Angry noobs :)

DeletedUser

I know dikzak wel from the Dutch server. On world Epsilon he kept off a large alliance with just a small group of players. He is a pretty good and experienced player, so i wouldn't underestimate him if i was you guys. ;)

DeletedUser

intimidating it is called. Proving that you are strong enough to break through their defense. In which dikzak succeeded.

Very true, I believe dikzak proved his point with this move. Though i think this thread has been a little aggressive for the forums.

Best to avoid personal comments, this comes from an experience of the Delta forums which have been far too personal. I wouldn't like to see the same here in Xi.

:pro:

DeletedUser

If you mean break through defenses by hitting someone while offline and having a bit of 2 hours of notice to "defend" then yes he did. But once we found out there was a CS 2 hours out, we launched nukes instead of trying to have 2-3 guys who were online that were close enough to stop his CS. It was much easier to get 200-300 LS in the water than try to to stop the initial attack.

DeletedUser

If you mean break through defenses by hitting someone while offline and having a bit of 2 hours of notice to "defend" then yes he did. But once we found out there was a CS 2 hours out, we launched nukes instead of trying to have 2-3 guys who were online that were close enough to stop his CS. It was much easier to get 200-300 LS in the water than try to to stop the initial attack.

I understand this but i was only stating facts, i know offline time is a killer but a lot of grepo players manage to overcome the threat caused by these periods :p

However I don't know the travel time of the CS route so can't really comment.

That would be an impressive force if it is truly as large as you say, would that not just benefit Dikzak further, especially as the BP your alliance could have gained would be spread amongst (i'm guessing) a large amount of players.

Also your "300" LS would have hit in small quantities, lets say 10-40 at a time. This would mean they would only need around 200-250 biremes to stop your armada.

I'd like to think this is not an unachievable number, despite their number of players :)

DeletedUser

Also your "300" LS would have hit in small quantities, lets say 10-40 at a time. This would mean they would only need around 200-250 biremes to stop your armada.

I'd like to think this is not an unachievable number, despite their number of players :)

You underestimate CS. Don't compare how we play to what you think is possible :p

DeletedUser

You underestimate CS. Don't compare how we play to what you think is possible :p

hehe don't worry, I don't underestimate CS :). This doesn't change my previous statement though, I was stating those numbers from experience and logic, not from CS.

10-40 is just the most likely range in terms of units for this stage of the game. Of course some players will have more in one city but others will have less (again not directly aiming this at CS).

If CS have large numbers of LS in cities at this stage, like you are suggesting then i hope CS haven't underestimated the rest of the server :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So I tell this chap he's not playing very well and suggest he ask me for some tips rather than regularly waste silver on unsuccessful spy missions. He had more points than me, but one successful spy mission out of one revealed a point whore with massive resource buildings and a small, but bizarre selection of troops. Obviously this chap has no idea how to farm or manage his human resources. Anyway, seems he doesn't want my help and thinks he can own me whenever he wants...

Empire of Arnor on 3/1/11 at 2:14 AM
chuckling, you have no clue to what I have sitting in this village except for my navel fleet that sunk everything you had in one small battle that set you back 10 biremes.

what you got sitting in your village wouldnt even make a snack for the troops I got, for they would be fighting over the bones to make soup *LOL* to keep from starving
Testis on 3/1/11 at 2:12 AM
You should learn how to use the simulator, that is if you have had any successful spy missions
Empire of Arnor on 3/1/11 at 1:59 AM
*LOL* I rather be a pain in your rear, I can take you out anytime I want at the present, I'm just seeing how your building and if I want you about or not.

I'm the judge and jury at this point, wether you live or die
Testis on 3/1/11 at 1:44 AM
If you don't mind me saying, you are making some fairly gumby moves.

1) Why conquer a second city on the same island? - You won't be able to farm effectively as mood is linked to player not city.
2) Why send spies so regularly? - Wait until you are in a position to conquer and then send a 10K spy that I wouldn't discover, so that I'm not alerted.
3) You have joined an MRA that can give you no back up around here.
4) You would be better off asking me for advice, which I have already offered freely, to prevent making further stupid mistakes.

Any questions?

Testis

Less than 24 hours later...

Arnor.png

So he attacks me with this awsome navy he has...

Arnor2.png

Now my BP rank is 500 places higher than my point rank, which is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well his only mistake was trying to spy on you and not launch a surprise attack during sleeping hours. He's got a nice mix of troops there, was ready for conquering. I guess if you had caught him online, you would have lost the battle. If you get 1200 ABP and he gets 1100 DBP it means you lost as he could convince his alliance to conquer you since your troop count is pretty low. good luck in the game and don't consider someone a noob if he responds in a cocky manner to your email. and a cyclops is good when you have a combined force, it's not like he was going to attack only with it.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
So I tell this chap he's not playing very well and suggest he ask me for some tips rather than regularly waste silver on unsuccessful spy missions. He had more points than me, but one successful spy mission out of one revealed a point whore with massive resource buildings and a small, but bizarre selection of troops. Obviously this chap has no idea how to farm or manage his human resources. Anyway, seems he doesn't want my help and thinks he can own me whenever he wants...

