Passed City Governments

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

OMG Chrss thinks an idea is OK?

Wow...

That's the first time I've ever heard that :)

That's great news for your idea. Now you just got Corinthian II to worry about

I never said it was okay, just that it has potential. ; ) Balancing it is the main thing, which I'll make a post on when I have a bit more time.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, but the question for the OP is; how are you going to fit this in with the fact there is a research for conquest worlds called 'Democracy'? Are we going to now pretend that in practice, your populace can elect their military dictators and monarchs? :p

DeletedUser

You make a good point. I guess we'll have to unless they change something.

DeletedUser

You make a good point. I guess we'll have to unless they change something.

That is true, but all that would be required is a name-change to Resistance or Popular Uprising for that piece of research, or you could use more generalistic terms for a military regime such as Authoritarianism; such forms of democracy do exist in the real world, whether or not they fit in with the game-theme is another question altogether.

DeletedUser

Yeah I think saw another government called Totalitarianism. I don't know if that is the same thing though.

DeletedUser

I believe the greeks had 4 major government types.

Monarchy
A monarchy means in Greek, "ruled by one". In a monarchy the city-state was ruled by one ruler or king. The family of the king or ruler also got power.

Oligarchy
An oligarchy in Greek means "ruled by few". In an oligarchy a small group of the richest and most powerful citizens controlled decision making.

Democracy
A democracy is what we have today. It means in Greek "rule by the people". Citizens got to vote on decisions.

Tyranny
A tyranny is sort of like a monarchy. The city-state is ruled by one king. Though, that king makes harsh decisions and had all power. They take over things by force.

You can tie these in with your idea somehow, im to lazy to do it :p

DeletedUser26213

I like this idea. How do we get the official InnoGames team forum members to see this?

DeletedUser2663

Well you have got a basic idea that sounds good here. I want to see the OP updated with some of these idea's set in stone. Eg list the types of goverments and their bonus's and figures and requirements to go with them. I think that for it to get the bonus you should have a lvl 25 senate for the following reasons. Prevents it from becoming an issue at the start of the game where say 10% more reasources can be the difference between being farmed and farming between equally skilled players. Also it will make is so people keep their senate levels high and force em to make lvl 25 senates which nearly no one does as well. This will effectively act as a troop sacrifice for the bonus as well as many people demolish their senates for a slightly larger army. Jono listed four govement systems above that work very well for this. Even though tyranny and monarchy are the same thing really.

ran outta steam lol. Update the OP and then ill have another crack at it.

DeletedUser

Well you have got a basic idea that sounds good here. I want to see the OP updated with some of these idea's set in stone. Eg list the types of goverments and their bonus's and figures and requirements to go with them. I think that for it to get the bonus you should have a lvl 25 senate for the following reasons. Prevents it from becoming an issue at the start of the game where say 10% more reasources can be the difference between being farmed and farming between equally skilled players. Also it will make is so people keep their senate levels high and force em to make lvl 25 senates which nearly no one does as well. This will effectively act as a troop sacrifice for the bonus as well as many people demolish their senates for a slightly larger army. Jono listed four govement systems above that work very well for this. Even though tyranny and monarchy are the same thing really.

I like your idea with the lvl 25 Senate. I will try to update it ASAP.

DeletedUser

No, that is not a good suggestion. Senates are among the largest consumers of farm space, and losing 50 farm space to gain 10% extra resources or 10% faster troop production is beyond a ripoff given researches like Trainer exist, or Happiness spells. This doesn't factor in if you get bolted, which would make that little spell more annoying than it presently is.

If anything, if a building pre-requisite needs to be put in place; have it that one special building completed gives you access to what kind of government you want for each city; since they aren't affected by bolts and require a high senate to construct at some point.

DeletedUser26213

I think this has a real possibility of becoming a future feature of Grepo

DeletedUser2663

No, that is not a good suggestion. Senates are among the largest consumers of farm space, and losing 50 farm space to gain 10% extra resources or 10% faster troop production is beyond a ripoff given researches like Trainer exist, or Happiness spells. This doesn't factor in if you get bolted, which would make that little spell more annoying than it presently is.

If anything, if a building pre-requisite needs to be put in place; have it that one special building completed gives you access to what kind of government you want for each city; since they aren't affected by bolts and require a high senate to construct at some point.

Hmm some good points. Some of those things will depend on the server settings however. For example the farm space. I would much rather have 10% more resource production than 50 farm space on gythium since it has morale. 50 troops is meaningless to me when i have 1000's and 1000's at my disposal but 10% more resources would be perfect for me in regards to running festivals as i only attack in OPs now as attacking by myself is a waste due to morale. So long as these effects stack then its a perfectly fine trade off. Further examples, 10% more resource/favour i would find far more valuable in a speed three than a speed one for obvious reasons and 10% production speeds better in speed 1 for the obvious reason again.

