Passed Better Mapping System

Do you think a better mapping system as described below should be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 189 98.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ideas Form

Proposal
Based on the current in game mapping system it has now become increasingly more difficult to plan and implement attacks. Additionally it is virtually impossible to see Alliances that control particular parts of each respective Ocean.

My proposal is simple. A Tribal Wars "like" mapping system. I propose that the in game mapping system will offer at a minimum three new features

1) A traditional view
2) A political view (as seen in TW) -New
3) Alliance Highlight (as seen in TW) - New
4) Player Highlight (as seen in TW) - New

Current Workaround
The current Workaround is frankly a pain. In order to create a usable map there are several steps required.
1) Go to http://www.grepolismaps.org/
2) Input my criteria and adjust map accordingly
3) Save map as .jpg
4) Upload map to photobucket to get link
5) Post as needed

(This is also without re-touching the map in Paint so that it is easier to view)

Details
State the bulk of your idea. Remember to include all necessary details, mechanics and explanations of your idea.
Details suggested would be that you mimic the IG TW mapping system and implement.

Abuse Prevention
If there are any loopholes in your proposal state what your idea has done to close them. - NO

Visual Aids
Put any mock-ups here. Those that are large screen shots should be linked, smaller windows can be displayed using the image tags.

Again this is horrible looking... but the idea is clear.

addhereonmap.jpg

mapprop2.jpg

mapprop1.jpg

Summary
General rap up and thoughts. Should include why the Innogames and the player community will benefit from implementing this idea. - IG offers strategy based war games. That said it is not possible to successfully plan wars without good maps... Additionally moving forward with the increased usage of Grepolis it will become critical to offer the in game tools needed to adequately manage politics, conquers, our own personal cities, as well as a whole host of other actions such as trading.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

First, could you speak in black ink, second, formatting, third, of course

DeletedUser

it call a form there something call an idea form, fill that in.

DeletedUser2795

Uh, put the formatted version in the original post?
Also:
-provide a like to Grepolis maps as a whole, not just Alpha

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with this. The current mapping sytem is horible and anything that can be done to improve it would help.

DeletedUser

You have to be kidding me. There has to be more people that realize these maps are inadequate.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, except I believe it could use some more detail.
Would the political maps color islands based on the Alliances, and stretch bands between controlled islands?

DeletedUser

I like the idea, except I believe it could use some more detail.
Would the political maps color islands based on the Alliances, and stretch bands between controlled islands?

I would imagine. the color bands did stretch each 5 x 5 in TW so it should work with the islands.

DeletedUser

yep i like it :D
the current map system is pretty bad... so anyone would be good.

DeletedUser

Thank you all very very much. I too feel that this is really something that needs to happen rather soon. Especially in Alpha where there are a few dominant Alliances such as DDW TG SPARTA and of course us TW-Shadow.

Please keep the thread alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.