• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30767

now that you say that xD.

"Sir, can you please hurry up with my senate, I got a meeting to attend to."

"But you see my lord, we can only work at this speed."

"Well, then.." *drags some nearby hobos*, "Tell these dogs to work."

"But you see my lord, they are inexperienced, and that we can only have a limited resources. We cannot afford to lose any due to accidents."

"Well, then.." *gives more resources* "Problem solved."

"Yes my lord, I'll go to work immediately."
------------------------------------------
Something like that?

How did you do that !!! :p .. Yes , exactly something like that ... :) :p

DeletedUser

Somehow I dont think that the owners of the game would be willing to provide an alternative to gold for these things. It would make more sense for the programmers to impliment a TRADE system where players can trade resources for gold. Players that are unemployed can get gold for the excess resources that they get each day ... workers can get resources for the real $$$ that they wish to throw in.
If Grepolis did impliment it, I think they would start singing Abba's money song.

DeletedUser

Have you thought of this being used in conjunction with Gold usage for shortening the construction timer, and summoning the Phoenician Merchant? Depending on the level of the building under construction would make the game extremely interesting for non-premium members after their beginner protection expires. While less useful to the premium member later in building, early on it's going to multiply their advantages.

Somehow I dont think that the owners of the game would be willing to provide an alternative to gold for these things. It would make more sense for the programmers to impliment a TRADE system where players can trade resources for gold. Players that are unemployed can get gold for the excess resources that they get each day ... workers can get resources for the real $$$ that they wish to throw in.
If Grepolis did impliment it, I think they would start singing Abba's money song.

STO uses a similar system. They could implement a very small gold usage fee to purchase resources on the premium members side to ensure a steady stream of income.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

STO uses a similar system. They could implement a very small gold usage fee to purchase resources on the premium members side to ensure a steady stream of income.
My preference would be a trading system where players have to swop resources for gold. The reason is what I call the "Zimbarbwe Effect" where you print more money (ie: create more resources), all that it does is cause an increase in "inflation" in the game (and yes I am aware that Grepolis is a fixed price market).
A trading system would avoid an unnatural increase in the amount of resources, as it would just be a trade between two players. I expect most players would do it via alliance trading, which currently occurs (by sending it straight to the player) but there would be nothing coming back to that player.
It would be easy way for an alliance to help their players with resources get gold (as they dont have any real $$$$) and their players with gold get resources (players struggling that would just quite right now).
Its a win-win for alliances doing this and for Grepolis owners!

DeletedUser

Can we carry this over to a seperate thread? I'm already in hot water with the Mods........

DeletedUser30767

I think i have said this many times over but will in any case still repeat ...
This improvement is not gonna cost IG a lot of gold/money ... Because most of the gold is used for premium features ... Plus it is possible (i have not done research) that it attracts more players of non premium background in staying and continuing to play the game .. So more revenue for IG in that sense...

And resources for gold is going to be a disaster ... already seen that in grepolympics .... It would even more tilt the favor in side of gold users ...

Whereas in my case , there is a tradeoff for everyone involved .... you loose resources for speeding up your buildings

DeletedUser

Whereas in my case , there is a tradeoff for everyone involved .... you loose resources for speeding up your buildings
It really is a moot point. Grepolis arent going to decrease a feature that provides them with money unless they make more money elsewhere. Increasing speed by using gold is an effective marketting strategy for Grepolis.

DeletedUser

It really is a moot point. Grepolis arent going to decrease a feature that provides them with money unless they make more money elsewhere. Increasing speed by using gold is an effective marketting strategy for Grepolis.

Well not quite, they will make appropriate tweaks here and there, the Phoenician Merchants trade ratios have been altered in newer worlds to be less favorable with small harbor levels, statistically that would skim a little off their profits, not enough to be greatly noticeable, but they do make changes when they are needed.

DeletedUser20429

That's true but remember if they increase the amount of money you need to actually play the game well than they will lose their no premium player base. This probably wouldn't bother them due to them still earning the same profit but bad rep spreads like wild fire. Especially by children talking about the latest games. I mean even when your an adult or a teenager we find ourselves talking about the latest trends in something whether it be: clothing, colouring etc. Then someone brings up gaming of some sort then boom the bad stuff and the good stuff is sorted among friends. People will only play a game which has a high reputation for being good.