The bolting factor is a good one however. Only thing i can think to fix this is if say a city has a lvl 25 senate and a goverment effect in place and gets bolted down to level 24 it just simply cancels the effect untill the senate is rebuilt. If anything it makes it a more useful spell. Quite simple.

If this was to be a special building i very highly doubt it would go through, Been around for 2 years now and seen many a great idea in the form of a special building and not a single one has been implemented and i don't see the devs starting anytime soon.

DeletedUser

I see your point, but I personally would rather have an easier means to rebuild my city and army (10% resource production, 10% troop production) than have 50 farm spaces.

DeletedUser

Hmm some good points. Some of those things will depend on the server settings however. For example the farm space. I would much rather have 10% more resource production than 50 farm space on gythium since it has morale. 50 troops is meaningless to me when i have 1000's and 1000's at my disposal but 10% more resources would be perfect for me in regards to running festivals as i only attack in OPs now as attacking by myself is a waste due to morale. So long as these effects stack then its a perfectly fine trade off. Further examples, 10% more resource/favour i would find far more valuable in a speed three than a speed one for obvious reasons and 10% production speeds better in speed 1 for the obvious reason again.

I can agree on the speed setting point, but morale shouldn't enter into this; although I agree it would be more useful in that kind of world... yes 50 extra troops doesn't make a huge deal of difference compared to 2.3-2.4k minimum space someone has to work with, but on non-morale servers, or faster settings; good players shouldn't have to make an unnecessary choice like that when troop production/movement speed is as vital as farm space allocation.

The bolting factor is a good one however. Only thing i can think to fix this is if say a city has a lvl 25 senate and a goverment effect in place and gets bolted down to level 24 it just simply cancels the effect untill the senate is rebuilt. If anything it makes it a more useful spell. Quite simple.

I don't think that's an adequate compromise, and would further encourage bolting instead of fighting as a means of disrupting an enemy. What if I'm using the troop production bonus and have soldiers in queue with this used? Are they affected? If not, why? Having them affected will yield the result of having to make a complex algorithm or game-check that would be too much work for too little gain, as well as give the user quite the headache; having it not affected would give this an unfair advantage over other options for at least one obvious reason.

If this was to be a special building i very highly doubt it would go through, Been around for 2 years now and seen many a great idea in the form of a special building and not a single one has been implemented and i don't see the devs starting anytime soon.

Not on a specific special building, just having 1 of 8 built on either side can unlock this option; since it requires the use of a high senate to construct to begin with, without being annoyed by people bolting you. I could also say in turn that having this on a level 25 senate is unlikely to pass through for the above reasons, and you know I've been around as long as you as I played in one of your older alliances. :p

I see your point, but I personally would rather have an easier means to rebuild my city and army (10% resource production, 10% troop production) than have 50 farm spaces.

Well... personal preference is just that, as you know we are making some variables for players to pick and choose at their leisure. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22372

Greeks had a dictatorship rule at first and after that they got a democratic rule.

After which they were part of a Republic (Roman Republic when Romans conquered the Greek states) and then went into Emperorship under the Roman Empire.

So all in all they have seen all forms of government.

DeletedUser2663

I can agree on the speed setting point, but morale shouldn't enter into this Just saying for players in my situation that when attacking with morale the fact that 50 troops becomes a more insignificant issue.; although I agree it would be more useful in that kind of world... yes 50 extra troops doesn't make a huge deal of difference compared to 2.3-2.4k minimum space someone has to work with, but on non-morale servers, or faster settings; good players shouldn't have to make an unnecessary choice like that when troop production/movement speed is as vital as farm space allocation. Thats more playstyle imo. as an example, back on gamma the first guy to hit 1mp abp did it with maxed cities 13716 points each. Farmspace is just playstyle and its up to the player to find what works best for them.

I don't think that's an adequate compromise, and would further encourage bolting instead of fighting as a means of disrupting an enemy. What if I'm using the troop production bonus and have soldiers in queue with this used? Are they affected? If not, why? Having them affected will yield the result of having to make a complex algorithm or game-check that would be too much work for too little gain, as well as give the user quite the headache; having it not affected would give this an unfair advantage over other options for at least one obvious reason. It would work like trainer and such, While you have it, it is in effect, but as soon as you unresearch or in this case get bolted, it you no longer get the effect but it would not effect the troops in cue at the time and that have recieved the effect.

Not on a specific special building, just having 1 of 8 built on either side can unlock this option; since it requires the use of a high senate to construct to begin with, without being annoyed by people bolting you. I could also say in turn that having this on a level 25 senate is unlikely to pass through for the above reasons, and you know I've been around as long as you as I played in one of your older alliances. :p This is just a difference in our opinions here. And you played with me lol? what server and under what name. Don't recognise the name. (feel free to pm it to me)

EDIT: found out who you are. Dam haven't seen another NmE fellow around for a very long time :)

My answers in bold

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.