a huge black pudding, washed down with a strong coffee!

---Cerberus---
We enjoy a hearty portion of bone marrow, preferably freshly extracted from some nameless corpse. We are firm believers in some good old-fashioned dog food, especially no name brand variety. And we like to wash all of that down with a nice bottle of Chianti, maybe from the Nymerian region?

Legions of Amisos- Full English, bacon, sausages, fried bread, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, hash browns and a strong coffee.

The Black Knights- Who knows what you may wake up to want to eat. I prefer my breakfast to be nameless.

Special Thanks to all the Alliance Representatives: RoyalMancunian, Damienni, Marfol1, Davigrib, Amnesia., howardyang, Ballinordpd, Devons, Camaron587,
(* I couldn't have done it without your kindness and participation!)

Lastly, The End of the Month also marks "Thank a Mod Day", so shoutout to @.magick. for being a WONDERFUL Mod!

Parting Gifs:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

DeletedUser54161

Changelog:
*Map will be changed once GrepolisIntel is back online
**Message me here or in-game if you have questions
***If there is anything you'd like to see in a future edition, let me know in-game or on the externals
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/02/2018 - Minor spelling mistakes and grammar errors fixed with inclusion of new map

DeletedUser50814

Keep up the good work... I read this every month.

Thanks again!