Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5819

as the hundreds of thousands of pounds i spend on gold proberbly pays for a couple of servers to be launched each year ;) for non golders (cough cough spongers) to benifit from for free
How does a 14yo get hundred of thousands of pounds?
Is it stolen? :x

DeletedUser37948

Yeah, there's some merit in that argument.

FTR, I use some gold myself, I'm not completely against it, just I don't feel that you can complain about the purity of the game if you do. :)
you may well have a point my freind :) in some ways i wish there was less to spend money on as then i would be less tempted.

my biggest spend is lost c ships if the first fails then ill just keep golding more untill i succede or the time runs out though i confess it gets a bit tireing to provide the res to acheive it.

stelf from belatine defeated me 3 times what a defender and a nice guy congratulated him on his defending shame he ghosted the other day not due to me though long after our interaction.

How does a 14yo get hundred of thousands of pounds?
Is it stolen? :x
once again assuming stuff still this time its a case of i wish and if gold could by that id work more hours and play less grepo

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46395

You can use lots of gold and still fail hard. Prime examples of this: Ammonjerro, Spiller, etc.

Just because someone uses gold doesn't make them good. But it doesn't make them bad either. You can have all the gold in the world, if you aren't farming and attacking, then you aren't worth your weight in words. From what I've seen, both Zero Point and Queen Viv have been very aggressive players. So you taking it to a money point is actually unfair. If you chose not to spend money, that's all well and good. I personally choose to gold up every now and then. However, you shouldn't disrespect someone for using gold. Such an action often benefits a team more so than it does themselves and most players recognize that.

Its also unfair to assume that every top player/attacker uses gold. I've known many that have made top 12 ABP without gold use. Unless you're the Detroit Tiger or New York Yankees, then funding seems to go out the window very quickly in this game.

I think I should clear up what I was trying to say here. I'm certainly not saying that ZP and QV are only good because they spend gold - clearly they don't fall into that category. There are, however, some players who do fall into that category in every world. In terms of ZP and QV, I saw how they grew over the first few days, so I'm not assuming they used gold, I know it. The settings of this particular world give a huge advantage to the gold user at the start - speed 3, no morale, 4 days BP all make it possible for a gold user to be taking cities straight out of BP, whilst everyone else is nowhere near. Do I think that advantage is a little unfair? Yes, to be honest, but not massively so, otherwise I wouldn't be playing this server. For the good players who use gold, it's a quick start; for the poor players, you know they won't be able to keep it up once they have several cities all competing for their wallets, and once they start attracting attacks. Over the course of the whole game, it's not that significant - what it does allow you to do is to give you a starting base of your own choosing, whereas the rest of us have to make do with wherever we end up, unless we're lucky. That again isn't always an advantage, as core oceans can be troublesome places over the months, whereas rim oceans can be great places to grow, and being rimmed early can actually work in your favour. I should know, I'm the expert at that. ;) That's the one area where I think the bolter is silly - he has a chance to have a really good time wherever he is, and really he's the one losing out.

DeletedUser43011

How has this thread changed from Bolting --> Chess --> Illuminate --> American Law on self defence (aka just shoot everything) --> to gold ?

DeletedUser41523

I agree, being on the rim can be just as fun as being in the core. It can be a serious challenge at times as some oceans are city and talent starved. Making it hard to raise a good alliance or even have a successful personal run in some cases.

@Supafletch- The answer to your question is alcohol...Lots and lots of alcohol.

DeletedUser22650

I think I should clear up what I was trying to say here. I'm certainly not saying that ZP and QV are only good because they spend gold - clearly they don't fall into that category. There are, however, some players who do fall into that category in every world. In terms of ZP and QV, I saw how they grew over the first few days, so I'm not assuming they used gold, I know it. The settings of this particular world give a huge advantage to the gold user at the start - speed 3, no morale, 4 days BP all make it possible for a gold user to be taking cities straight out of BP, whilst everyone else is nowhere near. Do I think that advantage is a little unfair? Yes, to be honest, but not massively so, otherwise I wouldn't be playing this server. For the good players who use gold, it's a quick start; for the poor players, you know they won't be able to keep it up once they have several cities all competing for their wallets, and once they start attracting attacks. Over the course of the whole game, it's not that significant - what it does allow you to do is to give you a starting base of your own choosing, whereas the rest of us have to make do with wherever we end up, unless we're lucky. That again isn't always an advantage, as core oceans can be troublesome places over the months, whereas rim oceans can be great places to grow, and being rimmed early can actually work in your favour. I should know, I'm the expert at that. ;) That's the one area where I think the bolter is silly - he has a chance to have a really good time wherever he is, and really he's the one losing out.

you can get enough gold to be fast out of the blocks by doing surveys, it doesnt cost that much even if you pay for it, a quick text message at the beginning of a new server and your away

DeletedUser

Genius...think of it as love. He logs in daily just to annoy you CUTE :p

Edit: i feel like i posted a reply to late and the topic changed somehow ?

DeletedUser46762

Well, the bolting is working in my favour now, instead of having to wait to demolish buildings no longer required, he does it instantly for me, making more space for troops to kick .

DeletedUser37948

im not here for the long game, im quite positive ill never own a crown either. one day ill either have work comitments or ill get hemmed in or the server will just get boreing and ill leave untill that time ill be battering a path for my freinds to glory. every thing i build every thing ive acheived using gold will all be for the benifit off my team , people who have played with me or seen me play on other servers know this to be true. ill leave with nothing but good freinds and good memories and thats how i like it.

DeletedUser46395

im not here for the long game, im quite positive ill never own a crown either. one day ill either have work comitments or ill get hemmed in or the server will just get boreing and ill leave untill that time ill be battering a path for my freinds to glory. every thing i build every thing ive acheived using gold will all be for the benifit off my team , people who have played with me or seen me play on other servers know this to be true. ill leave with nothing but good freinds and good memories and thats how i like it.

And nothing wrong with that. :)

DeletedUser46395

Well, the bolting is working in my favour now, instead of having to wait to demolish buildings no longer required, he does it instantly for me, making more space for troops to kick .

Good for you - always better to see the positive side. :)

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Right...

I earlier warned about going off-topic/spamming to much on this thread and looks like that has been ignored. No need to say anymore, sorry but thread is now closed to prevent any more spam.

I may re-open it at some point... but not today. End off.

Status
Not open for further replies.