Best Player in Alpha

DeletedUser

Hi all,

This is the time to revive the Alpha forum. Lets start with a competition "The Best Player in Alpha".

Prize:
The winner gets +rep from every one(if he is in the forums) if he is not...we will just appreciate him by sending a PM in game.

About the competition:
You can nominate 3 players max and you must also state the reason you are nominating him. The player who gets 2 nominations will be selected in this competition. After that we will have a poll. We can also vote players who have left the game.
VOTING YOURSELF WILL GET YOU DISQUALIFIED EVEN IF YOU ARE NOMINATED.

Nominees:
The-Iceman
Essex
cocotte

i nominate Essex for getting the highest ABPs
The-Iceman a very good helper, performs many ops and is a good sniper!
Ginormous even though i haven't fought him i have seen reports they are all impressive!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nominations:
The-Iceman for assisting with spells, providing other members with resources, largest account, fastest growth, manti-nuke maniac, breaking sieges with mantis.

NekoNormalan for the capability to siege a very well stacked town timing lots of nukes within same minute of CS and solely defend it against all attacks.

And for someone outside of alliance, although still an ally so I guess still a bit biased :p
AndrewPP who gave me a good run for my money for taking #1 in ABP, and also leads an alliance which is no easy task. I know if he had more time to designate to the game, he would be kicking some serious butt.

DeletedUser

Facts don't lie:

- Essex: By far the most attacking bps

- The-Iceman: By far the most cities

- Cocotte: By far the most defending bps

Three unique players with unique skills that brought them to the top in this game.

Lugosi

Strategos
Gorgon101 - he claimed to farm me and made the leadership of GP believe it so they kicked me . . wait either he's really persuasive with lies or they're idiots?

hmmm . . . :p

DeletedUser

cocotte- best defensive player in the game
LRLNCC- best coordinator in the game

DeletedUser

Nolimit101 - Loyalty and trustworthiness I consider far greater qualities.

DeletedUser10416

Facts don't lie:

- Essex: By far the most attacking bps

- The-Iceman: By far the most cities

- Cocotte: By far the most defending bps

Three unique players with unique skills that brought them to the top in this game.

In terms of the best players I'm just going to go with Wanax' quote. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

DeletedUser1594

...i think it's pretty clear. Ginormous has won this thing.

Let me be the first to congratulate him. what a champion he is. hip hip, hooray!! x3

DeletedUser

Nominate:

Darksunx

He was the one that brought fun and life to alpha, and was an all around great guy.

DeletedUser

as much as I hate to feed his massive ego in any way, I begrudgingly nominate Cocotte, as it is the only objective non-biased vote I could cast based on my gaming experience in this world.

DeletedUser

Dethgar-Able to withstand and grow in heavily EOW oceans gaining lots of cities and BP.

The-Iceman-Most cities and points. Over 500,000 points above 2nd place!

Essex-Best attacker and overall BP collector. Points to BP ratio of 1-2

DeletedUser

i want to nominate

Predator X a great, great player, when i was in TW-S i was fighting him, he survived, now hes my friend, and now i really see how good he is, and he's been growing very very quickly, now hes a rank 8 and he has an million points, so creds to him.

my next nominee is the great the big
The-Iceman, he have freaking 150 cities, when you reading this im guessing he has even more, he's growing very very fast, a good good attacker, a good player, respect mate ;)

my last, is the greatest defender in alpha, yes im talking about
Cocotte hes a good good defender, yes also a good attacker, he times his troops very good, but it is he's defending that is very very good, i tried to attacking him in every time on the day, i meet a big wall of birs that kill my cs. so i feel very proud to been taking 2 cities of cocotte :cool:

DeletedUser

I've never posted in the forum before in any game I've played, but praising dethgar as a good player is just too much.

I have no reason to quarrel with the accolades heaped on many of the others here, but dethgar????

When he was in EOW, he was a constant irritant, claiming big plans that never came to fruition. He was never a team player. I can't recall a single occasion on which he helped any of his alliance-mates with defensive support. And I can't recall him ever having taken a city from a formidable player--mostly ghosts, inactives, and professional victims.

To the degree that he is formidable now, it is thanks to AlphaBeta, which--to give it its due--is an impressive alliance.

Whether he's also driving them to distraction, I don't know. I can only hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've never posted in the forum before in any game I've played, but praising dethgar as a good player is just too much.

I have no reason to quarrel with the accolades heaped on many of the others here, but dethgar????

When he was in EOW, he was a constant irritant, claiming big plans that never came to fruition. He was never a team player. I can't recall a single occasion on which he helped any of his alliance-mates with defensive support. And I can't recall him ever having taken a city from a formidable player--mostly ghosts, inactives, and professional victims.

To the degree that he is formidable now, it is thanks to AlphaBeta, which--to give it its due--is an impressive alliance.

Whether he's also driving them to distraction, I don't know. I can only hope so.

hes only taking ghosts, inactives and professional victims? i dont see him taking any ghost, i dont see him taking any inactives, how could he get 74 cities if he did that. yhe maybe he taking professional victims, but hes attacking EOW, cant expect to find anything else than professional victims there.

DeletedUser13539

About 3/4 of Dethgar's cities are from Abandoned Cities or Inactive players.

Nothing against his gameplay because I do not speak from experience as an enemy(although have witnessed as an ally and alliance member), but he has learned alot during his time playing Grep since then. Unfortunately anyone can look good by stacking a city to defend it.

The true test is definately in skills & tactics, in which I now cannot give an opinion of either with regards to him because I only have seen reports, but again he has learned and does much better.

As far as jmkdunwoody's statements are concerned I do have to agree with pretty much alot of what he has said, but at the same time I talk with Dethgar on a regular basis and I do believe people can change and deserve second chances.