Look at tribal wars. The speed worlds require you to pay some sort of money to enter them. Then more to use premium.

DeletedUser

I think i have said this many times over but will in any case still repeat ...
This improvement is not gonna cost IG a lot of gold/money ... Because most of the gold is used for premium features ... Plus it is possible (i have not done research) that it attracts more players of non premium background in staying and continuing to play the game .. So more revenue for IG in that sense...

And resources for gold is going to be a disaster ... already seen that in grepolympics .... It would even more tilt the favor in side of gold users ...

I think you'll find that in the majority of games that do implement a system like that, the gold ratio to resources and the obverse will be close on both sides. How many resources would a non-premium member give up to be able to enjoy all the premium features - like the 30% resource boost a Merchant provides? On a permanent basis? How much gold would a player give up for x amount of resources? I fail to see why this isn't a tradeoff. Grepolympics unduly unbalanced the game because the resources came from outside the game - it wasn't produced by the players. Kind of like a super Phoenician Merchant, available at will. And the ratio of resources via laurels was set arbitrarily - not through a free market system - on a sliding scale for those who bought (and spent) more gold.

This improvement will not cost IG any Gold, indeed it may motivate more buying. No game unbalance - when everyone has the potential to be a gold user - not a gold buyer.

DeletedUser30767

I have stated this point that if IG loses their direct source of income (ie gold), they can gain on their indirect source of income ie marketing revenues generated through more server activity as more players may come .. :) ...
And as i have already stated in proposal, it will be only available for once per upgrade .. :)

DeletedUser

I have stated this point that if IG loses their direct source of income (ie gold), they can gain on their indirect source of income ie marketing revenues generated through more server activity as more players may come .. :) ...
And as i have already stated in proposal, it will be only available for once per upgrade .. :)

Very speculative, and most worlds released still get within 30k-60k players with the current system, this has generally been the case throughout most of the games history.

DeletedUser30767

@ Horus and Saska, I agree that servers fill up pretty fast .... but after sometime most of the players start dropping out, a majority of them non gold users ... and some are fed up with the ridculous amounts of time spent on buildings... How about this ?? :)

@Saska - Your opinion also when you are dishonest .. :p :p :)

DeletedUser

@ Horus and Saska, I agree that servers fill up pretty fast .... but after sometime most of the players start dropping out, a majority of them non gold users ... and some are fed up with the ridculous amounts of time spent on buildings... How about this ?? :)

The game takes patience and planning in order to succeed, and that is why most end up dropping out.

DeletedUser

As Ive said previously, Grepolis owners would think in terms of a business case. How does making this change increase their future revenues that outway the expenses involved? Whilst it would increase popularity in the game I doubt that that would be enough to counter the loss of revenue and the increased expenses.
As a Software Engineer I can tell you that bosses think in terms of deadlines, time costs, resource costs, project revenues and customer satisfaction. Customer Satisfaction only relates to project revenues, if their long term revenue will decrease by taking this option then they will advise "thank you for your request, we are currently reviewing feasibility of implimenting this system and will advise if a realistic solution becomes available". Unless all Premium players offer to pay more elsewhere (to increase revenue to compensate lost revenue and increased expenses) then Grepolis will just give you a thank you for your suggestion and leave it at that.

DeletedUser30767

The point i am trying to pass on is that this option will be more attractive to non premium players, because they have resources but no gold ... whereas for premium players , gold is a better option otherwise they will have to give in a large amount of resources ...

P.S. : Really happy for the discussion going on .... helps to get other views :)

DeletedUser

Hey if you can proove to the project manager of Grepolis the financial advantage of Grepolis doing this then best of luck. However it will decrease revenue and increase expenses. This isnt a charity game, the people writing this software would be doing this to make money or they wouldnt have a gold system to begin with.

DeletedUser30767

Well, Just see, we have a new fest where it doesnt matter if theres gold or not ... And one thing definitely i can say is that they would have noticed a spike in the demand for server ...

So that kinda proves my point ..

DeletedUser

Eh..I personally don't see the resources to replace the gold on cutting down time going over very well..

Reason: InnoGame's makes the money off the gold that people spend to hurry up and finish buildings..If resources allowed for that users would quit paying for gold if they had the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.