Newspaper Corinth Weekly | Issue Five

DeletedUser

Good evening everyone, and welcome to what is the fifth edition of your weekly newspaper, Corinth Weekly.

As usual, to start this week's edition we have the interviews. This week I bring you interviews from xXSexySpartanXx, a member of leading alliance Permanent Ban, and Dawson1985 of rim alliance Legion of Achilles.

What's it like being a member of PB?

I like it very much. There is a lot of support from other members, but every once in awhile you have some idiot who wants nothing more than to just use the alliance. It's a great alliance to be in and we are lucky to have such encouraging and active leaders in Soc, Milos, and Pyth.

Is PB the best alliance you've ever been in?

By FAR! I made an MRA in Tau. I thought we were da BOMB! Well we weren't. The only other alliance that could come anywhere near to this one was the two week period I had in Chi over the summer with G.A.R/Shadow Warriors we were disbanned quickly and then I quit Grepolis for a while because I was soooo sad that those idiots ruined all of my hardwork! However by far Permanent Ban... best alliance of all.

Have you had any issues in the alliance so far?

I have only had two small issues lately. One of which being some idiot who got annoyed at us because he was conquered. He made the support thread about 10 hours into conquest (or at least that is when I saw it first.) I also had a very small issue just recently (not voiced to alliance though) about my buddy DragonKiller8 getting kicked due to low points.

Why did you found Legion of Achilles?

The LOA was founded when 2 alliances merged, The Ares Horsemen and the Reign of Darkness, We were both fighting for top spot in Ocean64 and decided it would be best for an equal merge. we also wanted a strong alliance situated in just one ocean for now with no more than 70 active members capable of spreading in any direction when we want and that's what i believe we have here.

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

Yeah im pleased with our progress. I couldnt of asked for more really, we are taking all the cities we want and havent had no trouble from any alliances yet. All the newer players to the game are learning well from the more experienced. Id say we all feel pretty safe at the minute

Which alliances do you see as major competition?

I dont see any alliance as threat to us yet, all major alliances on our borders seem to have there hands full with there own oceans before trying to come into ours. We also have some good allies around us

What are your thoughts on Permanent Ban and Protogenoi so far?

I love the look of Protogenoi, an alliance of no more than 80 members, seem to be doing very well at the minute and certainly an alliance that will be around for a while.

Permanent Ban another top alliance that is doing the business, if i had one issue with them it would be the amount of members in the alliance.

In other news....

Permanent Ban: Lots To Live Up To

image.php

As most of you will know, Permanent Ban are a remake of Project Venom. PV dominated their world, killing off nearly all opposition and fighting a coalition of alliances. They were still succeeding at the time they left Xi, and they're hoping to bring their previous successes over to Corinth. One of this world's biggest questions is this: Will PB live up to previous successes? I asked PB leader iCyber, and this is the interview.

Project Venom from Xi was a huge success, do you think PB are living up to their previous successes so far?

Project Venom was a huge success, easily one of, if not the, best alliances ever to be in grepo. The stats alone speak for themselves, dominant in every single ranking on Xi. Then there was us managing to maintain our hold of the 4 core oceans+ 1 rim ocean with a minimal number of active players and 7 alliances pacted against us.

Well I never was in PV at this stage of the game but i can easily give a comparison, by stats PB are clearly better then PV were at this stage, in Xi there was nemesis and CS all very closely ranked in stats, here PB are well ahead of the rest. Though PV never lost cities as fast as PB have lost here. PB and PV were both roughly the same at this stage but i think PV would edge it just a bit.

Will Protogenoi Hold Out?

image.php

#4 alliance Protogenoi have been stuggling recently. Their leader, Nickossa openly admits to having difficulty holding back the powerhouse that is Permanent Ban. Despite this, he's showed fighting spirit, vowing to fight to the end against this giant. Proto have less than half the number of members compared to PB, so it's predictable that they may struggle slightly. PB haven't conquered a Proto city in the last two days, could this be a sign of them backing of, or just a temporary halt in conquers? I'm sure we'll soon see, I'll keep you updated.

Just in...

Ocean 56 Is The Place To Be

image.php

I have recieved information from an informant inside RP Global Ltd. regarding a major offensive in O56.

RP Global Ltd., Snoops Troops and another, as yet to be disclosed, alliance have decided that THE IMMORTALS and Troy must go.

Effective 6/12/2011 a major CS offensive began in earnest against targets in Ocean 56. So far, 2 successful conquers, with an additional 6 conquers online for today and tomorrow.

All told, some 42 cities have been targeted and claimed and currently are or shortly will be under seige in Ocean 56 with a combined force of 89 players against those targets.

This is a very well, very co-ordinated tactical attack with strategic implications for not only Ocean 56, but also 46 and 66 as well.

Pay attention to Ocean 56, things are about to break loose there.

Thats all I can feed you at this time, more to come with more details after the individual tactical level campaigns come to a close.

I'll also let you know that there is a very capable, very well disciplined and organized leadership at work here.

New to this issue: Noob of The Week!

Brand new to this week's edition is Corinth's Noob of The Week.

This week's noob is.... iCyber of PB! Why, you may ask. Well, iCyber has deleted almost 2 pages of unread mails from his inbox, meaning many PB applicants have been ignored. He goes into the Corinth Hall of Noobs! Congrats to him!

That's all for this week guys, have a good evening.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Absolutely Amazing :D. +Rep when I get green. Seems me and RagingPallas have a lot to live up to

DeletedUser

Brilliant edition Owen! I'm not sure who this informant is but it certainly is DEFCON1 over here in O56 :), +rep for you!

221hkx.jpg

DeletedUser

"Patience a virtue... Just not one of mine!"
tommymcm's Father

DeletedUser14937

That's right :p! I'm the celebrity to be interviewed this week haha :D!!!

Another great paper :)!!!! I am kinda wondering when nickossa will burn out from warring PB almost single handedly :D!

DeletedUser

good issue again :) it's not as fancy as some other papers i've seen, but this must be the best recipe for a long lasting and interesting paper to date.

DeletedUser

I am kinda wondering when nickossa will burn out from warring PB almost single handedly :D!

I was wondering when PB will burn out from warring Nickossa almost single handedly :p
nah, just wanted to say great paper, +rep for sure :)

DeletedUser

nice paper as always owen

DeletedUser

i wish we had one of these in Xi. last time we had an issue was before i started playing and now i have 155000 points. Only 4 issues in it 2.

DeletedUser

good issue again :) it's not as fancy as some other papers i've seen, but this must be the best recipe for a long lasting and interesting paper to date.

yeah, it was never intended to be fancy, i just wanted to include the important stuff :p

thanks for all the responses guys

DeletedUser14937

I was wondering when PB will burn out from warring Nickossa almost single handedly :p
nah, just wanted to say great paper, +rep for sure :)

normally it takes 100 members just a bit longer then 1 person to burn out :D!

DeletedUser

normally it takes 100 members just a bit longer then 1 person to burn out :D!

i'am no normal person Icyber my friend :p, I am the Chaotic Beast of Tartarus and i like my odds..