Dead World

DeletedUser

With so few players remaining only 5 months into this world how much longer can it survive?

TRT and their pacts are dominating. There is little hope for any other alliance surviving. I have never seen a world where the top three alliances were so tight and they still have other alliances on their side.

My idea would be for everyone to leave. Ghost your cities! Leave them nothing and no world to continue in. Once a server goes below 300 players for a month it is supposed to close.

Maybe next time they will not be the bullies.

DeletedUser

Your point is valid, here are some of my opinions on the subject:
-Many (if not all) worlds end up like this at some point, dominated by 3-5 large alliances, and sometimes only one or two. Though 5 months in is very early that is for sure.
-All pacts must end sometime. I doubt the top alliances are going to play nice for the entire remainder of the world.
-I don't think it is bullying, it is quite strategic actually. Start off so strong that most others are too far behind to catch up. Props to Rim Team for keeping their momentum.
-Mass-ghosting in an attempt to end the world is just poor sportsmanship. This is a game and the number one priority should be to have fun. If you're not having fun here, that's fine, switch to a different world. But you don't have to ruin the fun for everyone else.

DeletedUser

My guess is that only the top 3 alliance players are having fun at this point. 150 players! The rest can't even have their own smaller wars because TRT, HARPOON, and THON have each other's back, giving no others a chance for their own wars.

DeletedUser

Well there are quite a few alliances that have the capabilities (at least points wise) to pose significant threats. UNITED MILITIA (Formerly Gonzales), GT/GTN, Thug Life, the new UC, etc. are all pretty close in size now. If they wanted to, each one of them could apply some very serious pressure.

I guess this world just doesn't seem as one-sided to me. The top 10 alliances actually looks fairly good right now, in my opinion.

Like I said, I see where you're coming from. I think such a small alliance limit is part of the problem in this particular instance though. Less people can be in the top alliances, which means more people have to be OUTSIDE the top rankings. This increase in competition results in many smaller/less active/less aggressive players being locked out of the top.

In other worlds, less experienced players can cruise along and still be in a top alliance. That is simply not the case here. I think what it comes down to is that this world demands more from players, which inevitably roots out those who are not up to the challenge. I am not trying to sound rude or arrogant here at all, I just don't view this as being unfair, I view it as being a result of the more challenging world settings.

As for who the top alliances choose to have wars and pacts with: every alliance has their own success and goals in mind. Any alliances top priority should be what is in the best interests of the alliance.

DeletedUser

This post is quite funny.....

Now i have a question buddy....

TrT is the OLDEST alliance in Edessa...We started being 20th ranked, we have grown, we got in number 2 or 3....points do not matter imo...But this ain't about TrT, we are just some rookies who had luck....There are a lot of good alliances around here....Won't post names here....

When HA formed a 10 alliance coalition against TrT why did u not posted this ? Asking for everyone to ghost cuz HA had a full green map ?

Again, TrT is ONE alliance in this world...There are many others, like Horns, HARPOON, UC, UNITED MILITIA, Rip Current, GT, GTN, Apocalypse, Scourge, Garde du Corps, MM, TDC, and many more....If u put in the balance, u will understand that one coalition has a smaller number fighting a 2 times bigger alliance...Now i ask u, being outnumbered and winning means that prolly some quality is involved ?

...And i am not speaking here about TrT, but about the other alliances that were not interested in the HA coalition and have grown after attacking it....

Again, good luck for everyone, happy hunting and have fun, but seriously, this posts makes me wonder how come no one asked this when HA had a 10 alliances coalition ganging up against ONE ALLIANCE !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Again, TrT is ONE alliance in this world...There are many others, like Horns, HARPOON, UC, UNITED MILITIA, Rip Current, GT, GTN, Apocalypse, Scourge, Garde du Corps, MM, TDC, and many more....

:rolleyes: You missed one..........

DeletedUser

Yes Storarus brings up some excellent points.

It should count for something that many of the 'smaller' alliances are allied with each other, and were even in a super-coalition if you will. Mathematically speaking, the odds are pretty even, and maybe even tilted in the smaller guys favor. 6-7 smaller alliances is = or > the top 3, at least points wise. But like Storarus also said, pts can be very deceiving, and often times just plain wrong!

DeletedUser

Woah... This world is dying? We didn't get anything in the mail up here at GTN... The beaches still look good... and the water is fine...

If you guys don't mind... We're still going to work on our tan a bit longer...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Diplomacy is part of the game. If someone can take advantage of it to dominate the world, they deserve to win also. We do not need to do anything to push the world to be closed.

In fact, I have known and participated the operation against fusion II and then Valhalla coalitions (~5 alliances) as the members of HA. I have never heard that we have formed a giant coalition to play against TRT before we were being attacked by TRT, Horns, Valhalla coalitions and Apocalypse. I am not going to complain it. This operation was planned and executed well. The chair of this operation was outstanding. For me, it looked like "Battle of Pearl Harbor" while this is not a war we have prepared.

DeletedUser

I agree with Hoppy... if this is a dead world... than my team is being attacked by zombies on a daily basis...

DeletedUser

Looking at the stats, it seems to be quite a well-balanced world - diplomacy doesn't last forever. ;) I mean, looking at alliances like Greek Terror North and Thug Life, you still have some very strong point averages outside of the top five. Those players could still make a heavy impact on the world if they choose sides. :p

DeletedUser

Hell even some of the alliances ranked in the 20's could tip the scales if/when they cast their stones :)

DeletedUser

Hell even some of the alliances ranked in the 20's could tip the scales if/when they cast their stones :)

Really depends on the size of their stones...

My dad once had a kidney stone the size of a gibbon's thumb. No lie.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
With so few players remaining only 5 months into this world how much longer can it survive?

TRT and their pacts are dominating. There is little hope for any other alliance surviving. I have never seen a world where the top three alliances were so tight and they still have other alliances on their side.

My idea would be for everyone to leave. Ghost your cities! Leave them nothing and no world to continue in. Once a server goes below 300 players for a month it is supposed to close.

Maybe next time they will not be the bullies.

And this is what a little crybaby would say, who has lost, you were probably part of HA. Good idea telling everyone to ghost, it's funny, isn't that what HA did on there previous world LOL? Go somewhere else and complain, LOSER!

DeletedUser

This post is old but really funny. I think I will ghost just so this world can all run away. I'm glad some of the more respectable players from different alliances spoke up here. This world and its wars ARE FAR FROM OVER. There are many fine players and good alliances out there yet and I plan on being around long enough to try and outwit them.. To the original wahhh wahhhh I would point to the Baby's
R Us store on the corner for what ails ya buddy lol

Grey

DeletedUser

trt thon and some smaller alliances around 8 alliances focus on 1 alliance thats i call skill lol
never meet unskilled noobs like this bevore^^respect