Corinth Weekly | Issue One

DeletedUser

Welcome to Corinth Weekly, a weekly newspaper for world Corinth.

In this edition, we take a look at some of the leading alliances and have interviews with Socrates34 of Permanent Ban, Demonot of Last Fallen Nation and Jarpenguin of Massive Rhinocerous Army. All three of the alliances are high in the table and will be aiming to stay there.

The Interviews

What is it that made you start Permanent Ban?

We had a lot of over active guys either quit or move on it Xi. Every other alliance in existence was allied against us. it was about 25 enemy players for every PV player. End up being a stalemate. It was hard to take cities off them when you have 6k ls going at a siege from 3 alliances. They weren't having much luck taking anything from us but inactives. boring. new server and no morale was a sore temptation.

Can you tell us a little about PB's history?

Not much to tell. We decided to recruit noobs, teach them a little, answer their questions and see how it worked out. worked out pretty well in xi. hoping for similar results.

What are your targets?

we have no predetermined targets. that's not really how we operate. we'll be cleaning out our islands of anything not blue. that's really our first goal. Our first target will likely be whoever attacks us.

Where do you see your alliance in 2 months?

it's not possible to make a good determination until i see some of the new people in action. building is one thing. attacking is another. i hope to have two of the core oceans conquered in 2 months.

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

we have a higher average score than i anticipated so i am pleased thus far by the way things are going. it is always chaotic at the start of a server but that should begin to fade as BP ends and player cuts begin. i already know what i have in my ex-PV contingent. It's the new guys who will be tested and soon.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

What is it that made you start Last Fallen Nation?

I started playing Grepolis when Sigma started, as with every new player I joined an alliance in order to learn how to play the game and for team play. Even though I enjoyed being in an alliance and slowly rising up in the rank, I always had the desire to run my own alliance in this game and see if I can emulate the success I had with other online games.

What are your targets?

Not sure if you mean targets as in enemies or targets as in goals. For enemy targets, we currently do not have any. Our current main focus is to spread across O55 and one day dominate it along with any allies we might pick up along the way.

Spreading across Ocean 55 and eliminating our enemy (whoever that may be).

I am quiet proud with the progress of the alliance, the forums are full of life and our plans are starting to be put into effect. The most important part, we are having fun.

What is it that made you start MRA?

SpartaPrime and I like lulz. Creating an MRA would provide for a massive amount of lulz.

What are your targets?

Remorce, I want to conquer him again.

Possibly disbanded, possibly still number 1

Yes, we've been MRing better than I expected we would.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you to all the interviewees... We can see who put in the effort ;)

In other news...

Massive Rhinocerous Army Hit 400

That's correct! MRA have hit 400 members and are steaming on towards 200,000 points. Of course, with 400 members comes a bad average, MRA's is down on a lowly 467. Nevertheless, it cannot be denied that MRA are pros at mass recruiting. Will they get serious? Who knows? I'll keep you up to date.

This early in the game, the core is a place of mad mass recruiters, nooby noobs and even a few elitists, but who exactly is bossing the oceans?

In Ocean 44, Permanent Ban are narrowly ahead of Massive Rhinocerous Army, but PB have a much better city average.

In Ocean 45, Permanent Ban are ahead again, but with a much bigger lead this time.

In Ocean 54, Protogenoi are narrowly ahead of MRA, but with a much better city average.

And finally, in Ocean 55, MRA are 1st, but Last Fallen Nation are following with an advantage in city average points.

And to finish, we have this week's rankings.

EErni.jpg

That's it for this week guys, thanks for reading!

More Corinth news to come next week!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12324

This is simple but asked all the right questions and done in an easy to read and understand way, keeps me up-to-date on things anyways +rep bud :)

DeletedUser15202

Really good - hope you won't fail like some other world newspapers

DeletedUser

Thanks for the responses guys :)

If you have any suggestions to improve the paper then please feel free to give me some advice :)

btw, edited in Jarpenguin's interview :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5859

I think some small articles on diff alliances would be fun.. it wouldent have to even be a front runner.. just some random alliance would even be fun to read! as long as they are active.. ask people that are located around them what they think about them.. and then ask some of their members AND the leaders questions about it

members can say what they think of the other people in it.. and give more detail from a diff perspective as to how the alliance is run..

while the 2 alliances you did talk to are currently the most watched alliances id LOVE to hear more about Protogenoi, and also Memento Mori

great paper though! id love to see this be one of.. if not.. the first paper to continue through the server.. also a competing paper would be kinda cool! that way you guys could see who could put out the best paper!

DeletedUser

Trust me, I'll be looking into some smaller and less known alliances in my next few issues. Thanks for the comments, I'll take note :)

DeletedUser17088

Good effort owen, It's a shame most 'newspapers' fail as this one is enjoyable. Try keep it up

DeletedUser

You never know mate. It's not too difficult.

I'd really like it if you went ahead. 2 is better than 1 :)

DeletedUser

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to owen66 again. :(

Nice one owen, looking forward to the next one.

DeletedUser

You never know mate. It's not too difficult.

I'd really like it if you went ahead. 2 is better than 1 :)

yeah pretty much have to know what questions to ask and what would entertain players in the forum ;)

DeletedUser

Most newspapers fail after their 1st week but nice to see a good one.

DeletedUser

Most newspapers fail after their 1st week but nice to see a good one.

Well, my newspaper on Athens failed after 5 weeks because I got rimmed :D

But I'm in Corinth for the long run, and I want to keep this going for as long as I can :)

DeletedUser

great job owen. looking forward to the next issue :)
personally i think that you should team up with someone who can do the smaller alliances so that the people who just want to know the main things can read your issue and then the people who want to read about the smaller alliances can read your partners issue.