Open Daily Quickfire Debates!

DeletedUser33530

After what you said about Thomas' pee you have no right to facepalm.

DeletedUser

Parents should not be allowed to smack their children outright.
Discuss.

to be clear... we're talking a backside open-hand spank... right?

not an uppercut to the jaw... a knee to the groin... or a lit cigarette to the forearm...

right?

DeletedUser19042

not an uppercut to the jaw... a knee to the groin... or a lit cigarette to the forearm...

right?

I hope so.

If that's the case I wouldn't see a reason why not as long as it's not used frequently. I'm 18 and I must say that 'educative spanks' (lol) made me who I am and I'm happy I got them.

DeletedUser33530

I hope so.

If that's the case I wouldn't see a reason why not as long as it's not used frequently. I'm 18 and I must say that 'educative spanks' (lol) made me who I am and I'm happy I got them.

If this doesn't prove that spanking is wrong I don't know what does.

DeletedUser29066

Yes, until said backside reaches just the right shade of red ( a deep crimson should do )

DeletedUser

I think... in general.. its an effective tool for educating a younger child about "cause & effect".

Teaching them that bad actions have harsh consequences... I watched my cousin try to debate morality for hours with her three year old... not very affective... and he'd forgotten what he even DID 10 minutes after the event.

Still, like anything, it needs to be used in moderation... with wisdom & compassion on the part of the parent.

HERE THAT GRANDMA??? COMPASSION.

Compassion means no tasering me for being in the shower too long...

Compassion means no secretly peeing on my toothbrush for being out too late...

Compassion means no hiding a rattler in my underwear drawer because I forgot to tape Wheel of Fortune for you...

DeletedUser

It is time to end the 'special relationship' between the UK and the USA.
Discuss.

DeletedUser

i guess if i make a stupid one you make new ones :D

tbh, i don't really see a need to cut ties, why would we?

DeletedUser33530

Well I say the UK adds another letter at the end if their abbreviation and its all good.

Now to be serious I see no reason to end the relationship

DeletedUser

how long will it take for thomas to delete this and come up with a new one?

DeletedUser

Mandatory military service for a short period (1-2 years) would benefit young people.
Discuss.

DeletedUser

Yes it might improve discipline but it may damage young peoples mental health as they may be bullied by older soldiers which would also reduce self-esteem as well as having an increased chance to develop PTSD ultimately I think it is better if the young person makes the choice as whether to join or not.

DeletedUser

Maybe some sort but not compulsory front line service, a desk job maybe, compulsory front line service could scar some minds.

DeletedUser

Yes it might improve discipline but it may damage young peoples mental health as they may be bullied by older soldiers which would also reduce self-esteem as well as having an increased chance to develop PTSD ultimately I think it is better if the young person makes the choice as whether to join or not.

or they may, die. being bullied get over it, being killed not so much.

DeletedUser

I believe every able-bodied and able-minded young man in America should have to temporarily serve in our country's military in some position. Now whether that be front line infantry action, rear detachment service, or even working in offices, I feel it is only right as a patriot, a person, and a man to sacrifice my life for those I love.