Empire of Arnor on 3/1/11 at 2:14 AM
chuckling, you have no clue to what I have sitting in this village except for my navel fleet that sunk everything you had in one small battle that set you back 10 biremes.

what you got sitting in your village wouldnt even make a snack for the troops I got, for they would be fighting over the bones to make soup *LOL* to keep from starving
Testis on 3/1/11 at 2:12 AM
You should learn how to use the simulator, that is if you have had any successful spy missions
Empire of Arnor on 3/1/11 at 1:59 AM
*LOL* I rather be a pain in your rear, I can take you out anytime I want at the present, I'm just seeing how your building and if I want you about or not.

I'm the judge and jury at this point, wether you live or die
Testis on 3/1/11 at 1:44 AM
If you don't mind me saying, you are making some fairly gumby moves.

1) Why conquer a second city on the same island? - You won't be able to farm effectively as mood is linked to player not city.
2) Why send spies so regularly? - Wait until you are in a position to conquer and then send a 10K spy that I wouldn't discover, so that I'm not alerted.
3) You have joined an MRA that can give you no back up around here.
4) You would be better off asking me for advice, which I have already offered freely, to prevent making further stupid mistakes.

Any questions?

Testis

Less than 24 hours later...

Arnor.png

So he attacks me with this awsome navy he has...

Arnor2.png

Now my BP rank is 500 places higher than my point rank, which is nice.

Lol nice one mate. Good attack as well :)

DeletedUser

well his only mistake was trying to spy on you and not launch a surprise attack during sleeping hours.
i really have to disagree, there are a lot of mistakes going on here... (e.g. overconfidence/arrogance/underestimating his enemy, hoplites AND chariots (?), conquering 2 cities on 1 island, etc)
He's got a nice mix of troops there, was ready for conquering.
he's got a few of absolutely everything possible, suggests noobery. also he's not gonna conquer anything special with such a small attacking population.
I guess if you had caught him online, you would have lost the battle.
impossible to tell since he didn't show troops and we have no idea what the emperor would have done (leave defenders and activate militia? dodge?)
If you get 1200 ABP and he gets 1100 DBP it means you lost as he could convince his alliance to conquer you since your troop count is pretty low.
again, we don't know what would happen because he didn't show his troops and we don't know that emperors alliance will do anything.
don't consider someone a noob if he responds in a cocky manner to your email.
the cockiness doesn't make him a noob, but the (over)confidence in his rag-tag army does.
and a cyclops is good when you have a combined force, it's not like he was going to attack only with it.
cyclopes are one of the less effective myth units in the game (prob only minotaurs and hydras are worse), especially in the early days as we are when kingly gift is a far more valuable use of poseidon favour (could have received 11.2k wood instead of buying a cyclops). they are less effective on attack than slingers and only 9% stronger on distance defence, their best stat, than swords. far too expensive for what you get, particularly in the early game i'd say!

DeletedUser5061

I know dikzak wel from the Dutch server. On world Epsilon he kept off a large alliance with just a small group of players. He is a pretty good and experienced player, so i wouldn't underestimate him if i was you guys. ;)

I know players like dikzak very well from many many servers, they think they are better than everyone else so they handicap themselves by being in tiny little alliances. They feed on noobs at first than when they have a few cities under the belt they get all cocky start thinking they can take on the big boys. They all end up getting owned and when they do, they all pull the I was outnumbered card. Players like him aint pretty good they are pretty noob because they fail to realise this is a Alliance vs. Alliance game,.

How many nights do you think he will stay up to dodge attacks in the coming weeks before he gives in?

Confederate States has 115 players Pathos has 6 what is there to underestimate?

DeletedUser

I know players like dikzak very well from many many servers, they think they are better than everyone else so they handicap themselves by being in tiny little alliances. They feed on noobs at first than when they have a few cities under the belt they get all cocky start thinking they can take on the big boys. They all end up getting owned and when they do, they all pull the I was outnumbered card. Players like him aint pretty good they are pretty noob because they fail to realise this is a Alliance vs. Alliance game,.

How many nights do you think he will stay up to dodge attacks in the coming weeks before he gives in?

Confederate States has 115 players Pathos has 6 what is there to underestimate?

Dai beat me to it. He tries to put him in a no lose situation. He either manages to get a city and claims triumph or fails and claims numbers.

dikzak.jpg

Those losses will hurt him more than it hurts us ;)

DeletedUser14707

Dai beat me to it. He tries to put him in a no lose situation. He either manages to get a city and claims triumph or fails and claims numbers.

dikzak.jpg

Those losses will hurt him more than it hurts us ;)

Ur right, im in second defenders thanks to you guys.

Im not an angry noob ur in ur right kicking me out that village, i wanted to repull but fell a sleep to bad. Next day i conquer someone else and quess what a fed tryd to get the village as well!:) u know what happend? His cs died his clear died and his land offense died ask trek8285 or something like that urself:)

Btw i got to give it to you that was an impressive attack:)

DeletedUser

Noobs do have themselves the potty mouth. Some of the things they tell me that they will do to my mother, my father, my sister, my brother and me makes me cringe :D
Do they mention the donkey? I have a pet donkey and would be REALLY upset if they dissed him! :Angry: